All teen and kid member reviews for The Proposal

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

check out my page for more great recomendations

The good stuff * Messages: Lessons about looking past the superficial. * Role models: Margaret treats employees poorly -- especially Andrew. She blackmailshim into marrying her, and he accepts. But as the movie goes forward,she realizes she can't do something so questionable. Andrew andMargaret both learn to look past each other's "covers" to unearth thereal person underneath. Andrew is a good role model as someone whodoesn't just use his family's money to live a life of entitlement butactually works hard for his accomplishments. What to watch out for * Violence: In one scene, Margaret, who can't swim, falls into a lake and has to tread water for a few desperate seconds. The big "naked fall" scene is played for laughs, but it had to hurt... * Sex: The main characters accidentally crash into each other while completely nude (lots of skin is glimpsed, but no uncovered sensitive body parts). In addition to that, there are a few kisses, scenes of a couple in bed, references to morning erections, and a comical sequence of a flabby exotic dancer's strip tease (he gets down to a male G-string and pumps his hips near a woman's face). * Language: Language includes "bi-ch," "a-s," "d--n," "s--t," "b--bs," "h--l," "oh my God," and "Jesus!" * Consumerism: Several brands featured, including Starbucks, Apple (Mac), Pringles, Pepsi, and Hostess. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Adults drink at a cocktail party and at a bar, where one character gets buzzed.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 15, 2012

Just OK.

Not for kids!
Kid, 10 years old September 25, 2015

toatally appropriette

I personally loved this movie. There are lots of curs words and rude words, but a young child wouldn't understand that. At first i was worried it would be inapropriette but it wasn't. There is one seen when are stars collide because one is getting out of shower and one in to the shower. Biut i still all around LOVE this movie!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byemkat97 April 3, 2011

I laughed so hard and long during this film!

Sandra Bullock is BACK. The plot in this movie is predictable by the end, but it's a clever concept. Every time Betty White popped up on the screen, I would squeal, "SHE'S SO ADORABLE!!" because this movie is such a great vehicle for her comedy skills. I laughed out loud several times and altogether, it was a cute, feel-good romantic comedy. I read somewhere that "The Proposal 2" is in the works, and after seeing the movie, I really hope it is!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysoccerchic December 24, 2009

christian review on : concerns of the sensual behavior

i did not at all appreciate the scene where they fell on top of each other naked ! it wasnt needed ! id say it is off for those under age 13 !
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 September 21, 2014

Delightful and hilarious

This hilarious romcom is perfect and funny for teens of all ages! Content: Violence: none Sex: sexual innuendo, a nude woman is shown falling on a man(she is shown briefly nude but noting graphic) , references occur, a stripper performs a sexual and crude dance Language: s**t, b***h, crap, hell, damn, and the like My rating: PG-13/ for crude/sexual content and language
Teen, 16 years old Written byKyle Winters May 29, 2014

One of my guilty pleasures.

The problem with "The Proposal" is on its story and plot. It's just plain predictable. You can figure out how the movie is gonna end right in the first minutes. However, the entire cast (Sandra in particular) helps to overcome its story and makes it a likeable film. I thought Sandra's performance was amazing. Also, the supporting characters are incredible! Especially Grandma Annie and Ramone. There are scenes that are undeniably funny, like the coffee dialogue, when Bob gets fired, the scene with the eagle, the one with Ramone and obviously, the nude scene. If you're looking for a film that might just be an entertainment, I call for The Proposal. It really has a weak story but the cast makes you forget about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylucyandcleo March 6, 2013

Good

Haha! I like this comedy movie! This is not for kids.. it shows naked woman and man bumped each other on the side. There are kissing... but very funny!
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCandy August 7, 2012

LOVED IT

i watched this and laughed soo hard and just loved the movie the only thing wz i wz watching it with my boy cuzzin who is as old as me and in the scene where they fall accidentally on each other naked was too awkward! but overall a rlly good romance/COMEDY!
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2012

The proposal

The movie is greatandvery interesting. I enjoyed it however the crash though unnessacary showed no sensitive body parts so younger children probably wouldn't even understand it. Overall a brilliant movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2012

Hilarious

WOW! This movie is awesome! There is a bit of nudity but nothing sensitive is shown. The woods scene with the grandmother is hilarious and it was super funny. I liked the movie any mature 12 year old would love this movie!
Kid, 6 years old May 25, 2012

The Proposal Movie Review

This is a great and funny movie. It made me laugh all the way through it, even at sad parts because they made it seem awkwardly funny. It had great characters and a very good story line. Might be inappropriate for some viewers though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBridesmaid123 March 1, 2012

LOVED IT!

I am a HUGE fan of Sandra Bullock and absolutely loved this movie! It was really funny and quite touching at parts when she realizes how she is hurting people with her fake marriage. Even if kids dont understand it, it doesn't matter, what they dont know cant hurt them. So cute I LOVED it! And Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock make a REALLY cute couple!
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2011

Totally Amazing

The actors were amazing! A cute plot plus loveable characters plus humor equals 5 stars! betty white is so cute. It has a few sexual scenes, but nothing too mature. Some language, but nothing your 12 year old hasn't heard before. If you want a rom com, this one's your best bet!
Teen, 14 years old Written byAuboisAcadiaStudios September 5, 2011

just another love story, but it's good

i watched it with my mom,dad and 10 year old sister. The girls liked it, but my dad said it was just another love story: boy meets girl, they're different, but after some adventure they found out they are perfect for each other. anyways, i think it's nice, don't remember if there's drinking in there though
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 August 28, 2011

Laugh! Laugh! Laugh!

This is such a great comedy with Sandra Bullock. Its just comedy, comedy, romance, and comedy. There is a scene where they accidently run into eachother naked, and Sandra sings a song thats kinda innaprpriate. But this is a great movie. Much to laugh at.
Teen, 16 years old Written byArabianHorses August 27, 2011

Love it! Great job Sandra!

I love love love Sandra and I think this movie is very sweet and vary funny, I've watched a billion times and I always crack-up. Great movie!
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2011

Great for teens

I really enyoied this comedy. I really liked evan though Im a boy. its really funny but for teens only.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieWizard July 7, 2011

This is a cute movie.

I don't really think there's too much to worry about. most children around ages 12 and up shouldn't have any issues with this movie. Nothing that makes it not worth watching.
Kid, 10 years old May 6, 2011

great for teens

I thought it was horrible. Waste of your time.