All member reviews for The Purge: Anarchy

Stronger characters but weaker ideas in violent sequel.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byluvmykids100 July 27, 2014

Solid Movie

I took my 13 year old son to see this with some of his friends. They are all horror movie fanatics! They loved this movie, because it went more in depth to the issues causing the government to have the purge. It wasn't all about the violence of the purge unlike the last one. Though there was too much violence for my liking, the children loved it. The language was not as frequent as the first, nothing too offensive and nothing used too frequently. If you think your daughter/son can handle a more mature movie then this movie shouldn't worry you too much. Very suspenseful too, it's a good movie if your child can handle that!
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 July 18, 2014

Pretty good movie

This movie has a lot more going on than the first one, and everything comes together quite well. It's suspenseful, dark, and a pretty well written/ well made movie. The violence is graphic and there is a scene with attempted but interrupted rape. Overall this was a good film.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycomegetsomeladies July 27, 2014

good movie

I saw this movie with some of my friends and we all thought that it was better than the first one but this movie definitely shouldnt be rated r. ya there's some violence but like if your kid can handle a little bit of violence and they like a thriller then this is the movie to see. I thought that it would be scarier but it really wasn't scary. also there isn't as much profanity as the last movie. only a few curse words in this movie that are like really bad to say. like balls isn't really profanity. so ya
Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 4, 2014

16 and up.

this thriller movie The Purge: Anarchy is an average movie with a lot of violence and more this thriller movie is only for mature audiences and parents you need to know that The Purge: Anarchy has a lot of intense bloody violence there's strong language used and some drinking used.
Teen, 13 years old Written by2jayz November 27, 2014

Different type of horror

This movie is pretty good because it's different. There wasn't really sex except for one scene where a man threatens to rape a woman. There is about 40 f-words and uses of other words, nothing that a teen has never heard in Middle School. The violence is the worst part. People are shot, stabbed, beaten, and threatened. There is spurting blood.
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2014

not as much violence as you might think

this movie is probably in my top 5 movies of all time. it isn't as scary as it is creepy though with only a couple of heart stopping scares. it does have one or two F*** words but other than that not much more swears. there is no gore but you do see bullets going though people sometimes. the scariest thing is the purgers though. they are the people in the masks that say GOD. their characters are geared toward being just insanely creepy. but that is not a bad thing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHBayazeed August 10, 2014

Purge your soul from the first movie.

The Purge: Anarchy is a much more disturbing stand alone film, also a much improved sequel that offers more interesting ideas and a spark of war in it. Skip the first purge and live the sixth one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohn.Hanson3 July 27, 2014

Much better than first!

The first purge film was a glorified slasher movie. This one plays on the idea of the purge, not just blood and gore. The swearing is mild and much less than the first. Overall very good movie.
Adult Written byniall_oreo January 3, 2015
Teen, 15 years old Written bydiadems August 15, 2014

It was less scarier than I thought o.o

I watched this with my 8 year old sister and she didn't get scared at all ^-^
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoey1356 August 5, 2014

Loved it!

I loved the movie, but no kid should watch this. Its too gory. A lot better than the first one though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySophsc13 July 29, 2014

Same Plot, Weaker Then The First

With director James DeMonaco back for the second round, you know it will be centered around the same idea but with more gore. This movie is centered for teens, i know because all of the adults in the theater left with conversations about how it wasn't worth it. The movie centers around a nearly divorced couple, a mother and daughter, and a man who all end up together on the Purge. Many people are beaten, shot, stabbed, and more blood then the first. There is a few more f-, b-, and s- added to this sequel, overall this movie is a gory sequel and is centered towards teens.
Parent Written bysofiav January 10, 2015

the good purge

I think it is not approoriate for kids under 17 because of the fighting and language, but my kids are 14 and 12, they are bother me to get the movie I said no because there is to much fighting and very strong language, such as f**k and sh*t and bitch and that is why I am not going to let me kids see it. there is a little sex. more like rape. and drugs and drinking, and weapons, such as guns and so and so.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy October 26, 2014

Anarchy Review

After watching the first Purge, I was disappointed because of how good it looked, but yet it didn't turn out very good. After hearing about this new Purge, I was interested but at first thought it was gonna be one of those sequels that gets worse ratings than the first. I was wrong. This one is for sure an improvement. That being said, this one ultimately is more violent and racks up to a high body count for this type of movie. Unlike the first, this one relies more heavily on military-like violence, with guns, instead of knives like the first. Their is blood and parts are disturbing but it is not really a horror movie. The first was scarier, ill give it that, but this one has more likeable and stronger characters and a much better story. The language is pretty bad, f-bombs and other strong language being used frequently often in disturbing situations. Their is one scene where a woman almost gets raped, her face is licked. The ending is a bit surprising. Heres my advice, give it a chance. If you watched the first you may shy away from this one because of how hollow the first was, but this one is a lot richer in story, characters and action. 16+
Written byAnonymous October 12, 2014

Very dark scary movie deserves its horror

My rating:R for bloody violence,language and terror
Adult Written bydarthsitkur February 3, 2015

an awesome horror/action film

I never saw the first one but I bought this one off of iTunes in HD and i loved it, this is a great horror film with nonstop action and anarchy that keeps you on the edge of your seat
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeahImaBrony164 July 13, 2016

not a really bad movie

this movie is way better than common sense makes it looks. It's really just fine for the little ones. The thing is, it's just like call of duty from a horror prospective it's also a fun movie to watch altogether.
Teen, 14 years old Written byYaseenP07 July 10, 2016

Miles ahead of the first

Very Violent and gory. There is 1, maybe 2 jumps cares and the masks that the antigonists were may frighten Viewers.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAarondill July 8, 2016

This movie was interesting and better thandle the first

This movie has a lot of intese chases and very violent sences this movie deals with being out on purge whicheck is what we wanted but they really had to make it violent and the movie overall was ok
Teen, 13 years old Written byreveal July 4, 2016