All member reviews for The Princess Bride

Witty, winsome fairy tale for the whole family.

Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 15, 2013

Love It

I watched this movie first when I was 11 and loved it. I saw it over and over again. It is really good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 10, 2013

A delight to watch!

"Princess Bride" was one of those movies I kept hearing about, and it seems you aren't a real movie buff unless you watch it. I can tell it's infinitely quotable to those who grew up watching it, but the enormous rats even scared me, so kids above 10 should have no problem seeing it. Very clever, especially with the hilarious Andre the Giant.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDominicboo1 June 9, 2013

Could it be better? Inconcievable!

The Princess Bride is an 80's classic for good reason...it's nearly perfect. Our protagnist is Buttercup a young woman who loves to torment her farm boy Westley...who only replies "As you wish" to her every command. Later she realizes he loves her, and she loves him too. When Westley is sent to war and killed by the Dread Pirate Roberts, Buttercup grieves. An evil prince takes advantage of this by choosing her for his bride. However she's kidnapped,and a villain named Vizzini attempts to murder her, but the Dread Pirate Roberts saves her. Buttercup is annoyed, because of what happened to Westley, but why does he seem so familiar?There is lots of sword fighting, and the scene in the fire swamp might be intense for the youngest viewers. A use of son of a b is used, and as Buttercup contemplates suicide Westely mentions her perfect breasts. The comedy in this movie, along with the action, the romance, and the fantays make it a big success. I particulary enjoy Billy Crystal as the wizard, Andre the Giant as Fezzik the giant, and Wallace Shawn as the evil Vizini.
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2013

What age should you be to watch it?

I thought it wasn't a very good movie but it had a good plot line. Although it would be a great movie for children, there was a couple of moments in the movie where there was some language and really spoiled the movie. Therefore I think that you should not be allowed to watch this if you are 7 or under and should think about the person if they are under 10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTash Worth May 3, 2013

A must-watch (:

Respect for the classics.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJennypenny123 April 12, 2013

I Loved this movie!

I absolutely loved this movie I recommend for anyone to watch it.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2013

My favorite movie!!!!!!!

This is my favorite movie! I love it because there is mostly harmless sword fighting, a giant, R.O.U.S.'s (rodents of unusual size), lots of humorous and quotable one liners.
Kid, 9 years old February 24, 2013

Good Movie!

I think this movie is very good but in the end there is some blood and violence,and there are some rodents of unusual size wich attack Wesley.
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2013

great movie

I love this movie and i think it is great for anyone of any age that are not to scared of giant rats.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy January 27, 2013

This is great.

Wow,I really love this movie.It is fun for the whole family,and also pretty action packed.This is SUCH an instant classic.
Adult Written byJEDI micah January 24, 2013

INCONCEIVABLE!!!

What a hilarious and action-packed fairy tale this is! Rarely is there a princess movie that I love! This is a fun family movie to watch!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilly_boy January 12, 2013

Follows really close to the book

As stated at the title. There are a few things I like better about the movie than the book is that you can actually hear what the priest sounds like. Don't mark this as inappropriate but he sounds like he's been kicked in the groan, I don't know what else to call that.
Kid, 7 years old November 8, 2012

Awesome but intense

I really like the princess bride. it's fun and adventurous. And I also like Westly and Buttercup. it's very funny to me. ALERT: caution this movie is awesome. Why I think you should only watch this movie if your 10 or over is because when I watch it I have to skip a few parts because I am not allowed to see them. But one time I saw a few parts that I can not see by accident.
Parent Written bythreenorns June 21, 2012

fun fact:

this movie is a non-negotiator for geek get-togethers. whenever there's D&D dice or a semi-assembled (but fully-functional) computer, you'll find a princess bride DVD (or, in my case, VHS).
Parent of a 7 year old Written byvinegarchick June 11, 2012

Waiting for the right age.

This has always been one of my favorite movies, and i watch it every time I'm sick. Previous reviewer is correct, wait until your child is the right age for this. There is nothing like watching your child enjoy a movie for the first time. Every time we rush to have her watch a movie she ends up not liking it. When we wait, she fully enjoys the movie. We'll be waiting one more year.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 6, 2012

princess bride

Families can talk about what makes for a really good adventure/love story. Is it sword fights? Scary creatures? Handsome leading men and ladies? How does this movie poke fun at some of the standard fairy tale elements? In the end, why didn't the sick boy mind the kissing scene as much as he thought he would?
Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2012

Yay! A family movie!

One use of "son of a b----" and sort-of "iffy" gore with some, but little, blood. Many fighting scenes and one scene were a character is drunk. Lot's of romance, really good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhistoryteen March 29, 2012

Awesome movie!

I personally hate romances. It's just a fact. But this movie doesn't count. It's hilarious (I love the old grandfather, played by Peter Falk from Columbo, and of course the old healer and his wife and the poisoning scene) and it has a cute storyline for those who like romance (or so I've been told). But you have to know your kid. Most of this movie would be awesome for kids about 8 and up, as long as they like princess stories, because they wouldn't get the humor. However, I'll be the first to admit that the ROUSs are scary. I'm fifteen and they freaked me out of my wits. And there are plenty of intense scenes that scared my younger siblings. There's also a teeny bit of inappropriate language but judge the severity of that for yourself. All in all, this is a REALLY FANTASTIC movie that should NOT be skipped just because of any stuff I put above. You are going to LOVE it, just know what you're going to see.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2012

Good movie, but some parts are inappropiate

This movie is really good, but I think parents should be aware that the B- word is used several times, and there is mention of Buttercup's buxom apperaence at the end of the movie. The Princess Bride is more suited for children 11 and older, and even then prefferably girls.
Adult Written byPhoebeana March 25, 2012

GREAT FAMILY FILM

I think this movie is Fantastical! The characters are all very well developed and you will be enchanted by them all. Some of the humor is a bit crude for younger children and one of the characters has a drinking problem, but other than that it's a great family film with good morals, good role models and a slab of educational value.