All member reviews for The Rescuers

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 21, 2011

i watched this when i was about 4 an i didnt scare me at all. i loved it. i thought it was great.
Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2010

Good movie

Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2014

A great Disney classic. Funny and heartwarming. May be scary for young ones.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 31, 2013

Charmingly dated!

There's nothing new about "The Rescuers," another Disney take on good beating evil, but the characters in here are very memorable in such a short amount of time, and it's lead by two fine voice performances by Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor. The animation indeed looks like it's from the 70s, but that only adds to this little gem's appeal.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHappy Bookworm April 20, 2013

Great Movie, but Know the Kid

This is a great movie, don't get me wrong. I love this movie. I recently watched this with my 8 year old brother, who is scared of everything (he was even afraid of Mater in Cars), but he surprisingly loved it. It's adorable, a story of two very different mice on a mission to rescue a little girl. Some things in the movie I really think you have to know things about the kid watching. For example, my brother loved it, and wasn't scared by Medusa (he said she looked silly), but my friend's sister, who is also 8, was really scared of the movie because Penny almost drowns and her teddy bear is taken away from her. Neither of them had questions about Penny's parents (I guess by 8 years you get to know more than what's credited). Areas of possible concern would be: Violence- Penny almost drowns, two crocodiles carry her by the pants in their mouths, which may be disturbing, when Orville the Albatross is taking off (down a runway like an airplane), it looks as if the group will plummet into the streets below, but he pulls up at the last second. Medusa is cruel to Penny. The diamond Penny was sent to look for ends up in a human skull, a skeleton is spotted when Penny and the mice go down the mine shaft. Language- Medusa calls Penny a variety of mean names, but nothing too bad. Alcohol Use- One of the local rodents at Devil's Bayou drinks some sort of alcoholic beverage (most will assume- there's no actual clarification, who knows, it could just be coffee) out of a jug and gives it to Bernard and Evinrude, who both cough and all of a sudden have lots of energy (their eyes flash strange colors for a few seconds as well).
Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2013

wonderful classic

i think it is a realy good movie because it has a morel behind it.althought there is a villan in it she is not scary but does say some bad words
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

Good but Dark

A really entertaining Disney film that is fun for the whole family. A little dark for really small viewers.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 January 3, 2012

Really good, but not for the youngest viewers

I've seen this on TV and it's a really good movie, but is too scary for the youngest kids. It has some mildly scary/violent/ moments and a few sad moments that might upset kids younger than at least 6 or 7. But it's still a good movie and it has positive messages about helping others, the importance of teamwork, and that you are special in your own way. Violence: Medusa is shown treating Penny really badly, but there's very little physical harm done. Some mild peril, like when Penny, Bernard, and Bianca almost drown. Medusa is shown attempting to shot Penny and animals, and her pet alligators tear at people's clothing. But there's no blood or gore shown, and nobody gets hurt. Sex: There's an scene where, in a brief instance, a naked woman is shown in a store window, but most kids won't notice this. Drinking: A mouse is shown drinking from a jug, and giving anyone who's low on energy a drink, but it isn't revealed to be any type of drug.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 4, 2010

This is acually a good disney movie

This is a great classic for me. I love it. It may be underrated by some, but it is unforgettable. It has intense sequences of action(no blood). I'm scared of the controversery. I like it. I highly recommeded it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights May 15, 2010

I like it, it was cute! Poor Penny's been threw a lot. And I like that cute little mouse society to save people. I'd be conserned about the crocidiles, gunshots, and the skull.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 10, 2009

The best Disney animated movie made in the post-Walt years, and it might not be coincidental that this is also the first movie where the new generation of animators had a strong say in it.