Parent reviews for The Simpsons Movie

Same hilarious but in-your-face, edgy humor as TV show.

Adult Written byaidans1 March 30, 2016

Has less stuff than the show but still some edgy stuff

Some mild language Bart is naked for a small scene and shows his privates super briefly Two guy cops make out for a few seconds
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydoper December 8, 2009

great but wish it was a bit longer

off for 8 iffy for ok 13
Adult Written bychungclan April 9, 2008
Parent of a 10 year old Written bycavenoid April 9, 2008

Stay home and watch 3 TV episodes instead

I thought this would be a fun family movie, since we regularly enjoy the Simpsons together at home, but it was much more fun for our 10-year-old (son) than for mom and dad. I alternated between being a little shocked and catching snoozes. Shocks: Itchy & Scratchy was less bloody than usual, but I there were many instances of guns being fired (a shotgun at a penguin, a robot shoots its head off) that pushed my buttons. I was amused by Bart's cartoon penis, and didn't mind all the underwear, Homer and Marge undressing for sex with the help of forest creatures, and the kissing policemen, but something bothered me about Homer and the "boob lady", Marge telling Lisa to suck up her anger. Also, Marge saying "God Damn" at the climax felt cliché and gratuitous. My son, however, was quite titilllated at the adventurous new (for him) territory. Snoozes: The emotional content was cloying and sentimental rather than sweet, as it usually is (imagine Marge doing dramatic soliliquies rather than her to-the-boiling-point lectures). The drama dragged out endlessly (Homer f**ked up, yeah, we get it already) rather taking the usual surprising, imaginitive shifts. To be fair, I heard a lot of people laughing around me while my eyes were closed. The filler gags amused the kids. In short: I enjoy the edginess of the TV show, but try to make a familiar original into a "PG-13 mega-hit" and it feels forced and loses heart. (Imagine the difference between MAD and Cracked magazines.) Maybe I'm just getting old.
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bykramerl13 April 9, 2008

i laughed a lot

in this movie there was a lot of stupid stuff but the stupid stuff was very funny. there was cartoon nudity for about 1 min. i think this movie is okay for kids 11 and up.
Adult Written bygamermattt January 14, 2018

the simpsons (M O V I E-O N-T H E-B I G-S C R E EN)

This movie is GREAT. For kid who have seen the show will really LOVE this movie.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHendo H. U December 27, 2017

Parent of a 10 year old Written bySakkara B. November 3, 2017

Not for anyone under 14

This movie has no redeeming value. Bad language, sexual situations, gay lifestyle...not consistent with standard morals and family values. We reviewed Common Sense Media before watching this movie, and we were very surprised by the casual attitudes expressed by some parents that this was acceptable for younger kids. We watched this with our almost 11 year old son. He watches the TV series and though it has some questionable content, the movie was so much more extreme with lots of subtle messages. Even he identified this movie as bad for him to watch!

Adult Written byNemo R. October 29, 2017

14 and up

I recently gave the simpsons show a rating of 13 and up but I say this is 14 and up due to it being a little less kid friendly due to these reasons LANGUAGE 4/10 not bad compared to other movies but the a word and the h word are used several times VIOLENCE 3/10 homer hits his thumb and eye with a hammer,homer strangles bart and is also seen hitting dogs with a whip,bart claps until a large amount of snow falls on homer,Springfield is threatened by a bomb,homer and Bart are threatened by a shotgun,itchy sends bombs into scratchy’s mouth and explodes with a slight amount of blood being showed, a mob is after homer,Maggie threatens a monkey with a smashed baby bottle.NOT KID FRIENDLY SCENCES 5/10 Bart’s privates and but are showed,homer and Marge have a reverence, 2 officers are shown making out, homer calls a lady boob lady DRUGS 6/10 Bart is shown drinking, homer is shown drinking,There are several drug reverence’s, there are people shown drinking in mines bar

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTheHacking S. July 10, 2017

Adult Written bydanny 7000 April 7, 2017

the simpsons movie is not for little kids

i think the simpsons movie is a amazing movie but its not for kids because its very vilonte with blood and gore has lots of sexual innueondoe swearing one instance of nudity and homer sticks up 2 middle fingers with that being said the simpsons movie is a Adult animated movie and i dont reccomend it for anyone under the age of 13

Adult Written byMatt B. November 8, 2015

The same as the TV show, it has iffy stuff.

This is the same as the TV show it has stuff that is meant for preteens and teens.
Adult Written bymsmsms April 9, 2008

great movie

the movie was sooo funny. it was just like me. i was just like bart simpson. oh- I miss those days.
Adult Written bydigitex30189 April 9, 2008

HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! This has to be the funniest animated movie I've ever seen. Yes, more funny than Shrek, Flushed Away, The Incredibles, and any other animated movie you can think of. But be warned: some of the content in this movie is NOT suitable for all ages. In fact, this movie is aimed at the 12 and older crowd (think of the show. Would you let your kids watch it and expect them to not have any questions about it later? Some of the questions you might feel your kids are too young to hear the answers to.) So, take my advice. 12 and up, absolutely NO exceptions!!! But when I saw it in the theater, I saw some kids there that were still halfway through the Barney era!!! Not even old enough to talk yet and their parents took them with their olders brothers and sisters. What about the nudity and implied sex? NOT FOR UNDER 12!!! But it is a great movie.
Adult Written byPothosQueen April 9, 2008

The TV Show is BETTER!!

I love watching the Simpsons on TV. Some days, after a rough day at work, I turn to them for humor to ease my mind. The movie was a disappointment. The funny spots were all in the commercials. I didn't get a good chuckle in anywhere. Spider Pig, Spider Pig --- That was the best part. I was greatly disappointed. Wait for the tape.
Adult Written byOKC_Photography April 9, 2008

Boring

In case you are at all inclined to see the movie – don’t. It is one big yawn! Everybody in the theater laughed for the first 20 minutes or so. Then everybody was completely silent, waiting for things to get funny again before the end of the movie – and it never did! (At least that is how it played in one particular showing in an Oklahoma theater.) My son and I enjoy the television serious - which actually is usually funny. The movie, however, is no comparison to the TV series, unfortunately.
Adult Written byjuliek7878 April 9, 2008
I saw this movie with my husband, left the kids at home. But there was a row full of 6 and 7 year old's behind us. I am sorry but this movie is NOT appropriate for that age group. Just because it is a cartoon dosen't mean it is for kids.
Adult Written byCloonetroop April 9, 2008

A kid friendly comedy

Great movie makes fun of real stuff but that's not that bad.I think kids older than nine should see it.
Adult Written bymega11493 April 9, 2008

awesome, but not for kids.

This movie is probably the best animated film ever! But, like all good things, it isn't for everyone. it's not that bad, like that south park [email protected] they have on TV, everything is the yellow zone (no pun intended)