All member reviews for The Princess Bride

Witty, winsome fairy tale for the whole family.

Adult Written byPhoebeana March 25, 2012

GREAT FAMILY FILM

I think this movie is Fantastical! The characters are all very well developed and you will be enchanted by them all. Some of the humor is a bit crude for younger children and one of the characters has a drinking problem, but other than that it's a great family film with good morals, good role models and a slab of educational value.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydicapriofreak94 March 1, 2012

Amazing family movie for everyone

Honestly, how could anybody truly say anything BAD about this movie? I watched it when I was a little tiny kid, and I still watch it to this day. You never get tired of this movie; it has wit, romance, comedy, drama, action, humor, good acting. etc ALL OF IT! It has everything that a family movie could offer for. I love the relationships that everybody has with eachother in this movie, it's not overboard on the sappiness, and it just makes you happy whenever you watch this movie. For violence; there's barely any, except for mostly at the end there are a few stabbings, but truly it's nothing. Language; they say b**** once, but that's it. Sexuality; kissing, some small innuendos, nothing too much. If you have not watched it - GET TO IT! You won't regret it. Highly recommended to people of all ages who enjoy a whirlwind of plain fun! :)
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2012

awsome movie

ok so awsome movie mabe a little langwige like son of a b.if you know not to say it then its ok
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2012

tommy's family friendly review

there is a little bit of strong violence Gods name is used in vain twice and indigo montoya says "you son of a b..ch" surprised this "Christian website" did not notice it
Parent Written byJeffrey S February 5, 2012

Sweet, Classic Movie for Most Ages. Language/Plot Concerns for Younger Kids

One of my favorite movies of all time, and since I remembered it having only fanciful violence, we gave it a try. On viewing, our 6 year old got some of the jokes, but got a little lost because a lot of the plot is revealed in the rapid dialogue instead of on the screen (Why was the Pirate bad, but now good? Why was the Prince good, but now bad?). I don't think we ruined him for an older viewing, but this might be better for for a 8+ year old to keep up with the plot twists. The language at times is strong (including by young Fred Savage character). The torture scene and final sword battle also will require some parental guidance for younger viewers.
Kid, 10 years old January 26, 2012

barbie and the magic of pegasus

i think it was the best movie ever seen do you think it was brill
Teen, 13 years old Written byNovalita January 6, 2012

AAMMAAZZIINNGG!!!

It's an amazing movie and even though it skips over some parts in the book, it doesn't compromise the story line.
Parent Written byAMO10 October 17, 2011

It's a good movie

it is a great movie and the kids loved it
Adult Written byteenreviews(17yrs) October 16, 2011

At school, Why Do I hear so much that this was PG-13?

OK I know for a fact, this was rated PG and on TV, no higher than TV-PG/TV-PG-V and the only MILD issue is sexy stuff, like kissing and has great role models
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2011

This is my Favorite movie EVER!!!!!!!!!

I loved this movie so much. I would watch out for younger kids because there is some scary scenes that I don't even like to watch (death chamber etc.) and a bit of cussing but ever all the best movie EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBroadwayFan6 July 29, 2011

The Best Movie of All Time

It literally doesn't get better than this. A movie EVERY kid needs to watch! I spent my childhood re-enacting scenes from it with my friends on the playground. HELLO! MY NAME IS INIGO MONTOYA! YOU KILLED MY FAThER, PREPARE TO DIE!
Adult Written byRitaRoo2010 July 10, 2011

It is "inconceivable" that anyone could not like this film. ;)

Simply awesome. Fun for all ages.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2011

great for kids

I loved this movie. Great for all kids. Just a little violent.
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2011

pretty good

A little Scary for younger kids, but other than that, a nice classic film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byread-a-holic21 May 8, 2011

Great for all ages

It's GREAT. I loved the movie, I watched it when I was little. I still love it, I watch it with a lot of kids I babysit. they all love it. it's interesting, it's about love, mostly. Buttercup and Westley. What's even better though is the book!
Kid, 9 years old February 26, 2011

Some iffy content

I love this movie! It is a family favorite! My only concern is 1 torture scene, and various killing.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywiganopoly February 11, 2011

Perfect for everyone!

This movie is great! I grew up watching it and it has entertained me all the way. Great movie for the family.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 5, 2011

Wonderful for all ages, though not saccharine

In an interview, director Rob Reiner referred to this movie as "The Wizard of Oz of our generation." That's incredibly egotistical. And arguably an understatement. The wit, warmth and wisdom of this film is genius through-and-through. Every performance is perfect and every line a gem. It's not a kiddie movie, but young children can appreciate it as readily as adults. Not to say they won't be scared at some points, but that's real life. Like the grandfather in the movie says, it's got fighting, war, torture, danger, escapes, and true love. It's just like real life. Only much, much better.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Everyone has to see this movie.

There's some violence, but nothing to get worked up about. I simply love this movie. It's cute, and I watch it with my kids over and over. Good triumphs over evil, true love prevails, and everyone's happy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNory Ryan October 17, 2010