All member reviews for The Shaggy Dog (2006)

Silly remake will entertain grade schoolers.

Adult Written byMort555 April 9, 2008

Good children's movie, Bad for everyone else

I recently watched the Shaggy Dog and I am kind of disappointed. I have always been a fan of Tim Allen. In my opinion this movie is perfect for younger children and their parents to watch together. The movie isn't as intereting for older children. If you are over the age of 13 you probably won't like this movie. Overall a great movie for children and an average movie for everyone else.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 25, 2013

Exempt for the kissing scene

best for kids
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 7, 2012

BOWBOW

really funny
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written byJojano March 3, 2012

Even better when edited for The Hallmark Channel

We saw this edited on The Hallmark Channel from a PG to a G rating...so so cute for the whole family. Not sure what was cut out to make it a G but it was perfect for my family. Both my kids (11 yr old boy and 9 yr old girl) cackled at this movie. My husband and I even giggled at parts. I just love a movie that I can sit down and watch with my kids.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 12, 2010

Worst.

The worst
Parent of a 9 year old Written byamurry1395 March 8, 2009

I luaghed!

All my family cares if I get a new movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymkalv March 5, 2009

Funny.

When my sister rented this film, I was annoyed because most dog movies are sappy or slow-paced. This one was funny. Tim Allen is a great actor, and the dog is cute. Reccomended.

Okay but kind of boring

That is all I have to say
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieFreak101 April 9, 2008

New and Interesting

Tim Allen turns INTO A DOG! This story about a man who is never home sees his self in a dog's point of view. Animal testing was occurring and he will do his best to stop it.you should watch this man change his life arnd!
Adult Written bytredmer April 9, 2008

a great disney movie

Finally, a really good silly funny kids movie, with out the sarcastic, mouthy, disrespctful kids. Being a dog owner I found this movie to be extremely funny. My 9 year olds loved it too. A great family movie. Good values and messeges. Bad guys go to jail, the good guys win and the dad learns a real lesson about the importance of family. I wish disney would make more movies like this. See it and enjoy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

PG? Why wasn't this G! I know because they want older people to see it!

Teen, 13 years old Written bymr.scribble April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byHannah1213 April 9, 2008

Great Family Movie

This movie was really good. A great family thriller. For the nudity part it doesn't show anything "special". It sort of reminded me of Beetoven. It was areally great movie and if you haven't seen it yet you should.
Adult Written byrussell-benoit April 9, 2008

We were going to watch 20 minutes; there went bedtime!

We really were only going to watch a few minutes, and next thing we knew we were glued to what came next. Funny story, plenty for 8-10 year old boys to laugh at, and yet the central importance of family comes clear.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

I laughed!

Entertaining! We laughed the whole way through! Good Laugh Movie + A good dog movie! A must see movie!
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008