Fantastic performances, compelling story for teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 6, 2011

Fantastic, but very mature.

My rating: PG-13 for use of alcohol and illegal drugs involving teens, strong language and some sexual content.
Parent of a 14, 15, and 18+ year old Written byrwyoung@pol.net October 14, 2010
Don't send your children to this if you don't want to send the message that it is ok to do drugs, have premarital sex or speak with a foul mouth!!!
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 12, 2010

Impressive drama along the lines of Catch Me if You Can

This was an excellent film that's really worth seeing. The performances were outstanding! The story was compelling and original, and the pace was quick, but not too quick. Parents: This is a strong PG-13. There's surprisingly graphic sex, drug use, and language. What I would have rated it: R for Drug Use, some Sexuality, and Strong Language. Bottom Line: A great film that should be seen by all. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster February 24, 2013

realy good

not for kids because they won't understand it but the movie issn't brutale or bloody 11 and up the movie itzelf is realy great if you like talking movies like the way jesse eisenberg acts in the movie
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2011
Parent Written byWei Jay November 13, 2015

It's Fictional, Not at all a biographic.

I know that I have at first thought about learning about Facebook because this is what the title says, but however entertainment was the intention of this movie and not a fact based documentary. Meanwhile, it is a unquestionably entertaining Fictional story about the creation of the social networking site now known as Facebook, and the Battles over the creators over ownership after the website's unfathomable success. On the other hand, the dialog contains some rude humor and also some sex scenes( which I have skipped while watching it on dvd.).Overall, there's are messages about success, friendship, loyalty in this movie that's worth discussing afterwards. Beware of the dialog though, as there are sexual references and rude humor present throughout the film.
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

I love this movie!

This a a great movie and I love how it's about Facebook but beware there's a lot of drinking!
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 4, 2012

Great but to mature for kids.

Lots of casual swearing, and some sexual stuff.
Adult Written byflyswattermovie July 18, 2011

um... R?

Something tells me that the MPAA was drunk or something during the rating of this movie. It uses the word "f--k" twice, involves use of marajuana and cocaine, plus and image of some unidentied pill being popped, and has a scene involving oral sex. Normally, this would be R. But not this movie. I love this movie, but this is one of the movies that the MPAA didn't really rate carefully.
Adult Written byThat Guy Over There January 11, 2011

the social network

Wow... I have to say most of you are really overreacting. The sex scene was explicit? You have to be kidding me. You see them kissing, it cuts to her unbuttoning his pants... That's it! I was slightly surprised that it said the f word twice. But don't worry. Your kids say it behind your back and at school. Trust me.. Oh, one last thing. The drinking and drugs pretty much portray college correctly. It's what happens. If you want your kids to go, they'll see it anyway.
Adult Written byConcernedMan September 26, 2010

Don't count it out.

It would be ignorant to say that this film will be bad because of it being about facebook. This isn't just about facebook. It's about the destruction of relationships, it's about a power struggle over success and fame. While it may seem silly to make a movie about a website, it could have easily been about some other business venture. It is being made to display the emotional confrontations between several characters. Btw, the movie is being made by David Fincher. Go look up his directing track record.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTimelordiness October 2, 2016

Spidey is really good at sueing

First of all, I had no idea that Justin Timberlake could act. Second, this is an excellent film, that perpetuates the unfortunate stereotype of the 'silicon valley bro'. The 'silicon valley bro' stereotype is what largely eliminated women from many STEM professions. It emerged when Silicon Valley jobs first broke into the mainstream. Before then, women made up over fifty percent of computer science graduates. Now, they make up less than twenty percent. Nevertheless, this movie does have some instances of women calling the male characters out on their mistakes, especially in one instance near the beginning of the movie, where Mark's girlfriend breaks up with him. She tells him "you're going to go through life thinking girls don't like you because you're a nerd. You'll be wrong. It's because you're an a*sh*le." In my opinion that's an incredibly important message for young men, who believe that they're entitled to female attention, regardless of whether they respect women or not. Throughout the film, male characters demonstrate this toxic worldview. Justin Timberlake's character Sean blatantly disrespects women, and even more disturbingly, is shown flirting with minor girls. Jesse Eisenberg's character Mark, writes slanderous and offensive things about women online, and even Andrew Garfield's character Eduardo, the moral centre of this morally lacking movie, drunkenly fetishizes Asian women in one scene. Despite a lot of frat boy talk about sex in the movie, there is minimal sexual content shown. In one scene, Eduardo and a woman go into a bathroom to kiss, and oral sex is implied. Sean is introduced in a scene where he wakes up in a woman's bed after a hook up, but nothing is shown. Mark and Sean go to a strip club in one scene, and there are similar events in a scene of a college party. Finally, there is a scene at a party where two women kiss, to the great elation of the college boys watching them. Drug use and alcohol overuse are also shown in a morally ambiguous light. Language is another major issue, with h*ll, d*mn, b*tch and *ssh*le being used often. The movie is a great demonstration of the consequences of success, but also the consequences of being inconsiderate of others. There is even a brief message about the dangers of putting things on the Internet that cannot be removed.
Adult Written byLowe's man February 26, 2016

much for older teens to learn about

Since this movie takes place in a college setting partying is pretty much to be expected. The actual drinking was quite light. The sex scene wasn't the main emphasis of the movie, so I don't think that it'll make much of an impression one way or the other on teens. There was a little bit of drug use, but it was portrayed negatively. Besides, it isn't anything that teens haven't already heard about. The main point of the movie was about one young man and how an idea of his became a major business, as well as the legal and other obstacles that sometimes stand in the way of running a business. Older teens have much to learn here.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpiderman1204 September 29, 2015

Amazing movie best Jesse Eisenberg movie yet

First off, let me say this is the best movie I have ever seen. Most of the reviews are wrong. There is no nudity except one bottom that is mostly covered. The stall scene is not to bad because it shows nothing except a kiss. I admit there are a few f bombs and other bad language. The main issue is the amount of bad behaviour and drinking. Mark,Eduardo and friends are not good role models that drink,zip line off roofs, and more. It was amazing. If you are ok with a bit of kissing,three f bombs and drinking it's ok
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoshuaRants April 14, 2015

Made for Geeks

Here's the thing: this movie isn't really for kids. It's for very tech savvy people. People who know who Mark Zuckerberg enough already (this doesn't mean "oh he made Facebook"). Kids WILL NOT understand it. I did when I saw it a couple years back because I'm just a geek, but kids who are normal won't. It's very boring at times. Not for me, but for anyone else. There's a few scenes where people'll go: "erm... what happened?" and terms like 'stock' are thrown around... most people -- even adults -- don't have a clue what stocks are. There's also scenes (like an elevator blowjob scene, nothing is actually shown, not even below the waist) that adults will feel uncomfortable watching with their kids. A lot of kids won't get what's happening, but a lot will. It's a generally boring film for those who don't have insight on the actual people and situation, so I wouldn't recommend it as a "watch-with-your-children" film as they'll get really bored, but for those who know what is happening in the technology world (in terms of people and news), then this is almost a crucial film to watch. Watch this religiously if you're that person. Just kidding. Oh yeah, and there's drug use, some bad language and some other stuff you probably won't like. I loved the film, I'd rate it 5 stars if it wasn't for the kind of people who are likely to read this, but it probably isn't for you. People who need to see this film most likely have.
Adult Written bysarge123 January 24, 2015

Modern masterpiece has language, brief sex and an overall dark vibe. 15+

The Social Network is an incredible, enthralling and meticulously constructed film, but it isn't suitable for all ages. Sex includes implied Oral Sex in a bathroom stall (very brief, and it cuts away before anything actually happens) and some innuendos that kids may or may not pick up on. Language includes about 2 or 3 F-words, sh*t and other milder curses. The film is also rather emotional and at times, dark. That being said, it's a beautiful and near-flawless movie that will enthral viewers old enough to see it. Some 14's could easily handle it, but it's safest for 15+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCurmagicwithin September 19, 2014

Very mature, but good movie.

The Social Network is a very Mature movie, it has a lot of drinking and drugs. I thought this movie was very mature even for me(I am 14).
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byJesusrulz666 April 17, 2011
Beautiful
Adult Written byParents suck July 6, 2016

Omg

Omg so MUCH nudity, so much blood and uses of the WORST C WORD. So much crap in one movie omg. Good movie tho
Kid, 8 years old June 27, 2015

Fascinating, mature drama is very racy and has lots of language, drug use.

This movie fallows Mark and his friend Eduardo they created the new app Facebook in the beginning it was a website that rate women from farm animals, but now its a website where friends can chat and talk about each other. There is tons of racy content, in one scene a man wakes up with a women lying on top of him and then the women jumps in the shower, racy content is implied, in one extremely graphic scene where 2 women bring Mark and Eduardo to the bathroom and then go to the stalls and all of then start roughly making out and the girls preform graphic oral racy content on the guys and you can see it completely, also some very graphic strip poker, and striping some graphic nudity includes bottoms and breasts. There is also tons of swearing including s--t d--k bulls--t s--t p---y b---h f--k c--k etc. There is also lots of underage drinking and drug use. Though this movie is fascinating it can get boring. My rating:R for pervasive language, strong racy content/some graphic nudity, and drug and alcohol use.