All member reviews for The Social Network

Fantastic performances, compelling story for teens and up.

Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2011

Parent of a 18 year old Written byJesusrulz666 April 17, 2011

Beautiful
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 6, 2011

Fantastic, but very mature.

My rating: PG-13 for use of alcohol and illegal drugs involving teens, strong language and some sexual content.
Parent of a 9, 12, and 14 year old Written bymamide3 April 27, 2011

Too much sex, drugs and alcohol

I watched this movie with my 12 and 14 year-old kids. My kids thought it was boring and I thought it had too much sex, drugs and drinking. I would not recommend this movie, especially not to any families with kids and teens.
Adult Written byConcernedMan September 26, 2010

Don't count it out.

It would be ignorant to say that this film will be bad because of it being about facebook. This isn't just about facebook. It's about the destruction of relationships, it's about a power struggle over success and fame. While it may seem silly to make a movie about a website, it could have easily been about some other business venture. It is being made to display the emotional confrontations between several characters. Btw, the movie is being made by David Fincher. Go look up his directing track record.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRainy Day October 2, 2010

On "The Social Network"

The Social Network is, first and foremost, a dramatised version of college life. This means occasional scenes of swearing, drug use, "questionable" teenage partying, as well as one or two instances of "Gossip Girl" sexuality. Given this fact, most teenagers and "tweens" for that matter, will be able to handle the content. Far more shocking acts have been depicted on any given night of TV. As an added relief for parents, there is absolutely no violence in this movie. No one gets killed, punched, slapped, kicked, or shot. And yet the plot is still effective as a thriller. I watched the movie with my parents and younger brother, and we didn't find any problems with the content. Interestingly enough, David Fincher has crafted a film that doesn't condone such reckless behavior, but instead attempts to explain why it happens. Billions of dollars and access to exclusive parties can't buy friendship, and the movie's message is what ultimately sells the price of admission. All that aside, the artistic quality of the film is excellent. The script zings, the actors (Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield in particular) give Oscar-worthy performances, and the direction by Mr. Fincher is simply astounding. The Social Network is one of the top three films of the year. It is by no means a movie that defines our time, but it is still a very, very, good way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Parent of a 14, 15, and 20 year old Written byrwyoung@pol.net October 14, 2010

Don't send your children to this if you don't want to send the message that it is ok to do drugs, have premarital sex or speak with a foul mouth!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byactress4jesus April 10, 2011

Great Movie on The Dark Side Of Fame and Fortune

I loved this movie. Don't get me wrong, many of the aspects like oral sex, drugs, drinking, and the whole "Rating Based on Hotness" thing were unnessesary (Pardon my horrible spelling) and at times frustrating to watch. Mark goes on a blog and calls his recent ex-girlfriend the word for a female dog, clearly hurting her feelings. Sean, the founder of Napster, is a class A jerk, manipulating Mark into giving his friend less of the money. But I do like the fact that even though Mark's friend is suing him, they still help each other throughout the movie and have a strained yet genuine friendship despite the division money has brought between them. The acting was PHENOMENAL and very realistic. Good to show 14+ year olds when talking about the heartbreak money can bring into your life if it becomes your god.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 9, 2010

The best movie of 2010?

I don't like throwing the word masterpiece around lightly, but this film is an absolute masterpiece. The acting is impeccable and the score is almost better. It really does sound like another lame biopic, but its got great drama in it, there was never a boring moment. Even though Zuckerburg is portrayed as a cold, snarky, and very unlikable character, you end up rooting for him in the end of the film. I wish all 500 million Facebook users could see this brilliant film! Even though I loved "Inception" and "Toy Story 3" equally, this year at the Oscars I'm rooting for "The Social Network."
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity October 2, 2010

Social networking is something we always have taken for granted, but the stories that go into famous websites such as Myspace, YouTube, and (in this case) Facebook are filled with shady decisions, landmark lawsuits, and the hard work that goes into them. In The Social Network, David Fincher has concocted a film that takes a book describing Mark Zuckerberg'/Eduardo Saverin's founding of Facebook (called "The Accidental Billionaires") and turns it into a very twisty morality tale. Everything about this movie is fantastic. From the sharp-witted script penned by Aaron Sorkin, to the impeccable performances by...pretty much everybody, to Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails fame) and Atticus Ross' subdued but pounding score, to David Fincher's magnificent directing capabilities, but you knew that already, The Social Network is one of the best biopics in recent memory. Only the ignorant can diss "The Facebook Movie". It's funny (rare for a David Fincher film), poignant, and altogether unapologetic to its subject. The final line spoken in the film sums up the truth: "Mark. You're not an a**hole. You're just trying hard to be." All in all, an excellent film. However, the content is very gritty but realistic, making this film off-limits for young teens. When I first heard that this seemingly R-rated story had turned into a PG-13-rated film, I was stunned. But after seeing it, it seemed like The Social Network was quite close to receiving an R anyway. In other words, it didn't feel watered-down at all. There's sex, and lots of it. As the reviewer said, sex was a big part of the founding of Facebook, because the predecessor to it involved something similar to notorious website hotornot.com, but with Harvard undergrads instead. Later, implied oral sex is seen in a bathroom stall. A man wakes up with a college student he doesn't know. Scenes in a bar and at a school club feature lots of suggestive dancing, women in ridiculously skimpy outfits and lingerie, and a game of strip poker (though there's no full-frontal nudity). Drug and alcohol use is also quite rampant, as one scene involves two people snorting cocaine off a woman's stomach, though most scenes simply involve pot smoking and beer/cocktail drinking by college undergrads; in other words, just like your average college film/experience. Language is raw, with two f-bombs and an incompletely said one, as well as frequent use of words like "b*tch", "sh*t", "godd*mn", and "a**hole". There is some commercialism, as can be expected from a film involving the creation of a multibillion-dollar website, and many colleges are mentioned. There are only two mildly violent incidents, but they're not worth noting. Overall, just see The Social Network if you're mature enough to. You'll be glad you did.
Teen, 17 years old Written bycrazychic October 31, 2010

I rated this movie 15+ not because of the partying but because of it's intense theme. I don't think younger kids will understand what's going on or even if they do they won't really be able to realize the affects. But all in all a really good drama.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 12, 2010

Impressive drama along the lines of Catch Me if You Can

This was an excellent film that's really worth seeing. The performances were outstanding! The story was compelling and original, and the pace was quick, but not too quick. Parents: This is a strong PG-13. There's surprisingly graphic sex, drug use, and language. What I would have rated it: R for Drug Use, some Sexuality, and Strong Language. Bottom Line: A great film that should be seen by all. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Kid, 8 years old February 6, 2011

cool

good movie!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoBall February 12, 2011

Good story, but bad movie.

The acting was very well-done and I thought Mark's story was incredible, but like the site says, there was just so much drinking and sex and drugs that it wasn't a very good movie to me anymore. The drinking and stuff didn't even play a major part in the movie. In my opinion they could've edited some of it out because it was very inappropriate.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2011

Surprisingly Good!!

This movie sounded EXTREMELY boring to me. I mean, I don't even have a Facebook. Why would I want to watch a movie about Facebook? Well my sister really wanted to see it so I went too. I really liked it. It was fast-paced and interesting. I am very surprised. The acting was great too. Everyone should watch this.
Kid, 10 years old June 11, 2011

Great film for ages 12 and up

Great film, but my sister and I had to cover our eyes for two scenes. And they said a really bad word once. That's why I put 12+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDamon Lover October 23, 2010

Great movie! Shows kids what can hapeen to you if your not careful on facebook.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

The Most Vulgar PG-13 Movie In the World

One more strip girl can cause a landslide. There were 2 f bombs which are very rare in a PG-13 movie, drugs everywhere, sex everywhere, and jerk characters. This is the most vulgar PG-13 movie in the world.
Kid, 12 years old October 23, 2010

Facebook started like this

Good movie shows what knowledge can do for you
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2010

Tween Must See

I loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!!! I think about this movie 24/7 and now have a huge crush on Andrew Garfield, but that's besides the point. I did not think that the sexuality was pushy, I just felt as if there was a lot of substance abuse and there was a petty air to the movie. But the movie is relatable. The Harvard stress The feeling of being dumped The psycho girlfriend The obsession over the one thing you can't have The idea of deceit and manipulation The naive, vulnerable characters The lies Everyone has similar problems and the movie is a great and beautiful film.