All member reviews for The Terminal

Lovely and well worth sharing with your family.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion March 21, 2009

A Charming Family Comedy/Drama...

THE TERMINAL isn't really a movie about one thing. It's a fish-out-of-water comedy, a romance, a quirky character study, and an inspiring fable. All of these things play out wonderfully, and though I was a bit disappointed with one part of the end, I highly enjoyed it. Really, this movie should probably be rated PG. Language is mild: a few "a*s"s and "s**t"s, and in one scene Hanks repeatedly says the word "cheat" and it is muddled to sound like "s**t" (played for comic effect). The Zeta-Jones character has an affair with a married man, so there are some mild references to adultery. She says she would quit, but she wishes "the sex wasn't so amazing". There are some illegal drugs contained in airplane packages, but none are used. This is as sweet a family movie I've ever seen, and it's less racy than a lot of PG rated movies. Highly recommended.
Teen, 13 years old Written byChristopher K August 7, 2009

Surprisingly Good

This is very different from the average Tom Hanks movie, (Tom Hanks plays a Russian who knows very little English.) I considered it a bit funny and even a little touching at the end! I didn't think it was slow at any time despite the storyline. Sexual content is not a problem, nor is language or message.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Right mix of emotions

Spielberg did a great job eliciting a wide range of emotions from the viewer in this film. There are tense moments, touching moments, sad moments, and funny moments - lots of funny ones! It's too bad the S word appears a few times - when it does it's funny for adults, but not appropriate for kids. Otherwise I think this could be PG. There's no nudity, sexual innundeo, violence, or other bad stuff you get in so many movies. Go and take your older kids with you!
Parent of a 1, 10, and 10 year old Written byMaggieTT August 24, 2014

This is a sweet, lovely film

A smattering of adult language (@ss) and a humorous "who's on first" type conversation in which a person with an Eastern European accent says of a cheating spouse, "he chit" (with a ch sound that's pretty close to a sh sound). References to a flight attendant having an affair with a married man. But otherwise a lovely film by Steven Spielberg, starring Tom Hanks, Penelope Cruz, and some favorite character actors. With an overall great message about the importance of having a positive attitude in the face of setbacks and of focusing on people to help and connect with them. Really enjoyed watching this with my 10 year olds, even if they are now walking around making up reasons to say "he chit at that game!" etc.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski November 9, 2012

Nothing special here, but still worth a watch

This movie got some really bad reviews, but I think its ok. I'm not surprised this website thinks so highly of it, since there's not a hint of violence or sex,....or reality. Still its not a bad little movie, maybe just a tad bit too long.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 14, 2011

Easilly Spielberg's most low-brow film is touching, sad

The Terminal is very easily Steven Spielberg's most low-brow and simple plotted film, and all the good for it, which is very nice considering the fact that at the time when it was released into theaters in the summer of 2004, he had made so many (and would continue to do so far past this film) sci-fi\action\war movie blockbusters that he hadn't really made a very simple minded movie, so it was about time. Tom Hanks is utterly brilliant and hilarious as Victor Navorski, who is trapped in a airport for weeks on end, and at first, he is confused and depressed, not to mention sad that his home country has been taken over by terrorists and he can not go back until the war official blows over back there, but soon manages to make the lives of the various workers at the airport better and happier. The only reasons that this movie was Rated PG-13 was because of: frequent moderate profanity but no F-words, infrequent sexual references and a couple scenes of drug paraphernalia. Besides that, this movie is easily a yes when it comes to watching it with your family. Reccomended.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySkyrock5 February 27, 2011

Comedic and Persevering

The film was very funny and full of perseverance. Viktor Navorsky plays a "Krakozhian" (a republic invented for the purpose of the film), who speaks Bulgarian. He is trying to get to America but cannot be released as his country is at war. This was based on true story, but is not at all dramatic or sad. It could be described as a light comedy, and I strongly advise you see it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan613 August 10, 2009

Good, wholehearted movie but drags on a bit

The Terminal is a pretty good movie. There are some humor moments and somewhat funny scenes, but towards the end the movie seemed to drag on a bit. There are also lots of brand name companies mentioned and seen in the film, like Burger King, Nike, Borders Books, Discovery, etc. Other than that I'd give The Terminal an A-.
Teen, 13 years old Written byactiongirl95 May 3, 2009

Its ok to watch but it was a really stupid movie

Ok well this movie is fine there no sexual content but it was really stupid and really wasnt all that good i almost fell asleep watching it!!
Adult Written byBlurbie April 9, 2008

GOOD AS!

This movie was so good! Okay, yeah, it had a slow opening and I was about to walk off...but something kept me watching and I'm so glad I watched it!! It's a great movie with a few laughs and it's actually based on a true story! Go and see it - it's great!
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

A good messege in the movie and great family film.

Don't listen to the PG-13 rating this movie should atleast be rated PG the most is a referance to drugs there are much more intense movies then that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCesy April 9, 2008

me and my mom and my dad saw it when it first came out. i liked it, but my mom didn't. i'm not shure about my dad.

a brillant film.

this is a proper film. it's not full of guns and car chases, actually, the complete opposite. it's quite sad and you feel really sorry for the guy. this film is brilliantly directed and tom hanks' acting is brilliant. a happy ending and a brilliant film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzinnia25 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

I say....

Good movie. For the most part its clean enough for those 11 and up yet its also slow and in some places boring if you like to think this is a good movie. If you are looking for plain entertainment, you may want to look for somthing else.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

A good movie. Not totally enjoyable, but a good movie

Adult Written bygarfield2711 April 9, 2008

Loved this movie. Great for your kids.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Lovely movie

This is a lovely movie for parents and tweens. Younger children probably won't really be interested in what is going on. There is nothing inappropriate in it. It changes between funny and sad, and is a perfect movie for a movie night with your kids.