Field of Dreams for tweens.

Adult Written byJediQueen April 9, 2008

Good but very strong for a PG.

CMS got it wrong this movie uses the S word 3 times and its only rated 8+. I think its more questionable the the sequel gut its still a classic. Not for young kids though.
Parent Written bymaidmarian4 August 15, 2010
The story line, geared towards elementary aged children, is nostalgic and fresh. You'll love the cute story line. However, the "fluff" in between is horrible in some spots. I hate the sexualization of the life guard. Women should be respected, not "oogled" like objects. Also, there is a part where the young boys are chewing tobacco. While the choice is shown as a bad one in the movie, I still don't want my own kids to think about doing the same thing because of a movie. I also don't let my kids use language beyond an occasional "shut up," so most of the language is not appropriate for my own children.
Adult Written byjumpinbini April 9, 2008
This is one of the BEST kids movies ever made. I absolutely love this movie. It's about being a kid and the things that they go through in grade school. Being the new kid on the block. making new friends, defending your friends, experiencing new things together, and then reminiscing about your childhood friends when you grow up. Even if you're not a baseball fan it's still something that kids can relate to and will be entertained by. If you haven't seen it, what have you been waiting for?!
Adult Written byculgray April 9, 2008

Foul Language

I picked this movie for my two boys and was surprised at the language used. I personally do not think the "S word" is appropriate for a PG movie or for 8 year olds. I'm not sure I trust the reviews of Common Sense Media.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... November 11, 2010

very good movie

only cigars i saw babe ruth smoking and languages likes sh-t bitchin crapface hell
Kid, 8 years old December 18, 2010

Excellant

I think that this is a great movie but there is some laungage but its not a real problem, I like the part when they try to get the ball from the beast and the part when one of them busted the guts out of a ball, maybe for other families it would be older kids but not our family its good for me, I like it alot.
Teen, 17 years old Written byidkwhat November 19, 2010

good

this movie is made in 1993 not 2002 squints was kissing a lifeguard
Parent of a 10 and 16 year old Written bySylvie66 December 8, 2010

Okay for older teens with more discernment

It wasn't the sexualization of the lifeguard that bothered us - it was the sexualization of the 10 - 13yo boys.... Watch that scene, reverse the genders. Still okay? I didn't think so either. The rest of the movie would have been a good choice for a one-time family movie.
Kid, 8 years old April 24, 2011

good forkids 9+

I saw it with my parents when i was 7.I liked it. my parents didn't.they said it had REALLY bad laguage.I have to say,they said sh*t,cra*and others. they also had sexy stuff when the boys flirt with teenage girls. if your kid is afriad of dogs don't see this move.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

Pointing to PG-13

This should be PG-13 for sure. The cussing, the sexual stuff, the drugs, the vomit scene, it's all factors that point to PG-13.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjoannab July 11, 2010
Some kids are great role models, some not so much.
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2011

Bad Review, Good Movie

Okay, the teenage-girl oggling thing wasn't really a big deal. The review didn't mention the boys use chewing tobacco then throw up!! I mean, that was the worst part! Really?
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2011

perfect for children 7 and old

for children for 7 it has a little language but we just watched it in school my teacher squirmed when squints kissed the lifeguard
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

i donno..

i just like it cuz benny is super good looking
Parent of a 7 and 7 year old Written byEKEM2727 October 25, 2010

Good messages, but need to prepare them for inappropriate language.

I wasn't happy to hear the swearing, "reject" and a few other words in it.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2011

OMG!

This pretty funny when Benny says ''Oh,****'' and then the Beast says ''Oh,****''!
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2011

The Sandlot

This movie is really good but it has a lot of bad words. PG- For some peril, language, a scence of tobacco use, a scence of smoking, and some rude humor.
Adult Written bychicubsown2 May 2, 2011

Great Family Film!

I have been watching this movie for years and I will never stop but the only negative comment I would say about it is the scene where they are at the carnival and they are all have chewing tobacco in their mouth
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2010

Great, but a little iffy

This movie is great, but somewhat iffy. The main message is good, but the mild profanity may get in the way. There are a few "Questionable" scenes, but not nuch more. Very-well done, if you ask me.
Adult Written byteacher13 May 28, 2009

Classic Movie

I have showed this movie for 20 minutes each day to my middle school students in homeroom. Many have the students have not seen the movie before and they really come in each day excited to watch! They can relate to the characters and are mature enough to not get too giddy at the boy/girl stuff. I was very disappointed at the slight profanity in the movie- (sh** and cr**) because it is rated PG!! Sandlot could be just as much of a classic WITHOUT the language!