All member reviews for The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlwayzCreative14 December 6, 2010

A Fantastic Film

I was expecting this movie to be cheesy when I went to see it, but I LOVED it! It's a great modern fantasy adventure, chock full of laughs, suspense, great role models and a little bit of romance. I think it's the best Disney movie I've seen in a long time. The violence isn't that bad and it focuses more on life lessons and the fight between good and evil. Can't wait to see it again!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymusicjesusfreak September 27, 2010

Great move for everyone from 10 to 110, but not a lot younger

The special effects in this movie are amazing! The storyline is really good too, and the characters are all interesting and smart. It's a really good movie, but it comes with an overdose of violence, as far as young kids are concerned. Plenty of mirror shattering, and lots of shooting spells at each other. The rising scene is amazing, but pretty intense. It shows dead bodies and skeletons coming out of their resting places and coming back to life. It's really well done, but might be scary to little kids. The story takes place in New York City, so obviously, there are lots of ads all over. All the cars are branded as well as most of the items. Clothes, food, shoes, etc. There is one scene where David's roommate tells David about his plans for the night, which include a lot of partying and drinking, and tries to convince David to come with him. This is a great movie for kids around the preteen area and older, and is also lots of fun for adults. Enjoy!
Teen, 17 years old Written byUgli Chic January 4, 2011

Your basic good-against-evil battles, except knocked up a few notches. Magic permeates the air in this movie; I liked the special effects,and the cool sorcerer powers. Some potty language, literally, in the bathroom. This movie may not be for kids under 9, because they may not understand the whole witchcraft-and-wizard stuff, and there are quite a few intense scenes. Jay Baruchel plays the goofy nerd very well; and Nicholas Cage makes excellent Balthazar. It's like they tried to remake Harry Potter, only ended up looking nerdy and dorky, and then making fun of it. More of a comedy than a blockbuster hit.
Kid, 10 years old July 16, 2010

AWESOME!!!

I could be entirely wrong,but I think this movie is AWESOME. When I noticed that the title was "The Sorcerer's Apprentice",/i fell in Love with it. I'm excited to see it, and this movie is great for ages 8+.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2012

terrible movie!

i saw this movie and hated it. there is some violence and disturbing enemies, but sex is the main problem. in one scene the main character stares at a girls legs and calls her "sexy". there is also a scene with several prostitutes around one of the main bad guys, and a picture of girls in extremelly skimpy outfits around the same characters. there is one reference to hitting heavy on wine. this is a terrible movie. dont see.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic May 29, 2012

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a perfectly typical example of its type, professionally made and competently acted. The CGI is relentless and what you might call reverse-magical: The more we're hit with stuff, the less wondrous it becomes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 25, 2012

Really good, but could have been better.

Older kids and maybe even teens will like it, but adults not as much.There are some good laughs throughout. It will probably be scary and frightening to younger kids. There is quite a bit of violence and destruction and people threaten to kill each other many times. There is some mild sexual content (calling someone sexy, and a few lengthy kisses). Also some mild language (hell at least once and insults like "shut up" and "old man"). Overall a very good movie and worth seeing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 26, 2012

Fantasia one is better

this pathetic movie only shines with its awesome action sequences, and the presence of Nicolas Cage.
Kid, 10 years old November 19, 2011

Really good

This movie is really good for all ages my 7 year old brother watches it plus it has really good humor and a really good amount of violence no blood either
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2011

Really Good!

I didn't think I'd like it but I really did. Nothing really inappropriate. The worst word in this movie is "hell." No sexual content and not too much violence. It was really good.
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2011

This is an AMAZING movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this movie!!!!! I like how the hero, Dave, is just a normal person. Just like enjoylifecrazily when i saw the title The Sorcerer's Apprentice I fell in love with it! This movie is Awesome
Kid, 10 years old May 29, 2011

The Sorcerer's Apprentice

This spin-off of the classic animated short in 'Fantaisia' was fun. There was some sorcery violence, that had some terrifying images (like the parasite spell). Two uses of h***, though nothing else. Dave and Becky have a relationship, though Balthazar and Horvath fight over Veronica. The role models give up stuff for others. This was a fun movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byheypukeko April 5, 2011

clear minded movie... :)

average... go see it with a clear mind and u could enjoy it! :)
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byimitatior February 6, 2011

okay for everyone, but with new special effects, not so much

it's good for everyone I would say, but it looks quite realistic.
Kid, 9 years old January 21, 2011

kid friendly

I like this movie because of magic and sorcery. It was predictable but enjoyable. There's not much action.
Kid, 10 years old January 4, 2011

Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2010

"The Sorcerer's Apprentince" is a master of greatness

"The Sorcerer's Apprentice" has fun moments. But, it has some romance in it. Balthazar and Dave are good role models. Morgana and The Morganians are bad role models. Pretty much all of the secondary characters are good role models. The good and bad sides have multiple fights as well.
Kid, 10 years old November 19, 2010

Ok. Younger kids will enjoy.

Wow really. This movie was not scary at all! I can see kids of ages 4 and under being a little frightned, but nightmares! It's not even a horror movie! Ok back to the review, pretty good movie. A little violence more fantasy violence and shooting magic bolts at people and one scene when a girl stabs Merlin but no blood. No cursing. Just some mild kissing scenes. I saw this over the summer with my family and I was a little bored but younger kids would like this. Get ready, they'll be talking about this one!
Teen, 14 years old Written bystripesanddots November 10, 2010

I really enjoyed this movie! The special effects were great, as was the story. My only concern is that the violence ight be a little scary for younger kids.