All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Parent of a 10 year old Written bybgbio September 28, 2010

Parents must judge whether or not their child's behavior will be effected by this movie, it is really a judgment call because the movie is very good but probably suited more for young adults.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJosh Lambert October 3, 2010

This is the Real, Truthful Review

Great Movie but definitely a high R movie..........there is one seen where breasts are fully vissible. Violence is gory, and language is pervasive. Recommended rating R: For Bloody Sequences of Action Violence, a scene of sexuality/nudity, and pervasive language, and a scene of drug content not very noticeable but the Terminator takes weed
Adult Written bybun39 September 24, 2011

Terminator is alright

The terminator is a good movie, with all sorts of action and fighting. There is quite some language, and a couple of scenes where Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese have sex. But my mom covered my eyes and fast forwarded that scene. Other than that, it's a good movie.
Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2010

Awesome.

Great movie, but there are some things to be worried about (extremely graphic explosions, the terminator is shown ripping his false eye out and cutting open his false arm to reveal his robotic parts, nudity, and the strong language).
Teen, 15 years old Written byhansolo5150 May 1, 2011

An amazing, yet cheesy, 80's Sci-Fi flick. NOT for younger kids!

I just recently finished The Terminator. It was my first "Terminator" movie, so no comparisons to any of the sequels. This one is a bit of a mixed bag. Even for a movie from 1984, this one is cheesy. I guess I shouldn't have expected different however, considering the plot. Despite that, it is still a very dark, very tense, and very good movie. I absolutely loved it. :) Violence: Wow, where do I begin? To start off, over 30 people are seen killed in this film, and a soldier sent to the past speaks of almost everyone dying, and himself and a few others being kept alive to man the body dumping units, which he says "ran day and night". The 30+ people killed were all victims of the "Terminator", almost all of which were killed using various types of guns, while the very first victim had his heart ripped out onscreen (yes, you read right). One other victim was killed when "Terminator" ran him over with a car, while the man was still sitting at his office desk (still reading correctly). Scattered throughout the movie are flashs to the future that the "Terminator" was sent from, a horrific, war-torn future. Skulls litter the ground, and at one point, a female soldier is shot with a laser gun-armed machine, and is blown to pieces, literally. Sexual Content: At the very beginning of the movie, when the "Terminator" appears, he is completely nude, and his buttocks are clearly visible. Immediately following this, Kyle Reese, a soldier from the future, appears, also nude, though nothing sensitive is seen. Closer to the end of the movie, Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner have sex, and her breasts are shown. Language: Several uses of f*** scattered thoughout the movie, including one from "Terminator" which surprised me, seeing as it is a machine. Also a few uses of s***, a**hole, and lesser words. No product placement that I noticed, though I don't usually care about that. No noticeable drinking or drug use, though there is one comical scene where a police chief asks for a cigarette while he is already holding one. That about covers it. Enjoy!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 January 9, 2011

AMAZING!!!

I'm 14 and I absolutely love the first Terminator. I've probably seen it fifteen times. It keeps you hooked and it has action, suspense, a little romance, and it's actually more thought-provoking than it has the reputation of being.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010

Oy, James Cameron showed his knack of making explicit movies for today back in only 1984. Excellent movie.
Adult Written byjesus3boy May 28, 2009

it shows two people having sex with the motions of it and naked breasts. without that its awesome!!! if you dont mind some strong language and violence
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

Extremly brutal. Adults Only.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCraig tucker April 18, 2015

Caution

Warning! this film is dark do not show it to younger kids. I saw this movie when I was 9 and it scared the living daylights outta me at the end
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2015

Parent dont be alarmed by common sense

This is a great movie to share with kids. Don't be alarmed by the R rating they didn't have pg-13 in the 80s so they had to rate it R so basically what I am trying to say is that it is pg-13. But is kinda violent. Nudity is just butt when Arnold Schwarzenegger telaports to the time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byskwunkel March 28, 2015

ALOT of violence. Contains bear bum and breasts. Some sexual content and swearing. Ok. To sum up in 3 word - "Jaws with Robot".
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 February 14, 2015

Sci-fi action film is dark, violent, has cursing and sex.

This sci-fi classic is over rated in my opinion, but it is a must see for all fans of science fiction, action and suspense. The plot is simple, but entertaining. The effects are outdated, but this is 1984. There is rather gory violence, with multiple wounds from shotguns, assault rifles, grenades and an explosion. There is some cursing, not as much as most UK 15s, but a fair amount all the same (sh-t, f-ck, -ss ect). There is also a sex scene 2/3s of the way through, and although no private parts are shown, you see breasts on more than one occasion.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCgd0911 February 6, 2015

Good but violent.

The terminator might be awesome for teens and older Tweens, this is a bit iffy for them for these reasons: Violence: The violence level is at the PG-13 level, but still has blood in many scenes, though with no gore. However, there is a scene that's a bit gory with the terminator plucking his damaged eye out with the flesh attracting flys ( the reason he wears those sunglasses). Besides that, charactors are beat, stabbed, shot, and blown up repeatingly with many minor and even most of the secondary and main charactors getting constantly and instantly killed. A scary scene shows the terminator crawling towards the injured main charactor. Some dark post-apokoliptic imagery with skulls being crushed and cars & buildings being destroyed. There are many chase scenes on foot and in cars with charactors in constant peril. Sex: One of the earliest scenes show the terminator naked, and though it is to dark and shadow filled to see his privates, his butt is shown. Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese are shown making love from the waist up, and her breasts are briefly shown. When charactors time travel, they must be naked. Language: The languge is colorful, with words including sh*t, f*ck you, and asshole. Consumerism: none Drugs drinking and smoking: some drinking and smoking, but it is not a big focus. My rating: R, for violence, sexual content, brief nudity and some language.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

In my top 3 best films, but not for everyone

Terminator is a masterpiece. It's not that bad for an R movie (Heck, where I am it's the equivalent of a PG-13). There is some bloody violence, a man's heart is ripped out, quite a few blood squirts. The Terminator is a relentless killing machine who murders innocent people without caring at all. There is a total of 9 F bombs, not too bad. There is a long sex scene, however this is important to the story as it results in the baby being born who causes the events of the movie in the first place (My dad tried fast forwarding through this scene when I first saw it, rest of the series doesn't make sense without it). There's not too much drugs or smoking, very mild there. The terminator skeleton may scare young children, however by today's standards it looks easily fake.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2015

Epic classic but too violent for young kids

I think The Terminator is a great movie.Yes, it's Rated R but it's fine for older ones.You have to know if your kid is mature enough to watch this. There is a lot of swearing,blood and gore, and too much intense violence. In the beginning you see Kyle Reese and The Terminator naked. Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor in another seen have sex. You can fast forward that scene then it's fine. Hope this helps.
Parent Written byAvp December 31, 2014

Violance 4/5 sex 4/5 language 4/5 15 + great movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan December 21, 2014

The Terminator movie review

"The Terminator" is a legendary science fiction film that was viewed as a masterpiece. Most professional film critics think this movie is better than its only excellent sequel. As much as I like "The Terminator", I think it is slightly overrated. There is one only thing I found wrong with the film and the issue is a big one. In the concept of time travel, the past has to happen in order for the future to do so. However, the movie uses elements from the future to make the past happen. That is a big loop that I don't think works. Other than that one problem, this movie is fantastic. "The Terminator" feels like a horror movie sometimes. Michael Biehn gives the best performance in the entire movie. He brings a sense of realism to his character. The action for the time was very good and I think the movie ages very well. I enjoyed "The Terminator" quite a bit. Besides the one time problem, the story itself is very interesting and riveting. I personally enjoy "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" more than "The Terminator", but that doesn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the film. I give "The Terminator" a 4.5/5 stars. It is a great movie and worth checking out.
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2014

AR4U Cert: 18

Contains strong bloody violence, sex, sexualised nudity, language, some drink and drug references and very strong menace.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2014

I loved this movie!

I saw this with my mom last night. For the sex part, I just stared at the ceiling for most of it. The violence was super cool! My dad has been joking about it for ages, saying stuff like I'll be back and Sarah Collins? This movie is about a man who goes back in time to save a woman, Sarah Collins. He is saving Sarah from a terminator who goes back in time to kill her. The terminator wishes to kill her because her son will led rebellions against the computers who have taken over in 2029. They flee, the police being useless. The terminator will stop at nothing to "terminate" Sarah Collins. Sarah thinks the savior, Kyle, is following hr at first. But when she learns of the terminator, she begins to see he has been trying to help her. They go to a motel where the Kyle and Sarah fall in love. They kiss a lot, and have sex. (ceiling time) Then, there are a lot of fights with guns. The violence is awesome! I loved this movie. im gonna try and watch it agai