All member reviews for The Sixth Sense

Great, but sometimes scarier than R-rated horror.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookluver17852 April 6, 2011

great movie... some iffy violence though

I love this movie! It has great actors and a great plot. I don't think it is very viloent but there are moments that make you jump out of your seat though at though. There are no ther issues besides that. I really don't get how this was rate PG-13 it is deffinitly more like a PG movie. I suggest watching it twice if your younger because at some points it gets some what confusing. It has a great twist ending. I don't really consider it a horror movie. It is more like a drama. It deals with real life issues but with supernatural twists. It is a must see movie for all ages
Adult Written bymonkeylove807 April 22, 2011

good for 12+

I love this movie, its really cool , there are some scary parts in the movie but its only on thje people that the boy is seeing. It is not the scariest movie ever, but it is very cool to see in the end... its very suprising and u should definatly watch it!!!! , its really good... in the end ur going to be amazing and be like OMGG
Teen, 13 years old Written byjjz514 March 1, 2010

Great scary flick for tweens and anyone above.

I just recently saw this movie, and loved it. There were a few parts that made me jump, but otherwise I thought this had a great message to help others, not be afraid, and believe in the supernatural. Overall it was a great film
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 27, 2011

Perfect first horror film

Personally, I think this is a perfect first horror film for preteens interested in the genre. Some scenes are creepy, mainly because of the looks of some ghosts after they die, but most parents will agree it is not horrible. Kids will like this story, and be intrigued by its surprises.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystar97 November 21, 2010

Great movie!

LOVED IT!! This movie scared me, really scared, while I was watching it. By the end, my legs were shaking uncontrollably. Then the movie's over, and I'm perfectly fine. Great for tweens that don't want to be scared afterwords but plenty scared during it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish April 12, 2015

Good

This movie is really good however not really a suitable for anyone under 15 because it features mature themes such as Suicide , killings, a mother killing her daughter and hangings
Parent Written bychad13075 May 16, 2012

MUST SEE!!! Preteens aren't given enough credit...they can absorb material better than parents think; they've seen & heard much worse @ school, I'm sure. At least this way YOU can interpret what they see in an open, positive manner 8-)

The film is diamond in a sea of cubic zirconium. It is rare that I see a film that I haven't figured out 1/3 of the way through, but this film blew me away when the reality of whats happening is finally revealed. Parents, guidance and open dialogue is the key, as always.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightfan2459 April 21, 2011
Wow, what a good movie.Absolutley amazing. Not as scary as i thought it would be a few scary bits but nothing a twelve year old couldnt handle. Wow amazing twists thats all im gonna say ;D
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicManShades April 12, 2011

Awesome horror flick

I honestly hope that's not the real MPAA rating. Grossness? Anyway, an AMAZING movie, really creepy, edge of your seat, and the ending is crazy. The whole movie is about dead people and spirits, and people walk around looking the way they did when they died. (Gunshot wounds, slit wrists, sickness) One scene in the beginning that's a little iffy. First, the couple gets drunk and goes upstairs, and start taking clothes off in a suggestive way, but is interrupted by a quite intense sequence. An insane man screams at the main character, played by Bruce Willis, and eventually fires a gun at him and shoots himself. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for some frightening images, intense thematic material, and brief sensuality.
Adult Written bychangster.eminem October 3, 2010

Creepy Movie Gone Too Far

This movie has some pretty intense, creepy scenes for younger children and teens. Not a movie for anyone under 16 unless they don't fear anything.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMclassification August 16, 2015

Moderate bloody violence, sustained threat, horror.

THE SIXTH SENSE is about a young boy who is able to see dead people, and has a strong connection to his child psychiatrist. It is classified 12 for moderate bloody violence, sustained threat and horror. The beginning scene contains a man being shot, and then shooting himself off-screen. It is fairly brief and moderately bloody. There is also another scene in the same incident, showing a pool of blood around the victim, and where the bullet exit was. There is sustained threat throughout, when the boy is threatened by vengeful spirits. The sight of these ghosts is generally scary and menacing. There is also some mild language (sh*t) and a disturbing image of a hanging.
Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2014

My Rating: 12

What other families should know is that this is an atmospheric, spooky psychological thriller with some great messages and intense scenes. SPOILERS ALERT: You see a woman with slit wrists and a big bruise on her face (implied domestic violence); you see a man, woman and child hanging from the ceiling in a school building; the main child character gets bullied and locked inside a mini dungeon (he screams in terror and panic, quite intense); you see a boy with a gory wound on the back of his head (quite bloody and disturbing, however very quick); you see a little girl who violently and abruptly vomits (later find that she was poisoned by her mother); a dead woman is talking to the main child character and you see graphic burn marks on half of her body (she walks away, pretty quick scene); a dead biker appears next to the little boy's car window (blood down her face, fairly quick scene). You can also expect some language like 'bullsh*t, d*ck' and some other milder terms. Overall Description: Contains frequent moderate horror, implied domestic violence, intense threat, infrequent strong language and some alcohol.
Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2011

Very good movie

Kinda scary. Made me jump once. Man says bullsh-- once. Mild sexual behavior in the beginning. Violence is abundant.
Parent of a 3, 7, and 9 year old Written byRachelKoch November 15, 2009

Not too scary

I love the movie and my 9 year old loved it too. The thing I do when my kids want to watch a scary movie is that we watch the behind the scenes stuff first so they know it is not real and no one gets hurt that it is all pretend.
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

The Sixth Sense is scary, sweet, and superb!

Another one of Shyamalan's great flicks, this movie is awesome. Haley Joel Osment looks like a sad little puppy, you can't help but sympathize him. Some gore and a couple terrifying images, but all in all, not one you'd want to miss.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2009
I've seen this movie, and it is a wonderful movie, masterfully made. M. Night Shyamalan did a wonderful job on this. Although, this movie contains extremely horrifying, disturbing, and sometimes graphic images that may severely shock younger kids for a good period of time. No one under 15 should watch this movie, in my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old November 21, 2015

Sixth Sense Review

The movies is spectacular, but some of the seems came get really gory. Expect blood, and jump scares. I will not spoil it but there is a really gross seen in the movie so expect gross, and the plot is incredible expect incredible.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTiger13 October 21, 2015

The Sixth Sense

This movie was a spine chilling Thriller by M Night Shyemelema. In my opinion, It was a great movie!!! I am a fan of horror so I like stuff like this. But as a child who had horrible night terrors due to stuff like this, I think I would say even your teen or tween may want to wait a little longer than expected to see this movie. So scenes are gruesome, disturbing, and especially VERY Phsycological! I would recomend this movie to most viewers over the age of 12.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 14, 2009
This is a WONDERFUL movie, definitely worth watching, but not for the faint of heart or the young. It took me several days after seeing this movie to get it out of my head. The younger a child is, the more it would disturb the child, so I say no one under 15 should watch this movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 1, 2015

Great Movie but slightly disturbing

This is one of my absoulute favourite movies of all time! It's rated 15 as you do see people who are dead and you see the scars and blood on them which can be quite disturbing though after a while you get used to it. There are some swear words but not too many. A woman and a man are about to have sex but they're interrupted by an uninvited visitor. In conclusion if your kids can cope with a bit of blood and some jump scenes then this movie is great!