All member reviews for The Secret of NIMH 2: Timmy to the Rescue

Sequel is tamer, more predicable than the classic.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 14, 2010

Why do people make sequils, they ALWAYS ruin the sequils!

Ew, the songs and animation was terrible! Not nearly as much magic, I mean they made Thornvalley or whatever its called look like a fairy tale wizard of oz place when they said it was wonderful place for mice and rats and stuff. The voice acting was HORRIBLE. Its full of crappy sing o' longs and all about Tim and Jenny falling in love... sigh. The first one was SO much better, they weren't even singing songs except for that one lulliby. The first was AMAZINGLY better than this garbage. Sorry, but it STUNK. Although I liked the parts when Martin went crazy and Tim and him were in a little show down. Otherwise. BLLLLAH.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2009

Here's whats terrible

If I saw Timmy and Jenny like this on theatres I wanted my money back!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoonCrystal May 16, 2011

I wasn't too impressed with this movie (spoilers- by spoilers, I mean me explaing the entire movie)

When I was younger, I liked it. But as sequels go, they don't normally do the first film justice. First off, it shows parts of the first film in the beginning (also the better animation in comparison to the 2nd) and it was on track- until they said 'Johnathan parished at NIMH' when that isn't even how he died, he died while trying to drug Dragon, the farmers cat. Then, they said that a son of Johnathan Brisby will be chosen by Nickodemus to save the rest of the rats from NIMH, but in the first movie, that didn't happen- they made it up! So it shows all of the kids older as the movie goes on, and Timmy has to leave to Thorn Valley to go through training -(his older brother Martin is jealous) and what is confusing to me is, why is Timmy 'chosen' when Johnathan had three other kids who are all older than Timmy. Honestly all Timmy has ever done is not die. So anyway Timmy leaves for Thorn Valley- (which is more of a tree) and they threw a giant parade for him which included a horrid musical number. Throughout all of this time, Timmy grows up (another musical number) and they decide it's finally time for 'Tim' -what he wants to be called, to go on a mission to take some things- (isn't the point of Thorn Valley to prevent them having to steal?) And out of all of this greatness they wanted to build on Tim, they made him stand guard. Next thing, the love interest Jenny pops in. Eventually she is taken back to Thorn Valley, where she reveals she can read. She begs them to save her parents from NIMH, but they say they can't! Out of all of this 'Tim can save them, it is his destiny' junk, they decide not to do anything?! So they actually keep Jenny as a prisoner. She and Tim decide to break out and save her parents. It is then that Tim remembers his brother Martin, who went missing like, YEARS ago- (he just now does something? Did he just not care that his brother went missing?) So they realize Martin must be at NIMH as well. They set off, basicly got lovesick, met an annoying catipiller named Cecile, they go to ask the Great Owl for advice- (isn't he suppose to be dead by now?) It turns out that Jeramy- (the crow who helped Mrs. Brisby) and Cecile were just scamming the animals of the forest so they can get money (what would animals need with money?) and this results with a musical number, and their scam being found out. Blah blah details details- NOW they are in the city, and made it to NIMH. When they go in, they see that the scientists have been formed into dogs in a mental state- (somehow this movie turned scientists simply expermenting on rats for a project deal, into utterly mad scientists- which isn't the case at all. They don't torture animals just to torture them.) When they found out who is responsible for such deeds, it turns out to be Martin himself, completely changed by all of the electric shocks Dr. Valantine gave him. Martin was already intellegent, and took over quickly, and now he's gone insane- (a part of the movie I actually liked) yes, then another musical number- and Martin wanted Tim to 'rule the world' with him- (why does he want Tim to help him rule the world? I mean, Tim doesn't do anything about his disapearance for years, I would be ticked at him!) Tim refuses, he gets locked in a cage that Tim could have easily slipped out of but didn't. Cecile helps him out, they save Jenny- (whom Martin was going to make 'his queen' -wow) And Jenny knocks books on Martin's head, blacking him out. Her saying for this was "that's what you get for being so evil!" -? And what shocks me is that the HUMANS couldn't stop Martin, nor could the other rats of Thorn Valley- (which showed up) ..but some teenage mouse just hit him with books? ..I was kind of rooting for Martin until that point. They were going to leave him, but Tim couldn't, so he went back and saved his brother. They make it out okay- the rats fixed Martin- another parade- Tim gets the girl, and Tim gets a statue with his father. ...where's Mrs. Brisby's statue? Where's the rest of the kids statues? ....So that is it.
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2011

Good movie

I didn't mind this movie,But I was hoping it would be like the book (Rasco and the rats of NIMH) . Also, I didn't like how Marvin(I think thats his name) was supposed to be crazy. Besises that I enjoyed the movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byel April 9, 2008

Kid, 10 years old April 2, 2009

Terrible!!!

This movie is terrible!Bad graphics,a ripoff plot,bad characters and a cheesy love connection between Timmy and Jenny!Hated it, I want my money back!
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2013

Disappointing sequel to a beautiful movie.

Boring, not well animated bullcrap can only come from a sequel to an 80's Don Bluth movie. Granted, there are morals for kids in it, but they tell it with serious potholes surrounding it, and cheesier than goldfish crackers on a dairy lover's pizza.