All member reviews for The Terminal

Teen, 13 years old Written byChristopher K August 7, 2009

Surprisingly Good

This is very different from the average Tom Hanks movie, (Tom Hanks plays a Russian who knows very little English.) I considered it a bit funny and even a little touching at the end! I didn't think it was slow at any time despite the storyline. Sexual content is not a problem, nor is language or message.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn December 14, 2011

Easilly Spielberg's most low-brow film is touching, sad

The Terminal is very easily Steven Spielberg's most low-brow and simple plotted film, and all the good for it, which is very nice considering the fact that at the time when it was released into theaters in the summer of 2004, he had made so many (and would continue to do so far past this film) sci-fi\action\war movie blockbusters that he hadn't really made a very simple minded movie, so it was about time. Tom Hanks is utterly brilliant and hilarious as Victor Navorski, who is trapped in a airport for weeks on end, and at first, he is confused and depressed, not to mention sad that his home country has been taken over by terrorists and he can not go back until the war official blows over back there, but soon manages to make the lives of the various workers at the airport better and happier. The only reasons that this movie was Rated PG-13 was because of: frequent moderate profanity but no F-words, infrequent sexual references and a couple scenes of drug paraphernalia. Besides that, this movie is easily a yes when it comes to watching it with your family. Reccomended.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySkyrock5 February 27, 2011

Comedic and Persevering

The film was very funny and full of perseverance. Viktor Navorsky plays a "Krakozhian" (a republic invented for the purpose of the film), who speaks Bulgarian. He is trying to get to America but cannot be released as his country is at war. This was based on true story, but is not at all dramatic or sad. It could be described as a light comedy, and I strongly advise you see it!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviefan613 August 10, 2009

Good, wholehearted movie but drags on a bit

The Terminal is a pretty good movie. There are some humor moments and somewhat funny scenes, but towards the end the movie seemed to drag on a bit. There are also lots of brand name companies mentioned and seen in the film, like Burger King, Nike, Borders Books, Discovery, etc. Other than that I'd give The Terminal an A-.
Teen, 13 years old Written byactiongirl95 May 3, 2009

Its ok to watch but it was a really stupid movie

Ok well this movie is fine there no sexual content but it was really stupid and really wasnt all that good i almost fell asleep watching it!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

A good messege in the movie and great family film.

Don't listen to the PG-13 rating this movie should atleast be rated PG the most is a referance to drugs there are much more intense movies then that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCesy April 9, 2008

me and my mom and my dad saw it when it first came out. i liked it, but my mom didn't. i'm not shure about my dad.

a brillant film.

this is a proper film. it's not full of guns and car chases, actually, the complete opposite. it's quite sad and you feel really sorry for the guy. this film is brilliantly directed and tom hanks' acting is brilliant. a happy ending and a brilliant film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzinnia25 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

I say....

Good movie. For the most part its clean enough for those 11 and up yet its also slow and in some places boring if you like to think this is a good movie. If you are looking for plain entertainment, you may want to look for somthing else.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

A good movie. Not totally enjoyable, but a good movie

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Lovely movie

This is a lovely movie for parents and tweens. Younger children probably won't really be interested in what is going on. There is nothing inappropriate in it. It changes between funny and sad, and is a perfect movie for a movie night with your kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Great Comedy/Drama with good lessons

(I am 13, not 12, whatever my introduction says) This movie was really fun to watch and very interesting. It is a great lesson about our (stupid) foreign affairs policy and about tolerence. Not much bad in it, except some drug stuff... Krakozia!

OUTSTANDING FILM GREAT FOR ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good movie fine for anyone over the age of 10 or 11. Viktor Navorski lives in krakozhia (Кракозия or Кракожия)and is on a plane to America whie on the plane krakozhian government is overthrown and goes to war not letting anyone in the country. While in America Viktor has no visa or passport and can not go to New York or go back home so he has to live in the terminal. Great film! The Terminal Tom Hanks,Catherine Zeta-Jones,and Stanley Tucci as Frank Dixon Directed by Steven Spielberg
Teen, 13 years old Written byAnimeAngel13 April 9, 2008

One of my fave movies :D

Excellent movie! :) It was very funny and a little sad(4 me). My WHOLE family(including me)love the movie! We never get tired of watching it!