All member reviews for The Princess Bride

Witty, winsome fairy tale for the whole family.

Adult Written bym0nde April 9, 2008

Actually quite boring...

This movie is very over-hyped. I've seen it several times and never understood why it has such a cult-following. If you want to see something in a similar vein but with a much wittier and entertaining plot, take a look at Ella Enchanted.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008
I saw "Princess Bride" when I was about 12 and I've loved it ever since! This is a great movie, and the happy ending will please everyone. Even my friends and I will still watch it once in a while.
Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008
This is a really good movie that can be enjoyed by anyone. The violence is questionable because a main character is tortured to death, kinda... The characters are intriguing; swordsmen, 6-fingered man, the giant and the 'smart' dude. This is one of my favorite but not too good for kids under 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe girl with t... April 9, 2008

Classic and fun Family Movie

I love this movie! fine for the whole family, and an excellent way to spend a rainy day!
Adult Written bysassy007 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byMarimbus April 9, 2008

Witty adventure film with a comic twist

This movie is a classic as far as I'm concerned. I loved the book too.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRin April 9, 2008

I don't mean to pry...

...but you don't happen to have six fingers on your right hand? This is a very, very funny movie. you can't help not liking it. It tops any other adventure movie I've seen so far, (such as Pirates of the Carribean...don't get me started...) and although it's got some language and risque dialodge ("There's such a shortage of perfect bosoms in this world. 'Twod be a pity to damage yours.") it's not that bad. When the R.O.U.S. attacks, that is pretty intense, but anyone over age 10 should be able to handle it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byGhcool April 9, 2008
Adult Written byriegan April 9, 2008

a must see

for all the movies that are rated pg that should have a higher rating, this one should be the opposite. i think the only reason it is pg and not g is because there are a few moderately frightening scenes and lots of swordplay, but nothing that kids don't see on kids tv shows. the storyline is wonderful and my family has seen it probably around 50 times over the last 15 years. every time my son was home sick from school he wanted to watch it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byfox3 April 9, 2008

Its a good love story for teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

No more rhymes now, I mean it. Anybody want a Peanut?

That is what I think is the funniest line in this funny, funny, funny movie. This movie has something for everyone: fantasy, action, humor, and even flowers! (Yes, the protagonist is named after a flower). There is torture but it's not as graphic as it seems, and a lot of swashbuckling action. Also, Inigo says "You killed my father son of a b!tc#" but that's all. Watch this movie and see why fairytales can be funny.
Parent Written bythatch42 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byIngrid922 April 9, 2008

Watch The Movie, Read The Book!!!

I don't remember the first time I saw "The Princess Bride", but its been mine and my older brother's favorite movie forever. It's a grate movie with lots of: action, adventure, comedy, treachery, and romance. I watch this movie over and over agen. The movie stays prity close to the book, witch is one reason why it's so good. I recomend that you read the book it's rilly good.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Fun, Witty Adventure!

Fun stuff here. No sex, just some kissing. The only language is one b**ch. Violence is mild and bloodless. Fun for everyone. Guaranteed to make you laugh!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

I just have to say that the best part of the whole movie is when Buttercup jumps down the hill. It's too funny! It doesn't matter what age you are, it's a great movie and it doesn't get old.
Teen, 16 years old Written byzimm7 April 9, 2008

Litte violent, but not very. Cool movie. Must see.