All member reviews for The Rookie

Sweet, engaging true story more appealing to tweens and up.

Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i laughed

THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE FOR KIDS TO SEE. AT HOME.
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byYoung Parent October 11, 2011

For young parents.

It was a good inspiring movie. I recomend this movie for young parents to watch with their child(ren). It teaches them the importance of following your dream and stay close with family. Both in your heart and in person.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy August 12, 2011

Good for 6+

This movie is inspiring and full of positive messages that are sure to leave a good imprint on your kids' brains. However, do note: there is one brief use of d-mn ("they thought the d*mn radar gun broke!"). In a celebration scene in the locker room, a boy pelvic thrusts a few times before the camera cuts away to other celebrating boys (very brief). In the stands, a few fans make very brief suggestive dance moves. Husband and wife passionately kiss for about five seconds. Wine and beer is shown being consumed. There is some product placement; for example, a father has a long discussion with his kids at breakfast about Captain Crunch. Otherwise, nothing else! Great movie, and I recommend it for 6+ If you like this review, please say so below! Visit commonsensemedia.org/user/moviereviewguy for more of my great, complete reviews!
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus February 20, 2013

Really good!

This is a great movie for older kids. Some drinking, a few minor sexual things (a female teacher grabs another male teachers "behind" and a couple is shown laying in bed together), also I may have heard "d-mn" once - not really sure. Great role models and messages.
Adult Written byMissBella June 14, 2011

Good movie BUT......

I was pretty disappointed in this movie, because it is rated G, but it should be rated PG! In one seen his wife grabs his butt briefly, and in another scene they are in bed and she has no top on, but you can't see anything.. Also, language was an issue: D, H, and OMG...I just wish that they would have kept all that stuff out of there because it was a really really good movie otherwise...
Kid, 9 years old March 31, 2011

The worst movie

In one scene a person grunted and almost said the F word thats why it should be PG for 'An almost F word'
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2010

I mean my teachers showed it at my school.
Kid, 8 years old May 6, 2010

Cool movie

The rookie is a very very very cool base ball movie. You should see it sometime.
Adult Written byJustinInTown November 22, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byCharizard632 October 9, 2009

Good movie, but some bad stuff.

I watched it in school; it was long and inspiring. It teaches older kids and teens about being trustworthy and being responsible. I noticed some ads, wine & beer, and some bad language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Another great sports movie

The Rookie is another one of the great sports movies.It has a great story and since I love baseball I think its a great movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

A great sports movie!

This is one of those movies that is just hard to resist!