All member reviews for The Princess Bride

Teen, 15 years old Written byMissE1000 March 30, 2011

Inconceivable!

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare for one of THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatybugp April 16, 2011

Awesome movie for 10 and up!

I LOVE this movie, but the b-word and the blood from both Indigo and Wesley's wounds make it good for 10 and up. Every one should see it, but use your own judgement about when your child should see it.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2011

love it!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite movies!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

One of my absolute favorites

When I think of my all time favorite movies, this is always near the top of the list. Probably the best script ever written. Most of it will go over young children's heads, but the smart ones will love it.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2011

Good for Kids.

I thought this movie was really good. There is a lot of violence, killing and gruesome things. Other than that it is fine. One b-word.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2010

wow romance

i love this movie it's romantic,funny,and adventurous.i recommend this movie to people who have seen lots of romantic movies.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2011

A Swashbuckling Adventure for Kids

I originally thought this movie was going to be horrible, but my Dad then told me it was one of the best movies of all time. I then forced myself to sit through it, and to be honest, it was OK! The fight scenes were choreographed just right, and the dialogue was exceptional! It is truthfully a film worth seeing once, but it is up to you if you want to see it again.
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat November 18, 2011

Unfunny, overly silly fairy tale parody for people with a bad sense of humour.

Seriously, this is a horrible film, and having to watch it in English class was a nostalgia-destroying experience. It is not funny, it is annoying, and the actors all do a horrible job. The story is also unbelieveably sappy. If it is trying to be a funny parody of romance stories (the Mideaveal tales kind, not the Russian novel kind), then it is doing a horrible job. I suppose some people might find it somewhat amusing, but I personally find this film really bad.
Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2011

Amazing family movie, but i would watch it before your kids depending on how much violence they can take

Unless your kids get really scared during blood or scary animals, this movie is a perfect movie. My brother, sister, and i love to watch it on road trips. this movie is a hilarious classic that is easy to quote, fun to act out, and a great family movie (trust me... i've done all of those things-and yes, i do love "princess bride" THAT much)
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

A Great Movie!

The Princess Bride is a classic fairy tale that every single family should definitely see. There is some violence and one character says 'son of a b-tch' to another, but besides that it is appropriate for all families. Good for kids 9+
Kid, 9 years old September 9, 2013

One of the Greatest Movies on Earth

True love. Miracles. Chases. Escapes. Revenge. Adventure. The Princess Bride is a lot of things. And one of those things is great. Little kids might not handle the stuff that's in the movie. My name is bookiereviewer42.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAsh2o13 July 2, 2013

NAH

ITS NOT THE BEST MOVIE IVE SEEN
Teen, 13 years old Written byedshu33 August 18, 2011

The Princess Bride

Inigo says SOB twice, there's a little bit of violence. The kissing scenes are not raunchy. The drinking references are limited. Some of the good guys have questionable motives, but overall they are all definite heroes. The villains, such as Wally Shawn, are awful role models, but then again, they're not supposed to be good role models, they're villains. Only Christians would be offended at the part where the kid says "Jesus Christ", they don't have the right to inflict their definition of profane on everyone else. This film will open the doors of imagination for young children, and the simplicity of the story makes it easier to comprehend. Also, this film is an excellent production, a classic.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 22, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was FABULOUS!!! The best movie ever created!!!!! I adored it!!! Not only was it hilarious, it had a positive message too! Besides getting revenge. They rated correct- it deserves five stars. My favorite line is, "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!" And... "Think it'll work?" "It'd take a miracle." "Mawwwwwariage, mawwwwwwagriage is what brings us together today." I loved this movie! It was funny, I laughed (a lot) I cried, it moved me Bob. Ha ha! This movie was epic. Good luck trying to find a better movie than this! My favorite character is WESTLY!!! It's such a good movie!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysuperq4898 June 21, 2011

Depends on the Kid.

I loved this movie! There are some badish words.
Kid, 9 years old January 29, 2011

good for kids 9 and up

Yeah, I think language should be an issue because Inigo Montoya says "you son of a bi*ch". But overall, the movie was HILARIOUS and good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMacey08 November 18, 2010

Funny and adorable

I love this movie!! Old, but a classic. There is one scary scene with a torture machine and another with a giant rat. But the other violence is alright. This movie has some great lines and is sooo funny! My mum and uncle love to quote bits of this to each other. Nice story of true love and planning...
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2015

Way too scary

I will say -- I get scared easily by movies. But I think that this movie has too much violence. Bad people put a good man into a torture machine, the princess is planning to commit suicide, a man sticks a knife into another's stomach… This movie gave me nightmares for a while after I saw it. Not a bad movie, unless you're too young when you watch it, and then it's just awful.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 24, 2015

The Princess Bride

This movie is one of my favorites! Its not to violent and its great! Barely to little sex, a man makes a comment about a princess's breasts (will go over kids heads) the swearing is very mild! Jesus's name is misused once briefly... Son of a b!tch used once. I would say WITH PARENTS a six year old could watch it. Keep in mind its rated PG
Kid, 12 years old March 23, 2015