All member reviews for The Reaping

Violent thriller has dark religious themes.

Parent Written byPlague January 8, 2010

The Reaping

Good movie. I wouldnt give it 5 stars, but it kept the tension high and the horror coming.
Adult Written byDexterSmith April 9, 2008

Violent, scary movie is only suitable for mature teens and adults

My 11-year-old child was so scared of this movie, that he ran out of the theatre in tears. It is very violent and scary. No one under the age of 16 should see this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymistermeaner77 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymicel02 April 9, 2008

tv needs cleaning up trash is filling the airwaves
Adult Written bymovie master February 22, 2011

i think everything in the movie was great
Teen, 15 years old Written byVivian_L August 4, 2009

Not extremely scary for older teens~

This is another horror movie I saw after 12 midnight, and that might have affected how scary it was. (meaning I might have been too tired to think it was scary) I actually remember laughing when it started raining frogs. :3 I've definitely seen better and scarier horror movies, but I don't doubt many people found it scary. (I saw this when I was 13 I think)

Reaping is a decent horror movie, but it should be PG-13...

Why the MPAA made this R is beyond me... it's the basic teen horror, yet better. Hilary Swank is (as usual) fantastic, and this movie really makes you think (as crazy as that sounds.) Go see this movie if you're a middle schooler and up and enjoy like I did!

Not too shabby!

"The Reaping" was very biblical, violent, scary, and kinda iffy when it came to sexual stuff. It wasn't too bad, as long as you can stand to see a little girl (Annasophia Robb) be totured and alienated throughout the film, see horrific images of the main character's (Hilary Swank) trip as a missionary to Sudan, see quick rape-ish scenes, and see other violent, scary images through the entire movie. I liked it, even though I hid my eyes alot. And the ending was GREAT.
Adult Written bythecaliforniabug April 9, 2008

Not that bad, I say

A lot of critics probably think this movie sucks, but I thought it was one of Swank's more memorable performances. The story was actually quite good, if you look at it closely enough. Our heroine has to look deep inside to find the strength to do this kind of battle. I will admit, it runs just a little bit long but other than that, it was pretty easy to look at for the most part.
Adult Written bybaybiee06 April 9, 2008

Ver y Intresting::)

This was a really great movie. It`s the kind of movie you haft to be patient and wait for things to fall into place. It`s totally worth it though.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

not a bad horror film

It had a few jumpy moments and a few screams. It wasn't a bad movie overall. I heard the f-word once, and I thought the "rape" scene was just a sex scene- I couldn't tell she was being raped!! It looked like she was enjoying it. Weird....

good

i liked this kovie. the end was a little confusin but whatever.