All parent member reviews for The Princess Bride

Adult Written byriegan April 9, 2008

a must see

for all the movies that are rated pg that should have a higher rating, this one should be the opposite. i think the only reason it is pg and not g is because there are a few moderately frightening scenes and lots of swordplay, but nothing that kids don't see on kids tv shows. the storyline is wonderful and my family has seen it probably around 50 times over the last 15 years. every time my son was home sick from school he wanted to watch it!
Parent Written bythatch42 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byIngrid922 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Fun, Witty Adventure!

Fun stuff here. No sex, just some kissing. The only language is one b**ch. Violence is mild and bloodless. Fun for everyone. Guaranteed to make you laugh!
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

A classic

A fantastic, warming film. The title presents it as a girly movie, but this is far from it. There is some great swordplay in it. I believe the only curse word in it is when Inigo is avenging his father's death (one of my favourite scenes from the movie, my favourite being when Inigo and the protagonist swordfight). There is blood in this movie; it would have been too much for me at a younger age, but with the things younger kids are exposed to now, it shouldn't be a problem. There are not many words to describe a movie like this. All I can say is simply fantastic.