All member reviews for The Princess and the Frog

First African-American Disney princess is a good role model.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byauntmitty December 21, 2009

Adorable, but too scary for lil' ones

Adorable characters in the bayou and beautiful colorful animation. So unfortunate that the Shadow Man's "friends from the other side" are so scary in an evil sort of way. I am usually the liberal in the crowd, but there is no way I would take my 3-yr-old nephew to see this.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygeneva yancy December 21, 2009

it good for eny one

i loved it. it was so funny and cool
Kid, 9 years old December 21, 2009

perfect for 2 year olds but not six year olds

i hate it bcause bbig kids like six year olds should not be watching princess and the frogs movies if u have not noticed little kids are growing up peeps bye ...
Parent of a 2, 4, 10, and 10 year old Written byjegglou December 20, 2009

Skip it, you won't miss a thing

Way to many spiritual undertones relating to spells, voodoo and demonic attacks
Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2009

perfect for 6+, but older kids might get bored.

luved it! totally in love with the African American Princess theme!
Adult Written byDr.Pepper December 18, 2009

Best Disney Movie of the Decade

I love this movie! It is one of the best Disney movies I have seen in years. The only main concern is that the villian may be scary for little kids. Also there is a little bit of wine drinking, but it isn't bad.
Adult Written byDad_of_Many December 18, 2009

I have a question...

What is the difference between Voodoo MAGIC and the MAGIC that is contained in Aladdin, Snow White, Cinderella, or any other Disney movie? My personal opinion is that those of you who are taking offense are judging the movie because it is set in New Orleans, and let just say that, being a person from New Orleans, that your views of my great city are VERY off the mark. The people you hear about flashing and other things during Mardi Gras are 9 times out of 10 not New Orleanians, but are your next door neighbor, or your children's school teacher.
Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byfeirin December 18, 2009

Strong & Admirable Main Character Paired With Bland Music & A Slow Moving Story

I have two boys ages 8 and 13 and we are big Disney buffs.Unfortunately this movie fell short of what we were hoping.The music was not too catchy nothing that would be considered classic and stick in your head to have you singing when leaving the theater. I love the fact that the main Character Tiana not only is African American but is also strong willed, hard working, and does not give up on her dreams.Mainly a classic happily ever after fairy tale. Could have been more thought or action put into this movie to keep this film entertaining and moving quicker. As far as the vodoo in this movie..please people the movie is taking place in New Orleans,LA. they incorporated the culture, food,language, & history into this movie. It was not meant to be offensive. The villian / scarey scenes are no different than Sleeping beauty pricking her finger and snow white and the poison apple.There has to be a villian and something or someone bad to make the good characters defined and triumph over evil or wrong doing with their strong will and beliefs.Final say is a good movie but not great.
Parent of a 3 year old Written byMsKatyJ December 18, 2009

It's Ok

My 5 year old loved it.
Adult Written bymsred2325 December 17, 2009
I understand that the movie is about New Orleans but how is this a G rating?? There is entirely too much about vodoo and spirits for any little one under middle school age to understand. The music overall stunk except for 1 in which the "nice" vodoo priest sung (Dig a little deeper). This is not for young children. Next time I will wait a couple of days before watching any new Disney movie to read other parents views on it.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byShreddly December 17, 2009

Great fun for all the family with disappointing music

It's a great, fun story with very little real peril or violence, though there is quite a bit of creepy voodoo stuff. We all really enjoyed it, but I was rather disappointed by the songs - Disney and Randy Newman have rather lost their touch on this one. The songs are bland an unmemorable and rather too plentiful given their quality.Nothing like the songs on (say) Tarzan, Beauty and the Beast or Toy Story
Parent of a 3 year old Written bykjmommy December 17, 2009

Not for a toddler! Don't waste your money!!!!

I walked out of the theater and got my money back. Extremely disappointing...taught me to PREVIEW everything my three year old watches and to not trust a G rating my Disney. Since when is Voodoo and friends "on the other side" appropriate for a G rating????? Princess Tiana's dreams and story are a nice touch, but other than that, two thumbs down...so disappointing!!!
Adult Written byMovieLover217 December 16, 2009

Good for middle aged kids and older.

I love this movie! Lessons are learned because Tiana didn't quit when she tries to get the restaurant. I mean like if you see a part you don't like just close your childs eyes. It's not even a big deal.
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2009

good movie

I love it!
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written bySonoraSchmidt December 13, 2009
I hadn't read these reviews before going to see this movie today. I had a friend who had taken her child (3.5 and 1.5) to see it and thought it was great. I took my 3.5 year old and didn't think it was very good for her. It was pretty scary for her. A couple of characters die, and we've been fielding those questions several times this evening. The older kids were laughing and loved it. I thought it was cute, for me.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2009

I don't like t
Parent of a 6 year old Written byCoraW December 13, 2009
too scary for our 6 year olds b-day party.. two kids left cause they were scared and the birthday girl was hiding in dad!
Parent of a 4, 6, and 8 year old Written bycjack December 12, 2009

Poor, disappointing, thumbs down movie!

I was very disappointed in this movie. I brought my six year old daughter to it. I was more disgusted with the fact that witchcraft and voodoo was even in this. I don't think that is appropriate for any audience but especially not children. Yes, some of the scenes are too scary and evil as well. If they could have left out the witchcraft and witch doctor, it would have been tolerable but not with it. I should have expected it from Disney though. They like New age themes and anything that appears to be anti-Christian. Major thumbs down. Looking back I wish I would have just left but kept thinking if would get better or change, it didn't; it only got worse. I'm already telling my Christian friends Not to see it.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bysseguin December 12, 2009

This is a DVD keeper - can't wait for it to come out.

We loved this movie. Loved Tiana - great character, committed to her goals, and knows how to treat others in spite of them. Had some trouble with the scary minions of Dr. Facilier and the voodoo themes, but loved the plot overall. The 7 year old boys liked certain aspects - the cartoon violence and the music. The 9 and 10 year old girls, loved it although they did not laugh nearly as much as I did! Lots to talk about in this movie.
Adult Written bywallyk2334 December 12, 2009
Fun movie that the kids will love. It was not quite as enertaining as some of the other disney or pixar movies. There are some moment where it is a little scary, but nothing any worse than any other disney movie. Overall a good movie with good story and a happy ending.