All member reviews for The Silence of the Lambs

Thriller that made the serial killer a superstar.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHaydimi July 18, 2010

Not worth seeing if you were given one R-rated movie to watch, but still good, especially the climax.

I was looking for a good scare when I watched this movie. The first half of the movie wasn't R-rated whatsoever. They had negative moments in it, but it was just boring. The second half dealt with a drag queen (naked at one point, full frontal nudity of a half man half woman) and there was a lot more swearing in the second half. Many violent attacks with creepy blood when Hannibal eats someone. Praises murderers works throughout the movie. There is a cannibal who talks about eating people constantly. One lady is tortured and stuck in a well and swears.
Kid, 12 years old June 5, 2010
are you kidding me people? half of the reviews rated it ok for kids 12+? it is gorey, violent, lots of sexual behavior. (it's about a cannibal and a guy who is making a suit of human skins!!!!) NOT ok for any kids under 15 or so.
Adult Written bydashiao1214@gma... November 9, 2014

i love it!

i'm 12 years old and i love it, now im not saying that its not bad, it has bad words sex content but i believe that if kids want to watch it badly they can its not their parents fault its their fault. love ya
Parent Written by@@@ December 16, 2011

Good, just not great

An OK movie that I did not like as much as I thought I would.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaden147 September 19, 2012

Know your child but 10/10

Well i saw this movie when I was 12 and i loved it. Its my favorite movie. Now I now your thinking well hes just a 12 year old...wrong. Im very mature. So please just hear me out. This is a great movie, its a 10/10. Yes its violent but it has not a lot of it. The language is not that intease but theres about 20 f-words and yes 2 c-words but its well spread out through the movie and is mostly used in the 2nd half of the movie. Theres not a lot of sex or nudity in this movie but its a main part of the movie. The killer is a tranfestite who is killing women, skining them, and making a women suit. I know its sounds intease but really isnt. We do see the killer dance naked but his privites are tucked between hes legs and basicly all of his pubic hair is covered by a shadow. Then we see a brief shot of his *spoiler* women suit *spoiler* we see the pubic hair and 1 breast but they look fake and like rubber, this really is the only part that shows nudity but like I said it looks fake and its very brief. Besides all of that this movie is a masterpiece and has a ending to die for. Know ur child, if he or she is mature enough and if they can handle the theme of it and its characters (a cannibal, a transfestite, and a FBI agent). But like I said its a amazing movie and is a 10/10. Thanks for reading.
Adult Written byhamstergurl09 July 26, 2012

Outstanding Thriller

I think this is one of the best films ever made. I'm very much into things that are creepy and sick, so this was right up my alley. It wasn't as scary as I suspected. It was more suspenseful than scary. There is obviously violent/disturbing content, since it's about serial killers and all. I'm not going to elaborate on each instance of disturbing content because it would take too long. As for sexual stuff, a prisoner flicks semen at Clarice in one scene, and Buffalo Bill is shown dancing naked in front of a mirror with his penis tucked between his legs. All of the acting is phenomenal, but I feel like the other actors get overshadowed Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. Lecter is easily the best villain in film history, and Anthony Hopkins is superb. The way that serial killers were portrayed in this film is chillingly realistic. The story has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. I highly, highly recommend this movie. But one last thing: I heard that gay rights activists were upset that Buffalo Bill, a transsexual character, was portrayed as sick and a monster. As a strong gay rights advocate myself, I have to say, the focus isn't really on him being a transsexual as much as it is on him being a serial killer.
Adult Written byRoyal Crown Cola October 9, 2014

Classic

This movie is a classic pure and simple. Sure, there are some VERY questionable parts (Hannibal killing, A prisoner throwing a very special fluid onto an woman, sowing together a suit made of HUMAN FLESH!), but if your teen is mature enough, then sure let them have it.
Parent Written bygrapelover46 September 14, 2012

The movie would disturb most children under 15.

Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

I'm So In Love With This Movie!!

I'm in LOVE with this movie!!!, & I'm 10. In my opinion, this is the greatest movie EVER in the history of the World!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byidcimreallybored March 17, 2010

Great movie know one under the age of 13 should see it

Great movie, very interesting, not to graphic compared to what i thought it was going to be, but when the prisoner through his "bodily fluids" ie. his sperm at clarice, it was a little over the top
Adult Written bylemonlover July 19, 2012

This may be even more innapropiate than Hellraiser.

It is violent in a different way you would expect, and it is scary. F**k, c**t, b***h, sl*t, sh*t, and more are used through out the movie. There is nudity and ejactulation in the movie. It is not a movie you want to show when the kids are around.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 25, 2010

The greatest villain of all time?

Maybe. That was AFI's and EW's reaction. It struck me funny Hopkins got a Best Actor win instead of Supporting Actor because of his low screen time. Anyways it was fully merited, he's so creepy it's sometimes uncomfortable to watch. Catch the version on TV to avoid any disturbing stuff listed in CSM's review. I probably would've ended up seeing this even if it wasn't on my list of Best Pictures to see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsrainingfrogs July 14, 2014

Fascinating serial killer profile and a top-notch thriller

The Silence of the Lambs is one of the best thrillers of all time, and introduced the world to not one but TWO of the creepiest villains of all time. The film follows FBI rookie Clarice Starling as she attempts to rescue a senator's daughter from the clutches of a twisted serial killer known as Buffalo Bill. She does this by consulting super smart imprisoned killer Hannibal Lector. A haunting thriller filled with great performances. Sex: A naked corpse is seen, face down. In a very disturbing scene, Buffalo Bill dresses in drag. We see him fully nude from the front, genitals not visible. In another seen, he is seen naked from behind. Violence: Photos of dead bodies are shown, some of them with skinned body parts. A killer escapes from prison and brutally kills several prison guards. One is seen tied to the prison cell with a large gash in his stomach. Language: Semi-frequent strong language. Substance Abuse: Little to none. Intensity: Not very scary, but a pretty suspenseful and tense film. The main theme is serial killers. Very disturbing scene (mentioned above) in which the main antagonist is seen in drag.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysummersunshine_418 April 9, 2008

disturbing but brilliant

i can completely understand why this is considered a classic by some. even though i walked away from the movie disturbed and creeped out, it was also thought provoking. anthony hopkins was absolutely brilliant. i'd suggest this movie for kids 15+, and parents should watch it with their kids if they're anywhere from 13-16 depending on their maturity level. but don't watch this movie alone!! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byGTM December 17, 2015

Psychologically Terrifying

A very stunning thriller that brought the famous Hannibal Lector to life. This movie is definitely intense and mentally disturbing. In lots of scenes, Hannibal talks to Clarice Starling, and brings out the nightmares from her memories. The whole concept of a transgendered killer hunting down women, cutting off their skin, and wearing it to feel like a woman is highly disturbing. There are crime scene photos of skinned victims, and the most gruesome violence is done off screen. There is a scene where a naked man claims he had cut his finger, when Clarice looks at him, he shouts "Look at the blood"! And throws his semen on to her face. There is another scene where the killer, Buffalo Bill, is putting makeup on. In the scene there are close ups of him putting eye liner on, him fondling his nipple piercing, and putting on lipstick (he also has the scalp of a woman on his head). There is a close up of him asking himself "would you **** me"? He then says "I'd **** me, I'd **** me so hard. This dialogue might disturb a lot of viewers. He then dancers in front of a camera, we see the camera's perspective. He dances with a blanket wrapped around his back, and one hand which is wrapped up in the blanket, covering his genitals. He then goes close up to the camera, tucks his genitals in between his legs ( we don't see his junk, because he is so close to the camera), then he dances away and we see his pubes, he had obviously done this to make it look like he had a vagina. This whole is scene is very graphic and messes with your mind, it has also become a popular scene in film history. There is occasional drinking, usually in social parties. To wrap this review up, I'm just going to say: WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK! And if you watch it, I hope you enjoy the experience of one of the worlds best movies ever made.
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2010

Watch It!

Great movie.Some violence,sexual talk and the word cun*,gay nudity,and some use of language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAriana507 October 11, 2014

This was great.

I love this movie! But, it's inappropriate for kids. It's not scary at all, but it could be frightening to some. It's rated R for language, some sexual gestures, and the fact that he's a cannibal is disturbing. There's a disgusting part where a prisoner throws his cum on a detective. NOT FOR KIDS AT ALL.
Teen, 13 years old Written byliemswansonstuff January 5, 2016

Great movie, but proceed with caution.

The Silence of the Lambs is a great movie, however the violence is quite gruesome and in one scene, a killer is shown completely nude. Also, some may find this movie offensive, since a killer is also a trans-gendered person. The movie has a great story though and teens should find this movie very interesting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGhibliTheTimelord August 31, 2015

Amazing but disturbing

This movie is very good. The acting and storyline are extremely well done. However it is a quite mature movie. I'm 13 and I am usually very mature when it comes to this kind of thing, but this movie rattled me. It is very violent in some scenes although a lot of the violence you don't see. There is one scene where you (kind of) see a fully naked man and characters often talk about sex. I think you should make sure that your child is mature enough to handle many adult themes before letting them watch, but otherwise it is a wonderful film that deserves a chance.
Adult Written bykpianist7 October 3, 2014