All member reviews for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Inspiring seize-the-day tale with some peril and flirting.

Teen, 15 years old Written bysalagol May 1, 2014

good, good message.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written byFrobie April 29, 2014

Family Friendly

This film is kid-friendly for the most part. Kids under the age of 10 will not understand or appreciate the meaning of the movie. It has a great message of never give up on your dreams, always persevere, even in the face of adversity. Very little references to sex, no graphic violence, language is mild.
Kid, 12 years old April 27, 2014

Nice

This was a great movie. It was funny and heartwarming. Ben Stiller outdone himself.
Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

Great!!!!!!

Love it! Who cares about the first movie? This is one, and it's a great one! I love Life magazine, and this does too! Also, though there is WAY more language than an average PG movie. I love this movie nonetheless!
Adult Written byddentry April 21, 2014

Good for "Family Movie Night"

This was a solid, easy movie for most any viewer over age 10/11. I was concerned about the previous review that mention the "erection" and "horny" and "teen sex" references but they were so small and so quick that I'd suspect most kids wouldn't have even noticed them. They certainly didn't cause an issue in my house.
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2014

Good.

I think this movie is great. I gave it a at least 8 and up, because there is one character that is very bossy and mean to Walter. The movie was very enjoyable. If your kids are dying to see this, let them. It is not a bad movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2014

Best Movie Ever

think this movie is wonderful... you can barely hear one of the swear words and the other one I didn't even know was there until this website said. it gives a great inspirational message to be adventurous. Some of it might be confusing for younger kids though. It is a hilarious movie and is fun for the whole family. Hope this helps!
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

Very good movie,with dangerous peril, innuendo, and strongest word being "d--ck".

Teen, 14 years old Written byleakingrye January 19, 2014

walter

Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2014

just fine. Has confusing storyline

I thought this movie was weird and could be a little confusing to some younger viewers(6,7,8 years old.) their is some sexual references but nothing seen. some strong language for PG. Overall I didn't think this movie was great but just fine and good family movie for most but not for some younger viewers.
Adult Written byJEDI micah January 11, 2014

A "feel-good" movie with great special effects!

I normally don't see these kinds of movies in theaters. But this one, is definitely not what I expected (in a positive way)! It's actually a good movie, with some surprising special effects and great cinematography! Ben Stiller does a good job playing the awkward Walter Mitty who's amusing to see having conversations with others, just like his other movies ("cough cough, Night At The Museum"). Anyway, see this movie!
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written byadshansel January 10, 2014

Great family film

Loved this movie. A little slow at first and you have to pay attention, but it was great in so many ways!
Kid, 10 years old January 7, 2014

Good and unique

I think Mitty is a great film! While a little confusing at times, Ben stiller manages to keep comedy in this funny, and hilariously odd movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byeschmu January 7, 2014

A good movie for the family

I went to see this movie with my parents and my 2 younger brothers 11 and 9. I thought this movie had a great message to it and it was a really good movie. There is some swearing like hell and s**t and a bit . He goes on adventures all over the wold which makes it fun and interesting.
Teen, 15 years old Written byredtaylib January 7, 2014

Not as good as I thought, but great message

I'm sure everyone was as semi-captivated as I was by the trailer-- but don't be fooled! It was a nice movie with positive role models and messages. I just didn't understand the whole purpose of finding this ONE FRAME of film... I get that he was losing his job, but it was gone anyways. The trailer was pretty misleading as I thought it would be a Ben Stiller movies... sort of like Zoolander but more serious-- and it was not (not that it was a bad movie, just unexpected). Also, I think it's kind of sad and pretty slow (I fell asleep hallway through) but it had a very positive ending about not taking life for granted and enjoying the ride. I went to see this with my 8 year old relative, so I think your kids will be fine. It's your choice to hit the movies or wait until DVD (I'd say wait for DVD unless your desperate to see it).
Teen, 14 years old Written bykrissylou January 4, 2014

Loved it!!!!!

Loved this movie!!!!! It was inspiring and funny! Probably ok for kids 11+ One bad word and a bit of drinking but not too much. A must see for teens and adults!
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2014

Good Movie

It was good! There is a scene when two men fight quite violently but nothing you can't handle! There is some mild sexual remarks and dating sites but hardly any! There is only two swear words - s**t and d**k but still swearing in it! The reason I said nine and up was because anyone younger might find it a bit boring!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySadieDaisy138 January 3, 2014

Great movie!

This movie is beautiful, with wonderful scenery. It teaches you that if you don't believe in yourself, you'll never do anything. There is light violence like Mitty swimming with sharks, but there's never any blood. There are many brand names, and there is one scene in a bar. Overall, it is a brilliantly made movie and I will totally be watching it again.
Parent Written byDan G. January 3, 2014

OK for mature teens, won't interest anyone younger

This movie does contain profanity and crude language, there is a fantasy scene that is very violent, and some brief sexual references. The movie jumps around a lot, and seems to try to be every movie to everyone. Even though it stars Ben Stiller, it is very much unlike most, if not all, of his other movies, and likely will not interest any children except for mature teens that are interested in a mature themed movie.
Educator and Parent Written byskiddered January 2, 2014

a enjoyable visual feast

A visually impressive film that our 10-year-old enjoyed very much. Yes, there are a few instances of language we don't allow our son to use, but other than that, I can't find much objectionable to this film. We all dream, and kids especially like to dream big. Dreaming of how his life should be (or could be) makes Walter Mitty's character an interesting one -- appealing to kids of all ages. I don't quite get the objections to consumerism in this film. Yes, Mitty uses a Dell computer, and he works at Life magazine, and we see him in a Papa John's, but I'm not sure those instances of product placement constitute making this film a glorification of consumerism. In fact, Mitty's character eschews much in our consumer world and he lives a pretty simple life.