All teen and kid member reviews for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2014

Incredible!

Violence- 2(Punching) Sex- 1 (One reference to sex) Swearing- 2 (S**t, Sl*t, hell)
Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2014

Violent. But, mostly consider this movie was more for the teen crowd, for Ben Stiller's liking.

Epicboy21, here, yet, again. This movie, despite being rated PG by the MPAA, is somewhat violent, as, there are, at least two sequences with Walter (Ben Stiller, in the title role), being beaten up, one, in a fantasy. One involves in an X-ray machine, in the middle of the movie, that they Taser him in the nuts, and, that, in another sequence, the sequence of Walter's dreams: him beating up a co-worker over a toy, and, in a bar, he's beaten up, by this thuggish-looking man. No blood, though, one character trips off his bike, and, a tiny bit of blood, is, seen, on their forehead. The sexual references were things like a man suggested Walter go to a "strip-club", which is apparently "down the street", Walter mentions after Kristen Wiig (his crush in the movie, who plays Cheryl, his actual crush's name), does auditions for Grease, that it was too hard to do a role, just, because, of a "teenage sex with drinking". Really, also, that, the language isn't all that tame, but, still, Walter uses, the words, "Don't be such a d**k", "Oh, sh**", "Oh, cr*p" and similar language. The mature themes, however, also, include, workplace bullying, and, probably, the bit where he's fighting for his toy, in, an elevator, very reminiscent of something, like, Bourne, or, something, at, least. Anyway, this movie is inspiring, one of those "movies with a strong plot and an inspiring message to get the smallest things". Stiller also directs, and, puts this movie, into motion, in glorious 2.35:1 or 2.40:1 letterbox, at, the, very, least. Some, social, drinking, just, maybe. Anyway, thankyou for reading.
Teen, 17 years old Written byChristopherGraham October 9, 2014

"The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" by Christopher Graham

This movie is really good on so many levels. This movie is beautifully shot, the script is very smart and clever, and it takes us on a journey of personal arrogance. I liked how this movie pulled me into liking it and I liked how Ben Stiller made this film just right for people to like for what it is. Middle-Teens can see this movie, but not really, really little ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySisterMax August 21, 2014

Story of my life

I sort of felt alone before I watched the film. I'm always in my own bubble imagining things and feeling like my life isn't exiting. This film made me want to do everything and really encouraged me. I say this film has some elements younger kids might not enjoy/understand. But I definitely think it's a must see film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTara13 August 1, 2014

My opinion...

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, even though a bit slow and awkward in the beginning, came out to be a somewhat engaging story with BEAUTIFUL scenery and videography. Why iffy for age 11? Well to start off, sadly, although PG some language was put in that was not necessary. S--t once, A-- once, H--l a few times, D--k once. And, also some crude remarks having to do with sensuality. Violence, although nothing major, there is a brief shark attack scene (no one is hurt) which may scare kids. Besides that, i would say it would be a fine movie for +12. Younger tweens would want to watch with parents.
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2014

This is a masterpiece.

I loved this movie. The acting was terrific and the core message was heavily pronounced. My favorite scene had to be when Walter imagined Cheryl singing "Space Oddity" and gathered to courage to board that helicopter.
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

Walter Mitty review

IT might be complicated for kids about what Walter is trying to do but it is a good family, feel good movie and some langauge.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

THE SECRET LIFE OF WATER MITTY REVIEW!

it's a very good family fun movie. may course some swearing like s--t, ass, and d--k. no graphic violence or no sex. there is one scary, a little bit violent shark scene that may scare or disturb younger viewers. NINE YEARS AND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the secret life of walter mitty is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter May 27, 2014

Ridiculous and boring

This is such an odd movie... there's not much more to say. It's just ridiculous!
Kid, 8 years old May 22, 2014

he is soo advantris

he almost got eaten by a shark and almost drowned
Teen, 13 years old Written byJeremyNaimanSpike May 11, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a very inspiring movie for everyone with great positive messages. There are only a few scenes of violence (all comical) and some suggestive references. Also there is some bad language, but otherwise, it is clean.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysalagol May 1, 2014

good, good message.

Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

Nice

This was a great movie. It was funny and heartwarming. Ben Stiller outdone himself.
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

Great!!!!!!

Love it! Who cares about the first movie? This is one, and it's a great one! I love Life magazine, and this does too! Also, though there is WAY more language than an average PG movie. I love this movie nonetheless!
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2014

Best Movie Ever

think this movie is wonderful... you can barely hear one of the swear words and the other one I didn't even know was there until this website said. it gives a great inspirational message to be adventurous. Some of it might be confusing for younger kids though. It is a hilarious movie and is fun for the whole family. Hope this helps!
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

Very good movie,with dangerous peril, innuendo, and strongest word being "d--ck".

Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2014

just fine. Has confusing storyline

I thought this movie was weird and could be a little confusing to some younger viewers(6,7,8 years old.) their is some sexual references but nothing seen. some strong language for PG. Overall I didn't think this movie was great but just fine and good family movie for most but not for some younger viewers.
Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2014

Good and unique

I think Mitty is a great film! While a little confusing at times, Ben stiller manages to keep comedy in this funny, and hilariously odd movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byeschmu January 7, 2014

A good movie for the family

I went to see this movie with my parents and my 2 younger brothers 11 and 9. I thought this movie had a great message to it and it was a really good movie. There is some swearing like hell and s**t and a bit . He goes on adventures all over the wold which makes it fun and interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykrissylou January 4, 2014

Loved it!!!!!

Loved this movie!!!!! It was inspiring and funny! Probably ok for kids 11+ One bad word and a bit of drinking but not too much. A must see for teens and adults!