All member reviews for The Santa Clause

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byCLTMom December 20, 2010

Not for Santa believers

Please don't watch it if your kids still believe in Santa. My 7 year old got very upset because they were way too many people who kept saying Santa wasn't real, and it made her question her beliefs. We had to have many follow-up conversations afterwards about whether or not Santa is real. Be careful! But great if your child is over 10.
Adult Written bylizen April 9, 2008

Very sweet movie

Good movie and nice relationahip between the father and son. I like that no one is portrayed as stupid or evil. Do think carefully if your child is still a believer.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2009
Kid, 12 years old November 11, 2009

full of chrismas fun.

The story is full of chrismas fun. I recomend watching on chrismas eve with some chrismas cookies (if you have kids watch it with them to. There sure to love it!)
Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2014

I like it but the new santa guy sometimes shows a bad influence (at the start of the movie)
Adult Written bymimijunebug February 2, 2014

best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!! Watch this movie!! Best movie ever!!!!!! this movie tells you to believe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 14 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... December 21, 2013

good movie.

a good movie although the movie proves there is no Santa so ya might have to be careful if your kid watches this movie.
Parent Written bySam Donder December 15, 2013

Heartwarming story, is funny and sweet

The Santa Clause is a great movie about Santa. There is some talk about divorce and child custody and powerful guns are pointed at people but not fired. Also seeing Santa fall off a roof and talk that some people don't believe in Santa might be too much for little little kids. The best part about this movie is, the messages about the importance of believing in something. Also Tim Allen's jokes will be enjoyed by both parents and kids.
Parent Written bysteph09877 September 30, 2013

THE SANTA CLAUSE

IT,S A GOOD MOVIE:)AND I HOPE NETFLIX WILL HAVE THIS ON INSTANT SOON,:)
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byent_mom November 23, 2011

A 7-year old's review

This is an awesome Christmas movie! But there are police and jail and stuff. Everything turns out fine. There's lots of elves, toys and Santa-like stuff in this movie. It's not scary, but younger ones may be scared of the jail and stuff [it's not harsh]. It's a really fun movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011

First and third were the best too me

Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion December 1, 2009

Great Holiday Fun!

THE SANTA CLAUSE is whimsical, comical, and over-the-top. It is cheerful, original, implausible, and gently touching. For a full dose of holiday cheer, look no further. The film is suitable for most families. Parents should know that the film tackles some mature issues like divorce and child custody. However, there is nothing inapropriate about it. Several adults talk about how they don't believe in Santa, but in the end the big man's existance is confirmed.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

A great Christmas movie!

Santa Clause was an outstanding movie. Very funny, and wonderfully believable. This might be one of the best modern Christmas movies. It is DEFINITELY worth watching! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written bycyberboy5red January 15, 2015

Sorry for not writing this review BEFORE Christmas, I was busy

I like the relationship the father and the son have, and the movie did make me laugh a few times. The only reason I gave it 2 stars is because to be honest, I was just expecting more action from it. Overall, good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews July 14, 2014

One Big Snoozefest

I'm probably on my own with this one, but I just couldn't get into this movie. This was yet another movie I was forced to watch in class to celebrate the upcoming holiday season and I almost fell asleep. Maybe it has got to do with the fact that my family was never really a fan of Santa and just watching an obnoxious kid convincing everyone that Santa is real just didn't buy my ticket. Also, the way that Scott slowly transformed was slightly disturbing- having him grow old and fat that quickly.... it's strangely arousing. Go ahead if you want if you really want to see this but for the families that don't really like Santa in general or anyone over 11... make sure you bring something soft to sleep on. ON: 6+ IFFY: 4-5 (Beware the Santa spoilers though) OFF: 0-3
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2013

Very good quality

This is a lovely, feel-good movie for all the family, my only query is, is it suitable for Santa believers? Apart from that, it is a great film, touching and heartwarming, with some very funny scenes!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySadieDaisy138 December 2, 2013

Great Movie for the Whole Family!

This is a really good family for the whole family. It encourages Santa to kids and gets them excited about Christmas. There is very slight violence when Santa falls off of the roof and when you see policemen with guns. Only very young children would be slightly frightened. Overall, it's a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIvoryNeptune December 21, 2012

Family Movie

This is a very cute family movie. Kids under the age of three may not be able to sit through the whole movie. The only warning I have is that the topic of divorce is often brought up.
Adult Written bywonder dove November 5, 2012

One of the best holiday films ever!

Perfect film for the Holidays! This is one of my favorite movies to watch throughout December (besides Home Alone). It's family themed, so it's perfect for any family to watch together on a cold winter's day/night or just whenever :) I love Tim Allen, always have. He is so lovable and funny, his role as Santa was amazing. The movie is fun and heartfelt. It will definitely put anyone in the Christmas mood! It deals with divorce and a small child having to switch living places with both his mom and dad, the film implies that Santa doesn't exist several times (so if your little one is sensitive, pass on this movie because they might become upset.) There is some minor arguing. Violence isn't much, just a fall off a roof and some guns shown during an arrest. No bad language. Any jokes would definitely be overseen by younger viewers. GREAT classic holiday fun, a must see!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byOGORMAN May 6, 2012

Settle down with some candy canes and hot cocoa. This one is a keeper!

I love the Santa Clause series, I grew up with these. I watch them all the time during the Christmas season. Even though Scott Calvin doesn't initially resonate the whole "Christmas spirit" persona, he still tries for his young son, Charlie. But when he accidentally frightens Santa off of the roof on Christmas Eve, Scott's world is turned upside down. After waving goodbye (which shows that Santa was fine and did not take a "fatal fall") the old Santa disappears. Which leaves Scott and Charlie to finish his duties for the night and make the long trip back to the North Pole. What ensues over the next year or so will have you doubled over with laughter and tears. What with meeting Bernard, the strict head elf, hearing all of the witty comments about Neil's sweaters, and much much more you will be laughing so hard you will cry. There are also some very tearful moments in the movie that I won't give away like someone else did (Common Sense Media *cough cough*) your younger children will most likely question you with things such as "Why did Santa fall off the roof?" or "Why are they arresting Santa?!" Keep calm while giving them an honest straightforward answer, such as: "That is not really Santa. Just someone pretending to be him. They wouldn't really arrest Santa! You have to remember that this is just a movie and Santa didn't really fall off of the roof. Santa will still bring you presents." I also understand that while this will work for your, say, 8 to 11 year olds; the younger ones will generally follow your answer with a long string of "But why?" (trust me I know, I have a 3 year old cousin) Overall, this film gives a beautiful viewpoint of Santa's life from a perspective that families will love. Who knows? Your kids may even want to grow up and live at the North Pole like I did. :)