All member reviews for The Sword in the Stone

Delightful classic brings Arthur legend to life.

Adult Written byadvocatewhat'sright December 26, 2012

Another innocent classic with an underdog moral.

I love this movie. It's one of the great Disney movies from when Walt Disney was still alive. It really shows. Disney doesn't make 'em like this anymore. Nothing violent or scary. No drinking. No bad language. No explicit sex. No product placement. Just a great feel-good movie. In my top 12. 9.5/10
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Really Good Kids Movie

Animated
Parent of a 8 year old Written bylibrarian4little1s April 9, 2008

Delightful!

My five-year-old adores knights and he loved this. I am extremely selective about what he sees, and can really say that this film is unique in the sea of kid's film. Great music, plot, message, language, humor, everything. I recommend it highly!!
Parent Written byanna4391 September 13, 2014

Good, not great, maybe scary for preschoolers

My 4 year olds thought a few parts were funny (whenever Arthur was changed into an animal, for instance), but the plot itself was not terribly interesting to them. They also found some scenes to be a little scary, especially the scenes involving the witch and when Arthur-the-fish is almost eaten by a toothy fish. Nothing too bad, but I thought the story ended rather abruptly, and it wasn't clear to me that my kids recognized that Arthur had "earned" the throne in the end. I think perhaps kindergartners might get a bit more out of this. My other issue is when the witch shape-shifts into a buxom beauty for a few moments and talks about how she now looks "beautiful." The new form she's taken has a 4" waist and seriously gigantic breasts, and I thought that part was a bit overdone and wasn't sending my daughters any great messages.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 10, 2009

Wihtout a doubt the least creative and accomplished of the animated features made by Walt Disney.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Great original Disney Classic!!!

Fantastic, humorous, and highly entertaining film about what King Arthur was taught to make him a great ruler. Great for kids and adults alike! Fantastic family movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 9, 2011

Ye Olde Disney Movie Has Several Life Lessons

Other than a scene in which a pike nearly catches Arthur, and Madame Mim's Dragon form (Not nearly as scary as Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty) nothing's overly scary or violent in this movie. Merlin teaches Wart about love, gravity, and most of all the importance of an education.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written byabchis November 17, 2009

Sweet, simple, old fashioned story

Sweet, simple story that doesn't stray too far from the original, with nice songs and magic. Not a great favourite, but fewer (and not very) scary bits than most Disney movies. Shame Wart (to become King Arthur) has an American accent!!
Adult Written byPandy831 April 9, 2008

I love it, but it's not a blockbuster

There is magic and some violence with the witch and even the mistreatment of Arthur. Parents should always watch something WITH their child to explain any iffy content.
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2009

if u bought the movie......

if u bought the movie throw it away it's no good.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

this movie rocks!!

one of the only movies that still feels magical.. there is some wizard dueling, possibly scary scenes w/ fish and the usual evil enemy, but this movie is tons of fun!!
Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i laughed

My kids have this movie & they like it.

daddy long legs 11 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

great great for all ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008