Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Ron Clark Story

Teacher's true story is uplifting but predicable.

Adult Written byMissLicia September 21, 2009

Good Example of Good Teacher

I thought the movie had very positive messages. The lessons Mr. Clark taught the children; for example, "to dream big", really motivated the viewers as well. Mr. Clarks energy and devotion really produce a wondrous outcome. He changed the students’ lives for the better, he gives them a desire to continue learning.

Adult Written bykodiak11 January 6, 2014

Worth watching

Some language, but there is a positive message and positive role models.

Parent Written bylove4holiness March 2, 2017

Excellent! Teaches the values of RESPECT, HARD WORK, MATURITY, and SELF-WORTH!

This movie is perfect for 5th grade and up, in my opinion. It's topic is an inner-city class with a naive but determined teacher. Mr. Clark is played by "Chandler" on Friends, so the kids will recognize him. There are some mild curse words (no F-bombs or anything like that and certainly they are words all kids ages 10 and up have heard before in a public setting even if they are sheltered from bad language at home), but in my opinion they are necessary to show the difficulty of the situation Mr. Clark is in and to accurately portray a troubled inner city classroom accurately and to show the profound DIFFERENCE Mr. Clark makes with these troubled students. The mild cursing is outweighed by the tremendous MESSAGE of this movie - that of one's ability to CHANGE, develop SELF-WORTH, MATURITY, and academic development and achievement. This movie is a great motivator to use in the classroom with kids who struggle with the "I don't care" attitude. This movie is highly recommended for upper elementary through middle school. EXCELLENT example of explaining the importance of RESPECT for adults and self coupled with the importance of HARD WORK. Overall, terrific film which provides so many opportunities for discussion with your own kids or with a classroom of kids. Great to watch during school standardized testing time as this is a major focus in the film as well.