All teen and kid member reviews for The Sound of Music

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

How could anyone hate it?! Beautiful!

First of all, the lady that the Captain is supposed to marry has the greatest wardrobe....I wish I had those dresses! This is an absolute classic and I shake my head in pity of anyone who does not like it and categorizes it as "boring". It has wonderful performances by all of the actors and the music is beautiful. I love "Climb Ev'ry Mountain", that scene makes me cry. Excellent movie for any age.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Fun for Any Age!

The Sound of Music tells the story of Maria VonTrapp and her family, inspired by the musical, which was inspired by a the real VonTrapps. This movie contains plenty of crushes and romances, but nothing even remotely sexual. There is a tense scene at the end, but it never gets violent. There's not a single bad word in it, (unless you call Golly a bad word), and only one character smokes very briefly. The Sound of Music offers what you can't get a lot of these days: fun for the whole family, adults and kids. The Sound of Music will make you cry, laugh, and want to sing along. This is a perfect movie for everyone!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

Great for kids my age.

No violence,swearing,or anything like that. I love the story and I wish they would have came out with a second one,because the ending is that they go over a mountain. I would like to know what happens after that. Great movie!