All member reviews for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Inspiring seize-the-day tale with some peril and flirting.

Written byAnonymous September 15, 2014

Feel good dreamy sweet "what if" dramedy has drunk thoughts but laughs

My rating:PG for crude comments,language,sensuality,violence,drug use and thematic elements
Teen, 13 years old Written byTara13 August 1, 2014

My opinion...

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, even though a bit slow and awkward in the beginning, came out to be a somewhat engaging story with BEAUTIFUL scenery and videography. Why iffy for age 11? Well to start off, sadly, although PG some language was put in that was not necessary. S--t once, A-- once, H--l a few times, D--k once. And, also some crude remarks having to do with sensuality. Violence, although nothing major, there is a brief shark attack scene (no one is hurt) which may scare kids. Besides that, i would say it would be a fine movie for +12. Younger tweens would want to watch with parents.
Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2014

This is a masterpiece.

I loved this movie. The acting was terrific and the core message was heavily pronounced. My favorite scene had to be when Walter imagined Cheryl singing "Space Oddity" and gathered to courage to board that helicopter.
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

Walter Mitty review

IT might be complicated for kids about what Walter is trying to do but it is a good family, feel good movie and some langauge.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

THE SECRET LIFE OF WATER MITTY REVIEW!

it's a very good family fun movie. may course some swearing like s--t, ass, and d--k. no graphic violence or no sex. there is one scary, a little bit violent shark scene that may scare or disturb younger viewers. NINE YEARS AND UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but the secret life of walter mitty is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter May 27, 2014

Ridiculous and boring

This is such an odd movie... there's not much more to say. It's just ridiculous!
Kid, 8 years old May 22, 2014

he is soo advantris

he almost got eaten by a shark and almost drowned
Teen, 13 years old Written byJeremyNaimanSpike May 11, 2014

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a very inspiring movie for everyone with great positive messages. There are only a few scenes of violence (all comical) and some suggestive references. Also there is some bad language, but otherwise, it is clean.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysalagol May 1, 2014

good, good message.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byFrobie April 29, 2014

Family Friendly

This film is kid-friendly for the most part. Kids under the age of 10 will not understand or appreciate the meaning of the movie. It has a great message of never give up on your dreams, always persevere, even in the face of adversity. Very little references to sex, no graphic violence, language is mild.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

Nice

This was a great movie. It was funny and heartwarming. Ben Stiller outdone himself.
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

Great!!!!!!

Love it! Who cares about the first movie? This is one, and it's a great one! I love Life magazine, and this does too! Also, though there is WAY more language than an average PG movie. I love this movie nonetheless!
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2014

Best Movie Ever

think this movie is wonderful... you can barely hear one of the swear words and the other one I didn't even know was there until this website said. it gives a great inspirational message to be adventurous. Some of it might be confusing for younger kids though. It is a hilarious movie and is fun for the whole family. Hope this helps!
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

Very good movie,with dangerous peril, innuendo, and strongest word being "d--ck".

Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2014

just fine. Has confusing storyline

I thought this movie was weird and could be a little confusing to some younger viewers(6,7,8 years old.) their is some sexual references but nothing seen. some strong language for PG. Overall I didn't think this movie was great but just fine and good family movie for most but not for some younger viewers.
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byadshansel January 10, 2014

Great family film

Loved this movie. A little slow at first and you have to pay attention, but it was great in so many ways!
Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2014

Good and unique

I think Mitty is a great film! While a little confusing at times, Ben stiller manages to keep comedy in this funny, and hilariously odd movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byeschmu January 7, 2014

A good movie for the family

I went to see this movie with my parents and my 2 younger brothers 11 and 9. I thought this movie had a great message to it and it was a really good movie. There is some swearing like hell and s**t and a bit . He goes on adventures all over the wold which makes it fun and interesting.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykrissylou January 4, 2014

Loved it!!!!!

Loved this movie!!!!! It was inspiring and funny! Probably ok for kids 11+ One bad word and a bit of drinking but not too much. A must see for teens and adults!
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2014

Good Movie

It was good! There is a scene when two men fight quite violently but nothing you can't handle! There is some mild sexual remarks and dating sites but hardly any! There is only two swear words - s**t and d**k but still swearing in it! The reason I said nine and up was because anyone younger might find it a bit boring!