All member reviews for The Sixth Sense

Teen, 13 years old Written bybookluver17852 April 6, 2011

great movie... some iffy violence though

I love this movie! It has great actors and a great plot. I don't think it is very viloent but there are moments that make you jump out of your seat though at though. There are no ther issues besides that. I really don't get how this was rate PG-13 it is deffinitly more like a PG movie. I suggest watching it twice if your younger because at some points it gets some what confusing. It has a great twist ending. I don't really consider it a horror movie. It is more like a drama. It deals with real life issues but with supernatural twists. It is a must see movie for all ages
Teen, 13 years old Written byjjz514 March 1, 2010

Great scary flick for tweens and anyone above.

I just recently saw this movie, and loved it. There were a few parts that made me jump, but otherwise I thought this had a great message to help others, not be afraid, and believe in the supernatural. Overall it was a great film
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 27, 2011

Perfect first horror film

Personally, I think this is a perfect first horror film for preteens interested in the genre. Some scenes are creepy, mainly because of the looks of some ghosts after they die, but most parents will agree it is not horrible. Kids will like this story, and be intrigued by its surprises.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicManShades April 12, 2011

Awesome horror flick

I honestly hope that's not the real MPAA rating. Grossness? Anyway, an AMAZING movie, really creepy, edge of your seat, and the ending is crazy. The whole movie is about dead people and spirits, and people walk around looking the way they did when they died. (Gunshot wounds, slit wrists, sickness) One scene in the beginning that's a little iffy. First, the couple gets drunk and goes upstairs, and start taking clothes off in a suggestive way, but is interrupted by a quite intense sequence. An insane man screams at the main character, played by Bruce Willis, and eventually fires a gun at him and shoots himself. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for some frightening images, intense thematic material, and brief sensuality.
Kid, 12 years old July 28, 2014

My Rating: 12

What other families should know is that this is an atmospheric, spooky psychological thriller with some great messages and intense scenes. SPOILERS ALERT: You see a woman with slit wrists and a big bruise on her face (implied domestic violence); you see a man, woman and child hanging from the ceiling in a school building; the main child character gets bullied and locked inside a mini dungeon (he screams in terror and panic, quite intense); you see a boy with a gory wound on the back of his head (quite bloody and disturbing, however very quick); you see a little girl who violently and abruptly vomits (later find that she was poisoned by her mother); a dead woman is talking to the main child character and you see graphic burn marks on half of her body (she walks away, pretty quick scene); a dead biker appears next to the little boy's car window (blood down her face, fairly quick scene). You can also expect some language like 'bullsh*t, d*ck' and some other milder terms. Overall Description: Contains frequent moderate horror, implied domestic violence, intense threat, infrequent strong language and some alcohol.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwilightfan2459 April 21, 2011

Wow, what a good movie.Absolutley amazing. Not as scary as i thought it would be a few scary bits but nothing a twelve year old couldnt handle. Wow amazing twists thats all im gonna say ;D
Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2011

Very good movie

Kinda scary. Made me jump once. Man says bullsh-- once. Mild sexual behavior in the beginning. Violence is abundant.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 28, 2011

great movie!

First off, the MPAA Rating listed here is incorrect. Are you kidding me? "scariness" and "grossness"!? MPAA is a lot more mature than that, that sounds like a 6 year old wrote it. The actual MPAA Rating is: PG-13 for intense thematic material and violent images. great movie!
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2011

The Sixth Sense is scary, sweet, and superb!

Another one of Shyamalan's great flicks, this movie is awesome. Haley Joel Osment looks like a sad little puppy, you can't help but sympathize him. Some gore and a couple terrifying images, but all in all, not one you'd want to miss.
Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2010

Brill

i absolutely loved this film, the end nearly sent me to bed with tears i think it was a clever movie, it builds up tension and has a lot of surprises. I WAS AT THE EDGE OF MY SEAT!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystar97 November 21, 2010

Great movie!

LOVED IT!! This movie scared me, really scared, while I was watching it. By the end, my legs were shaking uncontrollably. Then the movie's over, and I'm perfectly fine. Great for tweens that don't want to be scared afterwords but plenty scared during it.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 14, 2009

This is a WONDERFUL movie, definitely worth watching, but not for the faint of heart or the young. It took me several days after seeing this movie to get it out of my head. The younger a child is, the more it would disturb the child, so I say no one under 15 should watch this movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2009

I've seen this movie, and it is a wonderful movie, masterfully made. M. Night Shyamalan did a wonderful job on this. Although, this movie contains extremely horrifying, disturbing, and sometimes graphic images that may severely shock younger kids for a good period of time. No one under 15 should watch this movie, in my opinion.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNeon_Fish April 12, 2015

Good

This movie is really good however not really a suitable for anyone under 15 because it features mature themes such as Suicide , killings, a mother killing her daughter and hangings
Teen, 13 years old Written byLilz the pawz March 26, 2015

Great..but really depends on your kid

I live in the UK and there this is rated a 15, which is too high but as the same with all horror movies know the kid and what freaks them out. seriously I have seen 9 year olds brave through this without a scare but my parents are really scared by this film, some jumpscare issues aswell but if your child plays fnaf that shoulden't be a issue
Teen, 17 years old Written byBookNerd1 March 19, 2015

Great Movie And Still Disturbing

This movie is very visually appealing and is just mind boggling. I love this film so much. There is not one flaw in this movie. The kid who talks to dead people sees these people as they were when they died so some of the people are a little gruesome. The ways some of the people died (especially one in particular) will be disturbing for kids. It's an older movie so it's not as realistic as newer horror movies but it still makes you cringe. But if you think your kid is fine with horror this shouldn't be too bad. In my mind the violence/disturbing images makes this movie teeter on PG-13 to R. Still a classic everyone should see sometime in their life even if they don't like horror. P.S. Notice visual storytelling with the color red, makes the movie ten times more enjoyable.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2015

This feature is absoloutly unmissable, but has shocking scenes and a very scary theme.

Parents need to know that this film has possibly the best plot twist of all time. However, it isn't for young kids. The fact that Cole (the little boy) can see 'dead people' is very disturbing, and the people Cole see is even worse. You can see people hanging, shooting themselves, a woman with a deformed face (implied domestic violence), and a boy with a (brief) gory wound on the back of his head. There is implied violence, upsetting scenes, some horror, drinking, a drug reference and some language, as well as bullying.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycarlotaaa October 31, 2014

Pretty good, not scary though

This movie had a pretty good story with an exciting twist ending, but it was not nearly as scary I thought it would be. A little gore, but not very realistic; an 8 year old should be able to handle it.
Kid, 7 years old June 12, 2014

Great Ending

This film had a couple of scary part that made me jump and a little cursing but it was a very good movie to me.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRockAndRollKid May 9, 2014

Amazing but scary. Some language. And twists

The sixth sence is the best film shymalan has made (the village was good too). This movie has violence,language,and drinking. This suspense/horror has several violent moments. There are along several jump ups too. In several scenes there is blood. And when you see the ghosts they have big bloody injuries on how they died. Along with that there is a shooting and a suicide in literally the first ten minutes. You also see a kid and his family hung for a brief moment (jump scene.) There are other examples of violence too. For language there is damn,hell,bull crap,crap,sh*t,and bullsh*t. Which one is said in front of a 6 year old boy. In moments there is also drinking and even a moment where a couple is almost completely drunk. There is also a moment where a ladie is in panties and a man is shirtless and are about to have sex until violence starts. In another perverted scene a man sees a lady in a shower but nothing's scene. Violence: 4/5: though not as scary as the Village it is more violent. There are shootings,suicides,injuries,jumps,blood,gore,and a hanging. The film is also creepy. Language: 3/5: crap,hell,damn,bull rap,bulls*it,and sh*t is used. One i front of a kid. Drinking: 3.5/5: moments where adults social drink. A couple in one moment are so drunk they almost have sex.