All member reviews for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2012

Overprotective, much?

I was looking at the other reviews and was SHOCKED. One sentence: IT IS PERFECTLY FINE FOR PRE-TEENS TO WATCH. Okay, there IS crude humor, but it's for ALL AGES. Psshh, not everyone can stand 3rd grade humor. And one more thing, a few reviews said stuff about the language, but, honestly, but since I was in fourth grade people have been saying stuff waaaaaaayyyy waaaayyyy waaaaayyyy harsher than "idiot", "butt", and "you're hot". :P I think a nine-yr-old can survive..
Kid, 10 years old March 4, 2012

Great Movie!

Great movie! There was no cussing at all and I loved it all the way to the end
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Just as good as the show!

This movie ROCKS! The animation and plot is GREAT!
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2012

My Rating

PG-13 for some violence, mild language, brief nudity, some drunkenness, and crude humor.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 25, 2012

Big very funny improvment over abysmal TV show.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCharlieBundy February 18, 2012

Whaaaat??? This movie was great! :D

i remember when I was in daycare they put on this movie, and we were all mature enough to see this as humor. I don't know how sensitive you're kids are, or how sensitive you're raising them, but if your kids are familiar with the show, they'll be familiar with the goofy humor. the saddest scene is when they were put out to dry. Made me cry like a girl. Good movie, though! :d
Kid, 10 years old February 17, 2012

Good and bad

Well, this is kinda violent and there is one scene where this guy squeezes in in-between his abs or something. Violent but good for younger kids
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2012

A great movie.

This movie is slightly inappropriote with some drinking, cartoon crude humor (cartoon nakedness, however there is no sex), scarieness and violence, but all of the inappropriote stuff is a little, however the scarieness and violence is in the medium range, some good role models and positive messages. However, due to all the inappropriate stuff, I do not reccomend this movie for young kids (under 9 years).
Teen, 13 years old Written bycooziemonster1234 January 7, 2012

Spongebob is sorta edgy, but fine for kids

There is a bar, bar fights, Spongebob gets drunk of ice cream and has a 'hangover', bare buttocks, a city burning down, Plankton uses people as slaves, lots of frightening scenes for very small kids. But overall it is a very silly and entertaining kids movie. I would be careful if you have a sensitive child though.
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2011

spongebob squarepants is fine

spongebob sqaurepants is a great show for kids nothing is wrong with it very rarely spongebob and patrick show their behind .spongebob is a good role model because his often the caring one. patrick is funny by just acting stupid
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 13, 2011

the best movie ever

this is the best movie i watched in my lifetime. spongebob uses his courage and faces his fears to get king neptunes crown
Teen, 13 years old Written bymockingjay99 December 7, 2011

Funny for kids of any age!

I thought this movie was hilarious. Young kids will not understand most of the "inappropriate" jokes (like when he is drunk... ON ICE CREAM. If your kid is old enough to understand what being drunk is, he probably knows it's a JOKE), if you're worried about that. Some characters smoke and drink beer, but the whole point of the movie is to be proud to be a kid and not grow up too quickly. No cursing, just some insults (i'm sure they've heard worse). In one part of the movie Sponge Bob says "freakin'" but in a song, where i could barely understand what he was saying (I only realized he said that because I had the subtitles on). And someone who said it wasn't for TWEENS???? U serious?? And when spongebob drops his pants, he is just a yellow square sponge. And when patrick is "naked" its just his butt, which they show on every other Spongebob Squarepants episode. Nothing else. As far as the violence goes, it's just a bunch of cartoon monsters chasing them in a comedic way. No one gets hurt. In fact, they end up dancing and singing together. Anyone can watch it!!!
Kid, 12 years old October 17, 2011

LOVE IT! :)

I love the movie and that's my show! Nobody can be dissing on my Spongey bob! :)
Kid, 11 years old October 9, 2011

now that we're men, we can get a good review

One of my favorite TV-licensed movies. A great pick for SpongeBob fans or newcoming viewers. They will both love its great show-like humor, its legendary music, and its heart-pounding adventure. A good pick for any kids show junkie, diehard or not.
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2011

Come on, it's fine!

This is completely fine. Kids that it will appeal to would not be alert enough to see all of these things. Trust me, I watched this movie at the age of 6, and all I thought was: "Haha, Spongebob is acting silly after eating lots of ice cream!" and "Haha, Spongebob's butt!" This will not be a bad influence on your children!
Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2011

OMG!

I think its a great childhood movie about compasion and understanding! I like it and im 12
Kid, 10 years old August 14, 2011

Wow..

I could not BELIEVE the amount of cuss words, violence and even sexual content there is in this movie! 9+! Never let you're 5 year olds watch this, my little cousin who is excatly 5 got scared! I do have to say though, I love this family movie. :P
Kid, 10 years old August 8, 2011

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie

*Violence- Pause- Action, peril, and at a bar, tough guys punches each other in the face. * Sexy Stuff- On- Some flirting. *Language- On- Rude language. * Drinking, Drugs, Or Smoking- Pause- Spongebob and Patric gets really hyper when they ate so much ice cream and they act like they were drunk, In 1 scene, guys at a bar were drunk and they were smoking, at the bar, it had beer, cigarettes, and alcohol. * The good stuff- * Positive Messages- 3 out of 5- Compassion, loyalty, and being yourself. * Positive Role Models- 1 out of of 5- Mindy is a good role model.
Kid, 8 years old July 25, 2011

The sponge

good
Kid, 9 years old July 14, 2011

GREAT MOVIE!

Patrick and Spongebob are good role models, they never give up. Well actually, they did, but Princess Mindy convinced them that they were men. (Lied to them, used her "Mermaid Magic" to give them mustaches, which were actually just seaweed.) Dennis is a hitman that was hired to kill Spongebob and Patrick. He tried to make Spongebob commit suicide when they were on David Hasselhoff (They found Neptune's crown, David Hasselhoff as himself gives them a ride to Bikini Bottom. Dennis temporarily catches up to Spongebob and Patrick. Dennis tries to convince Spongebob that he -Dennis- always get's what he wants, and tells Spongebob "Give it up, Kid." and Spongebob looks down at the water. He yells "NEVER!" and jumps onto David's other leg.) Also, Spongebob and Patrick get drunk on ice cream, Spongebob yells at Mr.Krabs for not making HIM the manager, and for making Squidward the manager of the Krusty Krab 2 instead. Spongebob and Patrick go to a bar, and they almost get beat up, but instead someone else gets beat up because the other person sung the Goofy Goober theme song. When Spongebob was losing confedence, and he dies (temporarily) I started crying. The end of the movie is great! Spongebob sings the Goofy Goober theme song rock style, and he becomes the manager of the Krusty Krab 2. One more thing: There was, in fact, the word 'damning'. Grow up people! The movie was NOT filled with cuss words.