All teen and kid member reviews for The Social Network

Teen, 13 years old Written byPYEsinc January 15, 2011

Surprising story; excellent film

The language is the first thing to worry about: "s--t" is used throughout (sometimes preceded by "bull"); "f--k" is used three times (twice in a row accompanied by the finger, then once about three minutes later); "a-s" is used a few times. There's also a few disgusting scenes (a long one with two girls making out with barely anything on; another where someone (a Disney Channel star!) unbuckles a man's belt before the camera cuts away). Alcohol is consumed by usually-underage college students constantly. There is some smoking and a whole scene where college students use cocaine and then lie to cops about their age, assuming that 21 is the legal age for the drug. It's interesting how they portray a man who lives a life of stupid choices and hacks Internet as the billionaire he also is. The movie is very well thought out, very excellent, and has an amazing story, though definitely not something to look up to.
Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2011

The Social Network

All characters get angry and most have revenge(sometimes violent). Rapid drinking. Some sexual references and situations. But not bad. Overall it was an AMAZING film!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymardoggie2013 January 13, 2011
This is the film of our time. It really pushes a PG-13 though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byheymonday101 January 12, 2011

He talked way too fast

The main nerd loser talked way too fast! I was like "Slow down or shut up!" I'm a stage actor, and if I talked that fast, I would be yanked off that stage
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhitehorse_21 December 24, 2010

great movie

LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodperson4 November 21, 2010

nice

i saw it and i think 12 year olds can see most of the stuff in it
Kid, 12 years old November 7, 2010
Lots of drinking. Some language. Might be inappropriate for 12, 13 should be fine
Teen, 17 years old Written bycrazychic October 31, 2010
I rated this movie 15+ not because of the partying but because of it's intense theme. I don't think younger kids will understand what's going on or even if they do they won't really be able to realize the affects. But all in all a really good drama.
Kid, 12 years old October 23, 2010

Facebook started like this

Good movie shows what knowledge can do for you
Teen, 14 years old Written byDamon Lover October 23, 2010
Great movie! Shows kids what can hapeen to you if your not careful on facebook.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviecritic October 21, 2010

Great Movie

I loved this movie. First off, the hype about this movie was crazy, and I wasn't sure it was going to be as good as the critics said it was. I was wrong! Everything about this movie, the acting to the actual story is amazing. There is some strong language in this movie so I wouldn't reccommend this for young kids but around 14 and up should be fine.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2010

Tween Must See

I loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!!! I think about this movie 24/7 and now have a huge crush on Andrew Garfield, but that's besides the point. I did not think that the sexuality was pushy, I just felt as if there was a lot of substance abuse and there was a petty air to the movie. But the movie is relatable. The Harvard stress The feeling of being dumped The psycho girlfriend The obsession over the one thing you can't have The idea of deceit and manipulation The naive, vulnerable characters The lies Everyone has similar problems and the movie is a great and beautiful film.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 9, 2010

The best movie of 2010?

I don't like throwing the word masterpiece around lightly, but this film is an absolute masterpiece. The acting is impeccable and the score is almost better. It really does sound like another lame biopic, but its got great drama in it, there was never a boring moment. Even though Zuckerburg is portrayed as a cold, snarky, and very unlikable character, you end up rooting for him in the end of the film. I wish all 500 million Facebook users could see this brilliant film! Even though I loved "Inception" and "Toy Story 3" equally, this year at the Oscars I'm rooting for "The Social Network."
Teen, 16 years old Written byJWilliams303 October 9, 2010

Ok movie...

This movie is pretty good, but probably one i wouldn't watch another time or over and over again. It just wasn't all that interesting and it was boring in some parts but it's one of those movies that are "been there, saw that" kind of movie. Probably for anyone who wants to know about how facebook got to where it is today.
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2010
I loved this movie. It was very interesting to see how facebook became what it is know. Everything else from script, acting and pace was awesome. There was just some innapropriate college partying and a kiss scene in a bathroom. 9+
Teen, 13 years old Written byThreeDaysGracesGirl October 8, 2010

Fine for 13+. Get over it, you can't protect your kids from the world, get used to it.

I loved the movie. EXTREMELY amazing. I'd like to add that you can't protect your kids from the world. I don't think that someone would want to see this with their parents (some scenes might make them uncomfterable), but with friends, it's fine. I loved it, not much more to say about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byespngy15 October 3, 2010

Aaron Sorkin's Script with david finchers directing can only mean good things

This movie was amazing. i am very glad i saw it. there was a lot of r-rated drug use in this movie and some f-words. but the story is compelling the acting is amazing and this is a best picture contender for the oscars. the whole movie was very well done. if you have a teen that has a facebook page they should see it and read the book its based of off. the book is called accidental billionaire. even though all the facts are not right and things were added and subtracted it think it is it is good for teens with facebook pages to see what facebook was really created for. a lot of the facts in the movie were not correct. there was a lot of drinking and drug use. and some nudity. but over all the movie lived up to its hype and you should see it with your teen.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRainy Day October 2, 2010

On "The Social Network"

The Social Network is, first and foremost, a dramatised version of college life. This means occasional scenes of swearing, drug use, "questionable" teenage partying, as well as one or two instances of "Gossip Girl" sexuality. Given this fact, most teenagers and "tweens" for that matter, will be able to handle the content. Far more shocking acts have been depicted on any given night of TV. As an added relief for parents, there is absolutely no violence in this movie. No one gets killed, punched, slapped, kicked, or shot. And yet the plot is still effective as a thriller. I watched the movie with my parents and younger brother, and we didn't find any problems with the content. Interestingly enough, David Fincher has crafted a film that doesn't condone such reckless behavior, but instead attempts to explain why it happens. Billions of dollars and access to exclusive parties can't buy friendship, and the movie's message is what ultimately sells the price of admission. All that aside, the artistic quality of the film is excellent. The script zings, the actors (Jesse Eisenberg and Andrew Garfield in particular) give Oscar-worthy performances, and the direction by Mr. Fincher is simply astounding. The Social Network is one of the top three films of the year. It is by no means a movie that defines our time, but it is still a very, very, good way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity October 2, 2010
Social networking is something we always have taken for granted, but the stories that go into famous websites such as Myspace, YouTube, and (in this case) Facebook are filled with shady decisions, landmark lawsuits, and the hard work that goes into them. In The Social Network, David Fincher has concocted a film that takes a book describing Mark Zuckerberg'/Eduardo Saverin's founding of Facebook (called "The Accidental Billionaires") and turns it into a very twisty morality tale. Everything about this movie is fantastic. From the sharp-witted script penned by Aaron Sorkin, to the impeccable performances by...pretty much everybody, to Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails fame) and Atticus Ross' subdued but pounding score, to David Fincher's magnificent directing capabilities, but you knew that already, The Social Network is one of the best biopics in recent memory. Only the ignorant can diss "The Facebook Movie". It's funny (rare for a David Fincher film), poignant, and altogether unapologetic to its subject. The final line spoken in the film sums up the truth: "Mark. You're not an a**hole. You're just trying hard to be." All in all, an excellent film. However, the content is very gritty but realistic, making this film off-limits for young teens. When I first heard that this seemingly R-rated story had turned into a PG-13-rated film, I was stunned. But after seeing it, it seemed like The Social Network was quite close to receiving an R anyway. In other words, it didn't feel watered-down at all. There's sex, and lots of it. As the reviewer said, sex was a big part of the founding of Facebook, because the predecessor to it involved something similar to notorious website hotornot.com, but with Harvard undergrads instead. Later, implied oral sex is seen in a bathroom stall. A man wakes up with a college student he doesn't know. Scenes in a bar and at a school club feature lots of suggestive dancing, women in ridiculously skimpy outfits and lingerie, and a game of strip poker (though there's no full-frontal nudity). Drug and alcohol use is also quite rampant, as one scene involves two people snorting cocaine off a woman's stomach, though most scenes simply involve pot smoking and beer/cocktail drinking by college undergrads; in other words, just like your average college film/experience. Language is raw, with two f-bombs and an incompletely said one, as well as frequent use of words like "b*tch", "sh*t", "godd*mn", and "a**hole". There is some commercialism, as can be expected from a film involving the creation of a multibillion-dollar website, and many colleges are mentioned. There are only two mildly violent incidents, but they're not worth noting. Overall, just see The Social Network if you're mature enough to. You'll be glad you did.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAwesome_O September 30, 2010

Saw the midnight showing and it was worth it.

Very good film for teens and up, made me laugh till I almost peed my pants! xD