All member reviews for The Princess Bride

Witty, winsome fairy tale for the whole family.

Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2011

pretty good

A little Scary for younger kids, but other than that, a nice classic film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byread-a-holic21 May 8, 2011

Great for all ages

It's GREAT. I loved the movie, I watched it when I was little. I still love it, I watch it with a lot of kids I babysit. they all love it. it's interesting, it's about love, mostly. Buttercup and Westley. What's even better though is the book!
Kid, 9 years old February 26, 2011

Some iffy content

I love this movie! It is a family favorite! My only concern is 1 torture scene, and various killing.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywiganopoly February 11, 2011

Perfect for everyone!

This movie is great! I grew up watching it and it has entertained me all the way. Great movie for the family.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 5, 2011

Wonderful for all ages, though not saccharine

In an interview, director Rob Reiner referred to this movie as "The Wizard of Oz of our generation." That's incredibly egotistical. And arguably an understatement. The wit, warmth and wisdom of this film is genius through-and-through. Every performance is perfect and every line a gem. It's not a kiddie movie, but young children can appreciate it as readily as adults. Not to say they won't be scared at some points, but that's real life. Like the grandfather in the movie says, it's got fighting, war, torture, danger, escapes, and true love. It's just like real life. Only much, much better.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Everyone has to see this movie.

There's some violence, but nothing to get worked up about. I simply love this movie. It's cute, and I watch it with my kids over and over. Good triumphs over evil, true love prevails, and everyone's happy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNory Ryan October 17, 2010

princess bride

Love this movie and reccomend it for all kids 7+
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2010

Meh okay

I don't like it, but every girl in my school likes it (and I am a boy, so take it from me) so I have to say it's okay. Might scare babies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byotto555 July 23, 2010

i love it

omg i love dis mooooovie
Parent Written byadiokid July 18, 2010

God Parts

I really like the battle of wits. It has some drinking but not much. The wedding is also a good scene.
Kid, 12 years old July 11, 2010

Great Story and Plot

This is a GREAT movie. There are some frightening scenes, but there are good messages and role models. A Must-See!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytimmphy do June 29, 2010
i love this movie!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 2, 4, and 6 year old Written bytownba June 7, 2010

Great movie has some scary bits, a small amount of violence, and a quick “SOB”

Our precocious four-year-old daughter loves this movie and will beg to see it for days. And, since I love it too, I have no problem watching it with her. The only real note I have is about a very brief bit of questionable language. Right before one character stabs another with a sword, he says, “I want my [spoiler], you son of a b****!” A very moving part of the movie, and a quick mute/unmute can keep young ears from hearing (and later repeating) something like that.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byabbysmom1005 June 6, 2010

5 year old enjoyed, great for slightly older kids and up

One of my all time favorite movies. Watched it with my almost 5 year old last night. She loved it! She was a little confused at some parts and asked quite a few questions so she might still be a little young to fully appreciate this movie. But, she still had a good time watching it.
Kid, 8 years old March 6, 2010

It's awsome, dude!

It is a very good movie. It may have some violence and drinking. There is the b***h word at the end. It's bloody at the end. There are things that some kids won't understand.
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byparent_of_2g February 21, 2010

Great for family movie night.

This movie is a family favorite at our house. There are a few moments that might be a little scary for younger viewers so be careful if your kids are easily upset by that. The story is funny and heartwarming. Good triumphs over evil and love conquers the day, but not sappy, just funny.
Adult Written byBellatrix_Black January 27, 2010

Great movie!!!!!!!

This is DEFINITLEY my favorite movie of all time. I'm thirteen year old girl and I had a New Years party with mostly guy friends, and we watched it almost all night until they had to go... I fell off my sofa only about 100 times laughing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L January 1, 2010

One of my favorite movies ever-

I really don't have much to say about this movie except that I loved it. There is a little violence and one use of bad language, but none of it's really explicit so I say it should be fine for kids 10+. There is one torture scene, but it's not bloody or graphic at all--nothing above the PG rating. I definitely recommend this movie.
Adult Written byJETunnell December 31, 2009

Simple Comedy You'll Remember Forever!

I think this movie is great! I am a youth leader, and wanted to show it to the youth group at our "new years all nighter"! I believe it is a very funny, and entertaining movie and story. A must watch (at least once)!
Adult Written bysmoothmoves97 December 11, 2009

Very good movie and actors!

this movie is very good. the exclamation 'christ!,' 'oh God!', and 'Jesus!' are used once or twice (because of COURSE you can't have a movie these days without swearing... *rolls eyes* There is also a scene where the princess has a dream about a woman. The woman starts booing the princess, getting closer to the camera. the woman looks like a stereotypical witch, with warts, and angry eyebrows. I myself didn't really care about the ROUSes because i knew they weren't real. But they could scare little kids.