All parent member reviews for The Princess Bride

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

The Best Family Fairy Tale Style Romance Adventure

Adult Written byyami0204 April 9, 2008

I

I remember first watching this when it came out on video. I fell in love instantly. A wonderful story of love! The fights scenes are a little intense, but the witty banter between sword strikes is classic! This movie is just beautiful! =D
Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

My favorite fun movie of all time

I love this movie. I saw it when I was in college and fell in love with it. I love that it is a basic good versus evil plot, I love that the characters are complex, I love the lack of foul language, I love the humor. I watched this with my four year old daughter. She was unimpressed. I don't think she got enough of it. We will watch it again (I own it on DVD!) Please, please read the book. You will not regret it!
Adult Written bysarah_from_yale April 9, 2008

Fantastic

This movie is great for the whole family - enough action and adventure for younger children, and plenty of witty dialogue for older viewers.
Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008
This is a really good movie that can be enjoyed by anyone. The violence is questionable because a main character is tortured to death, kinda... The characters are intriguing; swordsmen, 6-fingered man, the giant and the 'smart' dude. This is one of my favorite but not too good for kids under 10.
Adult Written bysassy007 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008
Adult Written byriegan April 9, 2008

a must see

for all the movies that are rated pg that should have a higher rating, this one should be the opposite. i think the only reason it is pg and not g is because there are a few moderately frightening scenes and lots of swordplay, but nothing that kids don't see on kids tv shows. the storyline is wonderful and my family has seen it probably around 50 times over the last 15 years. every time my son was home sick from school he wanted to watch it!
Parent Written bythatch42 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byIngrid922 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Fun, Witty Adventure!

Fun stuff here. No sex, just some kissing. The only language is one b**ch. Violence is mild and bloodless. Fun for everyone. Guaranteed to make you laugh!
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

A classic

A fantastic, warming film. The title presents it as a girly movie, but this is far from it. There is some great swordplay in it. I believe the only curse word in it is when Inigo is avenging his father's death (one of my favourite scenes from the movie, my favourite being when Inigo and the protagonist swordfight). There is blood in this movie; it would have been too much for me at a younger age, but with the things younger kids are exposed to now, it shouldn't be a problem. There are not many words to describe a movie like this. All I can say is simply fantastic.