All member reviews for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

Teen, 17 years old Written byarandomperson August 15, 2013

Know your kid and you'll be fine.

As with most Spongebob, fine for (mature) kids. The mature is important. Aside from that, great.
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2013

Some of you parents are too overprotective!

teamworkfun. how can you think that spongebob isn't appropriate for a six year old? It's a cartoon! It's supposed to be silly! This is a hilarious movie! I watched it when I was six. I didn't understand the whole drunk on ice cream thing then, but now that im older I do, and it's hilarious! Don't listen to some of these parents, it is appropriate for six year olds.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymimitchi33 March 28, 2013

No, no, no!

I wish I could give this 0 stars, I hate this show! Also, this movie is more inappropriate than the show, including a lot of things little kids should not see or hear, sort of like Shrek, but only with a well-known cartoon. I think Shrek is better than SpongeBob.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2012

IM A GOOFY GOOBER ROCK!

I've probably watched this like 100 times. Bad language includes "freakin" and "d---ing piece of evidence". CSM should really go a little easier on spongebob. Great pick for families who love spongebob. Also, Spongebob and Patrick meet Dennis, a motorcycle rider who has spiky boots and has a license plate with "I KILL U" and a few scenes of a bar/club with tough guys kids might cry when spongebob and patrick almost die, but will clap when spongebob and patrick spring to life again! Funny and well-lengthed movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

Very crude,but still very good!

Though I gotta admit,the show is better! HOWEVER,this is till a pretty funny movie! Even though there is name calling and a slight use of the D word,there are plenty of positive messages in this movie! BTW,I'm excited for the sequel.Also Lu Bu,if we don't want hate the sequel,DON'T MAKE US! Screw you for telling us to use our brains,and not accepting our opinions.So please just shut up and let us be excited for the sequel if we wish to!
Kid, 11 years old November 24, 2012

An average movie but slightly more inappropriate than the show.

First, I want to talk about how appropriate it is. This is slightly more inappropriate than the show. It may not have a lot of language from the show, but it is way heavier on violence. It is very violent and scary. Neptune's consumerism for his crown is dramatic. Spongebob and Patrick get drunk off of ice cream. Sexual content includes Patrick's relationship with Mindy and characters being naked. I want to say how good it is. At some moments the movie is quiet. By watching the show you would expect a really loud and sound filled movie. Also, the ending was really cheesy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 21, 2012

average

I am going to start off by saying this movie is not that bad. It had a few good parts. But let me tell you people something. I read some reviews saying you people want to see the new spongebob movie sequel in 2014, USE YOUR BRAINS PEOPLE! spongebob use to be good in its first three seasons and the first movie, but after that spongebob became stupid and gross. so if that happened then the sequel movie is new too,so the new movie will be just as bad as the new modern episodes.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynicekid5 November 6, 2012

its amazing but scary if under 8

its great for 8+ but pretty scary if your under 8. There is lots of mild languge and lots of treing to kill each other and lots of hurting and lots of scrathes
Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2012

before watching movie, read this

This movie is really good. Dennis, King Neptune, and Plankton are kind of violent in the movie. One of the most uncalled for scenes is when Patrick is flying showing his butt, literally. I recommend your kids watch the old episodes of the series "Spongebob" (1999-2004) before your children watch it. This movie is for kids at least the age of 5-7.
Teen, 17 years old Written byWhiplash (2003) October 13, 2012

The Spongebob Squarepants movie

Violence: The charetars fight alot. Language: They don't curse but the words are stupid kid, idiot, twit, loser, spongeboob, and ding-a-ling. Sex: Patrick falls in love with Mindy. Drinking: Spongebob and Patrick get drunk off of ice cream and the thugs drink in a bar.
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AGAIN DID NOT LIKE BUT I AM 9
Teen, 13 years old Written byStepinsomeivy July 20, 2012

Seriously!

Not one inappropriate part. They are JUST cartoon characters. Does it matter if they are naked? They aren't real. I saw this when it first came out and thought it was hilarious.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymetaknight462 June 23, 2012

SPONGEBOB MOVIE IS GREAT FOR ALL KIDS

I am 12 and a half years old. I have watched the SpongeBob movie about 10 times in my life and I think it is a great movie for kids. I have read some of the parent reviews and I'm wondering, why on earth would you cover an 8 year old's eyes when an animated butt comes on the screen? I mean, when I was 8 I saw a lot of animated butts on SpongeBob and so did my parents, and they were OK. The first thing that came into my mind when I saw some parent reviews was that those parents were too overprotective. Seriously, like one guy said, you're probably going to get made fun of in middle school when you're not allowed to watch SpongeBob. I think its a great movie for kids as young as 3 years old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow June 19, 2012

Great TV show adaptation with nice humor

This was a nicely animated movie, with a great voice cast and a positive message about believing in yourself. It's humor makes it very similar to the TV show, some of which is crude, which is what earned it it's PG rating. Also, there is more violence in this installment; some of it is scary, but other parts of it are just slapstick. There is also one swear ("d*mning") which, surprisingly enough, was not mentioned in it's MPAA rating description. Plus, there is a scene where SpongeBob and Patrick get drunk on ice cream, which was rather hilarious. Despite this, most of it's content is fairly innocent and crazy, as with the TV show, and Mindy proves to be a good role model for her compassion. A pleaser for fans of the series!
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2012

one of the worst films ever.

STUPID PLOT STUPID STORY TERRIBLE FILM I HATE IT DONT WASTE YOU TIME IT WAS STUPID!
Teen, 15 years old Written byttoohey5 June 11, 2012

Nickelodeon's Signature Sponge Brings Laughs and Morals

Nickelodeon has been known for its edgy and controversial TV shows, and SpongeBob has never been an exception. While this movie was never exactly controversial, it definitely plays into the show's mix of childish and adult humor. There are plenty of references and jokes that small children wouldn't get, but plenty of mostly harmless action scenes and one-liners that some of the smallest of tykes will find hilarious and entertaining. The script is sprinkled with minor G-rated insults, two or three mild sexual advances between Patrick and an attractive mermaid character, and some cartoonish action and fighting scenes that may seem a bit violent to smaller children. The humor is fluid and funny, the positive message of finding yourself and believing in yourself is encouraging, and kids and adults alike will enjoy.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 9, 2012

Just OK.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybenboys June 5, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS!!

Patrick dresses like a stripper!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySirkin reviews May 26, 2012

Sirkin Reviews

A funny humerous comedy. Kids under the age of 8 will love it. Some violence and some content much different from the tv series.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRichardR. May 20, 2012

Fantastically Spongey

Great movie, plot follows, comedy is hilarious, and overall entertaining for both kids and adults, even if most of the jokes are for kids. First of all let me just get the "parent" things out of the way. Violence: most of the violence is played for laughs (bar fight), however some violence is key to the story\ plot (such as Dennis being killed twice, but the way he dies is partially for laughs with no real emotional, or reality impacts). And there are "people" skulls visible. While also having, slapstick humor, along with peril that isn't very mild. Various black, swollen eyes are also shown. Scariness: Cute, but also creepy monsters are a minor part. Plankton turns everybody into slaves (funny slaves at some points) Sex: Patrick wears fishnets, Mindy does have mild mild cleavage, and Patrick has a crush on Mindy and calls her "hot". Pat's underwear is shown, Spongebob's butt is also shown Beer: Fish are drunk at a bar, Spongebob\ Patrick becomes drunk off of ice cream. Positive stuff: Kids will learn to be themselves, and try to accomplish things even if people put you down, along with having to learn to be responsible. Mindy is a VERY good role model even though she steals a "magical bag of winds" from her father. Spongebob, and Patrick never used violence to solve their problems, instead they use kindness, and determination, and occasionally wits. Overall, this movie will entertain kids along with parents. There isn't really anything to worry about, besides violence, alcohol, and crude humor. However, for your child to actually laugh, they must be aware of what is going on, because the movie is mostly targeted towards 10 to about 16 year olds (I think). The plot does make sense, and isn't just a bunch slaps for laughter. There are also minor twists, hilarious surprises and dialogue, and surprising heartfelt and suspenseful moments. Even though this movie is a cartoon, it will be remembered as an unforgettable classic. Well worth money, however i wouldn't watch it more than once every other day.