All member reviews for The Rock

An explosive, violent, mile-a-minute actioner.

Adult Written byMi3 February 7, 2011

NOT FOR ANYONE UNDER 14

Kid, 7 years old April 24, 2011

i'm 8 and I can watch it. its violent and has profanity but i don't think its that bad! Its my fav movie
Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2010

Good 4 tweens

I am 12, and I could handle this movie. But taking you small children to see this movie is going to be the worst mistake you will ever make! WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much violence and language!
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2010

Very good movie! The f bomb is said constantly throught the movie. One man is impaled by a knife and another falls on a spike.
Adult Written bysarge123 February 5, 2015
Parent Written byPredatorman April 24, 2014

Really OUTSTANDING

This was a great movie it has a great cast, great score, great plot, story everything this was definitely one of my favorite movies.As far as appropriate wise just the reason it's rated R is for "Strong Violence, Language, And A Sex Scene"
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie aficionado April 5, 2014

Great early Michael Bay movie!!!!!!

MESSAGES: None ROLE MODELS: None VIOLENCE: Although there isn't a lot of violence, the action scenes lasts pretty long and some of them are very bloody. Parental discretion advised. SEX: One graphic sex scene that might discust your kids LANGUAGE: A LOT OF BAD LANGUAGE CONSUMERISM: Ferrari and Alcatraz tours mostly DRINKING: None DRUGS: None SMOKING: None
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 July 7, 2013

top-notch action and humor from one of the greatest directors

one of Michael Bay's earlier flicks, this tense romp through Alcatraz to stop a madman from launching missiles is firing on all cylinders. the buddy cop-like banter between Connery and Cage is perfect, the villains are super evil, and the action is high flying in nearly every scene. we are treated to shootings, explosions, stabbings, an impaling, a man getting crushed, gross chemical burn images, a car chase with massive destruction, a man bring set on fire, and brief spurts of blood. given the R rating, the F bombs fly and insults are abundant. but not even that can stop a timeless quote like "How in the name of Zeus's butthole did you get out of your cell?!". this is a great film for action cravings teens.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

Pretty good.

Its good butone of the movies. Still you should see it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJustjr92 April 9, 2008

Lots of Fun

This movie has become one of my all time favorites!! An absolute must see!!!