All member reviews for The Sound of Music

Kid, 11 years old September 5, 2010

OMG, love this movie even though it is so old. So romantic and its just such a good movie with very good songs.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymessage from god June 8, 2011

Perfect 10/10

The Sound of Music is the most popular musical in history many memorable moments kids at 5 and till the end shall love this masterpiece when i was younger me and my parents watch this movie all the time with my grandfather now he is dead last June watching this movie again flooded a lot of childhood memories this will be my last movie to watch when my parents or i die
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 April 25, 2010

good

very long movie, musical will keep you entertained but you can get bored after awhile
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 April 22, 2011

One of My Favorite Things

Some scenes of drinking in a very excellent classic, but it is very long. 174 minues to be exact. Yet there is nothing parents will find too upseting other than the context that it takes place during WWII. Like other classics, kids will like the musical parts, and adults will enjoy just as much if not more. This is my favorite musical, and probably one of my favorite movies period...
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2011

Excellent ??????????

I love this awesome calssic! The music is beautiful and moving, and the plot is cute, and actually true. Julie Andrews has an amazing voice and the children are adorable! I really reccomned it!
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2011

Beautiful, my favorite movie!!!

This is a beautiful movie! I've loved it ever since I can remember! I've always hoped that my school could do this movie as a play and that I could play Maria. Julie Andrews is one of my favorite actors and singers! I wish I could sing like her! It's her best movie! My favorite scenes are when they Von Trapps are hiding in the abbey and the opening scene. I like the tension when the Nazis look for the family. Plus I love how well the family handles their fear and shows so much bravery, even little Gretel. And the opening scene is breathtaking! Julie Andrews sings beautifully in that scene (well she always sings beautifully). I saw the movie over at Tuacaun and it was amazing! Plus I love that this movie is based off of a real family's expereance. I'd love to read the book someday! This movie is amazing!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

Wonderful movie with wonderful theme and wonderful music.

Wonderful movie! Maria is a musical, virtuous, loving, brave, honest, and perfect.. Captain Vonn Trapp is a good man at heart although at first he makes his children live as if they were in the army. It demonstrates courage and the might to do what you want if you think you are right. This is a lovely movie with wonderful, soothing music.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySoftballlover August 6, 2010

Perfect!!:)

I really liked the movie. And I love the movie! And if you really like the movie, you should see the plays. They are really excellent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhiyaaaa August 20, 2010

good for kids ages 6+; some tweens may like it others may not

love this movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 15, 2010

perfect

IT'S GOOD FOR ANY AGES!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

How could anyone hate it?! Beautiful!

First of all, the lady that the Captain is supposed to marry has the greatest wardrobe....I wish I had those dresses! This is an absolute classic and I shake my head in pity of anyone who does not like it and categorizes it as "boring". It has wonderful performances by all of the actors and the music is beautiful. I love "Climb Ev'ry Mountain", that scene makes me cry. Excellent movie for any age.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2010

Yodel ay, Yodel ay, Yodel ay ee oo!

This movie is da bomb! I saw it when I was really little and have been watching it ever since! One scene I always liked was when the did "The Lonely Goatherd" puppet song thingy...I still like it 11 years later. The ending with them hiding in the abbey (however you spell it) might be kinda scary for young kidlings, but overall that a remarkable movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhearthacker99 December 3, 2011

fun for every age!!

its a really entertaining and fun movie which i personally as a child think is great....soo friends do not miss watching it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 November 29, 2009

Outstanding classic

Although it's not the manliest thing to admit you saw "Sound of Music" and enjoyed it, hey...I enjoyed it. Not for young kids at all, ages 10+ is good. The whole Nazi plot is way too much for a child to handle, but the music just made you feel good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOneEpicGal01 December 6, 2011

One of my top favorite movies of all time!

Okay, I'm a HUGE musicals fan, so when we sang a "The Sound of Music" medley in chorus last year, I HAD to go and buy the movie! This, honestly, is one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen. It's one of my favorites (losing only to Gone With the Wind & The Wizard of Oz). The music is - as Common Sense says - glorious, and the soundtrack is one of My Favorite Things! ;) The only things I'd be concerned about as a parent are the Hitler references and the mentions of drinking at the parties; nothing too bad, that's just the time period of the movie, but younger kids may not understand that stuff very well. There are a few kisses but nothing very passionate (they're actually very sweet, but I'm biased, hehe!). Put plainly: if you haven't seen the movie, see it, and if you have, show others. It's simply wonderful!
Teen, 16 years old Written bypepsicola147 April 9, 2008

Truthfully, I lost six brain cells watching this.

It was an assingment that I had to watch for class, but I have watched it before and I can say, this is BORING! I don't learn anything from it, except that there was a crazy singing family. I know there is supposed to be an educational value in this movie related to the Nazis time period, but it is so boring to even learn about that interesting stuff in this musical... I didn't like it at all. I think I was falling asleep! Not think... know.
Teen, 15 years old Written byanimalloverkt April 9, 2008

This is an AWESOME movie!!!!

This is the most AWESOME movie EVER!!!! The music is wonderful, and it has a historic background and some funny moments. Julie Andrews is brilliant, as usual, and Rogers and Hammerstein had the best score EVER!!!! I can say that because I am a musician... I can appreciate it in its full potential. This is one of my absolute FAVORITE movies, along with Singin' in the Rain, Chariots of Fire, The Music Man, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, and others. This is my absolute FAVORITE movie, however. (I just contradicted myself, didn't I? Oh well...) The music is fabulous... I am listening to the soundtrack right now. A must see for any one of any age, though for younger children, the cirstumstances/history might need to be explained in further detail.
Kid, 8 years old May 27, 2013

Do Rem I Fa So Lat ti

A great film best movie seen!!
Kid, 11 years old November 18, 2011

SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!

This is the best movie of all time! Great actors, and the best is Julie Andrews! The songs are beutiful, couragous, fun, sweet, expressive, and inspirational! The movie shows that people always love you, and that they can have a change of heart. It is a movie for the whole family! Little ones, parents, and even teens love this movie! And its educational! The history is about World World 2 coming. The kids are funny, sweet, and intelligant. There is barly any violence, and so what if someone is put at gun point, in this movie it doesn't matter. Any violence leads back to the history. And there has always been violence when it comes to history. This is the ultimate classical family movie package!
Kid, 9 years old October 4, 2009

A Fantastic Movie!

Hi, I'm ten years old and I think this film is a great! Based on a true story Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer make the story come alive as a musical! At the end there is a part younger children may not like {when they hide from the Nazis guard but they do get away} in all a movie to see over and over again.