Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byloghlr July 22, 2014

Skip the sex scene at 81 minutes and an 11-year-old can watch it

Skipping the sex scene takes nothing away from the movie, and it made it ok for my 10-year-old. He loved it. There is a lot of swearing, but we're getting used to that and he's not picking it up at all from these movies.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJosh Lambert October 3, 2010

This is the Real, Truthful Review

Great Movie but definitely a high R movie..........there is one seen where breasts are fully vissible. Violence is gory, and language is pervasive. Recommended rating R: For Bloody Sequences of Action Violence, a scene of sexuality/nudity, and pervasive language, and a scene of drug content not very noticeable but the Terminator takes weed
Parent of a 10 year old Written bybgbio September 28, 2010
Parents must judge whether or not their child's behavior will be effected by this movie, it is really a judgment call because the movie is very good but probably suited more for young adults.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2015

Classic 80s hit is not for the faint hearted.

Parents need to know this film has extreme violence and constant swearing. The movie itself is amazing. The story is about a machine that time travels from the future to kill Sarah Conner and preventing her from having a son she hasn't had yet. The violence is extreme, frequent and bloody. There are a lot of guns and shooting in the film. The shooting is bloody but brief. There are also multiple graphic scenes. One scene in particular is very intense, it contains the terminator pulling out his eye ball (which I was not allowed to watch as even my parents thought it was disguisting). I guess it was very bloody. The swearing is frequent many uses of f*** , s*** and a**hole there is also some uses of m*****f***er. There is one sex scene that shows butts and breasts the scene is also very short. Overall the film is very intense and thrilling. I highly recommend supervision for all kids up to 15, kids 10 and under should not watch this film.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2009
Parent Written bysimplynotnuts July 1, 2013

Great Sci Fi Script!

The movie is a classic science fiction tale that has a homicidal robot from the future time travel to the past to exterminate the savior of humankind from the dominance of machines and ultimate extinction. Other reviews are harsh and see not redeeming value to this movie which is baffling to me. There is a positive message that every action affects the future and even unsuspecting youths may have gigantic contributions to the fabric of time and reality, i.e. behavior really matters. Fairly explicit love scene where an idealistic man travels across time to protect the only woman he has ever loved. Not so bad in my book.
Adult Written byjesus3boy May 28, 2009
it shows two people having sex with the motions of it and naked breasts. without that its awesome!!! if you dont mind some strong language and violence
Parent Written byDuncanDerund August 30, 2014

Sci-Fi

Violence is body count is about 50 people and lots of guns and knifes. There is extremely terrific performances with some sexuality and f*ck d*mn c*ck sh*t a*s. Some extreme violence 12+ I think this should be R for high and crude body count and sexuality including some explicit dialogue and language.
Parent Written byWaldorfparent February 18, 2013

Be aware of fondling

I do not agree with the age 14 rating. Naked breasts are seen fondled during a love making scene. Isn't that usually an R rating?
Kid, 9 years old November 22, 2012

look down

This movie was great; me and my brother(6) watched it and I loved it, it was our first R-Rated movie so i was super excited to be seeing it. My dad comes down and says "whatcha watchin'?" and i am like "The Terminator" and my dad is like lemme go get some popcorn I love this movie it's awesome!" and i was thinking wow! dad approves this!?! my dad is cooler than i thought! :D when i come up Austin is like hey mom we saw our first R-Rated movie with dad! and my mom is like "What movie?" and i said " we watched Terminator with dad it was awesomely amazing!" my mom is like okay now i know you like these movies get "Total Recall" and "The Sixth Sense" from Netflix you'll love those movies!
Adult Written bybun39 September 24, 2011

Terminator is alright

The terminator is a good movie, with all sorts of action and fighting. There is quite some language, and a couple of scenes where Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese have sex. But my mom covered my eyes and fast forwarded that scene. Other than that, it's a good movie.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

I WILL BE BACK, TO DO MORE REVIEWS ABOUT MOVIES!!!

A Few arnold buttcheeks, and one extremely super QUICK sex scene! but other than that this film is a classic! WARNING! does have graphic violence and graphic language, but who cares!
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008
Extremly brutal. Adults Only.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiscordzrocks July 17, 2015

A classic

Well....Its quite violent and swearing but no nudity it was just sex But it's a classic and doesn't look real (like jaws)
Parent Written byAvp December 31, 2014
Violance 4/5 sex 4/5 language 4/5 15 + great movie
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2014

AR4U Cert: 18

Contains strong bloody violence, sex, sexualised nudity, language, some drink and drug references and very strong menace.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJustJulia09 May 4, 2011

Excellent movie, but not for my 10yr old

The only alcohol use was in a bar. No drunkards or abusing. The ONLY 2 reasons I don't recommend it to anyone under 17, are the 2 small sexual explicit scenes. Sarah's roommate, Ginger & boyfriend then Sarah Connor & Reese who end up conceiving John.
Parent Written byGeorge Robson March 2, 2016

The terminator

The terminator is a classic action syfi film with a lot of violence,sex and language. There are several f**ks and s**ts and one sex scene and you see the women's breasts. The violence is bloody and several people are shot dead.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2014

AWESOME

this is a really really good movie. it is about a girl named Sara Conner and a machine from 2029 is sent to kill her to prevent the birth of John Connor a human rebellion leader in 2029.in 2029 is a raging war that is terminator vs human.But then Kyle Reese a guy from 2029 is sent to protect Sara. Kyle is John's dad. the whole movie takes place in 1989. i personlly think terminator 2 is better though because it is about john and his mom and a good terminator trying to help the escape from a bad terminator (in the 2nd one john conner is kind of cute ;) PARENTS there is one sex scene with naked boobs present and you see them.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 25, 2014

The grandaddy of Ahhnald action movies

This may take away some of my movie buff points, but I don't really care for disposable 80s movies with the likes of Sly Stallone, Steven Seagal and Mr. Schwarzenegger. They're essentially big budget B-movies, but I knew that I had to catch up on my homework and finally watch "The Terminator." An absolute classic, the special effects here are revolutionary for the time, and Linda Hamilton comes off some times a bit too much like a damsel in distress, it's still good acting. This might be Arnold's perfect role because his lines are limited, and his menacing, blank glare works to his effect because...well...he's not a good actor. The story intrigued me, the movie's drenched in 80's nostalgia...it's definitely the cream of the crop of Schwarzenegger's career. There's a lot of bloody violence however, and a surprising amount of sex.