All member reviews for The Princess Diaries

Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2010

I love this movie and so does my mom. It's HILARIOUS!
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2009

Girl Power

I love it!! This is a movie that really always leaves you with a good message. Although, I do think this would be better off rated PG, this movie really is pushing the G rating, I think there is a LOT of french kissing and teenage anst/flirting for a G movie. I don't think it's something I'd want a 3 year old to see.
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2009

Good for ages 6 and up.

This movie is awesome except there is a little bit too much mushy kissing and there is a part where people are trying to get a picture of Mia naked.
Kid, 7 years old November 18, 2011

Not for young kids

Teenage behaviors include negative role models treating peers poorly including (verbal) bullying throughout the film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBlueDragonMaster98 June 6, 2010

It's fun

It's fun, but that's about it. The sex-related thoughts mentioned in the comments are suffice.
Kid, 10 years old January 25, 2011

Movie for kids books for teens

Great movie! Okay for kids except the kissing.Books are a big no though.The books are for 11-12+
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE July 15, 2010

Nice movie, but the books are the best.

I haven't seen the movie in quite awhile, but I'm familiar with the books. This is a good movie to see if you don't plan on reading the books, but if you've read the books, you'll probably get upset with the little details. They changed characters like Lars and Boris, who were funny enough already, they removed characters like Tina. The characters Lilly and Michael seem to be more toned down in the movie than in the books. But 'toned down' would be an understatement for Grandmere. Grandmere is totally mean, and was even described as 'scary' in the books. But she's less so in the movie. They also cut a funny side plot from the book about Mia's mom and Mia's algebra teacher being in a relationship. They even killed off Mia's dad. The movie isn't bad at all, don't get me wrong, but you should definitely read the books first if you can.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2010

A film for Little Princesses

Princess Dairies is a Movie based being true to yourself and how important it is to honor your self. It is a lovely movie though there seems to be a bit more of kissing then there should be in aG-rated movie plus they tried to take a picture of Mia as she was naked but not too much problems. It is a wonderful movie made for all little princesses.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2010

Surprising rating!

I was surprised to see that this movie was rated G when I finished watching this movie. Actually there was a good amount of kissing which is usually in PG movies. But otherwise this movie was pretty good. I love the whole "Queen of England" theme! Very cool! I would say thought this movie would be best for about 9 year olds and some 8 year olds.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 June 12, 2009

Worth a look

Not a bad movie, but gets a bit too caught up in drama. Nevertheless, there are strong characters and good messages.
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2015

Funny kid friendly romantic comedy has some kisses

Mia French kisses the boy!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefanatic88 February 13, 2014

Great sleepover movie! - Classic

I have been watching this movie since 2008 when it came out! I have loved it ever since. I've watched it at a ton of sleepovers, and the series is really cute and will be a really fun chick-flick for girls. Totally appropriate, no sexual content except for a kiss at the end, but it isn't inappropriate or gross like some can be. Overall, great pick, one the kids are sure to love!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl100 December 30, 2013

Surprisingly good

As a 13yo, I thought I was a bit too old for this sort of thing. I couldn't have been more wrong. I watched this at a sleepover with some friends and couldn't wait to see the sequel
Teen, 15 years old Written bysh14 November 28, 2013

It a really good movie!!!

Well princess diary is a really good movie to watch for the kids up 7 or 8. and I'm sure that kids at that age are going to love it. it does have some kisses but if your a parent that doesn't really care about kiss or stuff then its okay. no offense!!!!
Kid, 8 years old August 27, 2013

stiil good

im 9 i still love this movie ;)
Teen, 13 years old Written byanmole August 2, 2013

good

Teen, 13 years old Written byNarwhalLover13 June 16, 2013

Two Thumbs Up

I thought it was really good because the princess started out like a nobody then got a makeover that turned her into a beautiful princess. Really awesome movie for girls!
Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2012

The Princess Diaries

This film sends out a great message that being perfect is an impossible goal to reach.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2012

Cute, but really?

This movie is one of my favorites, but is slightly suggestive, and should not be watched by children under age 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 February 10, 2012

GREAT MOVIE!!! A movie that is totally ok for families.

Such a good family movie! One of the only clean comedies of this age. Some kissing, but that's it. It is SO FUNNY!!!! You have to see it!