All member reviews for The Terminator

Parent of a 10 year old Written byloghlr July 22, 2014

Skip the sex scene at 81 minutes and an 11-year-old can watch it

Skipping the sex scene takes nothing away from the movie, and it made it ok for my 10-year-old. He loved it. There is a lot of swearing, but we're getting used to that and he's not picking it up at all from these movies.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bybgbio September 28, 2010

Parents must judge whether or not their child's behavior will be effected by this movie, it is really a judgment call because the movie is very good but probably suited more for young adults.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJosh Lambert October 3, 2010

This is the Real, Truthful Review

Great Movie but definitely a high R movie..........there is one seen where breasts are fully vissible. Violence is gory, and language is pervasive. Recommended rating R: For Bloody Sequences of Action Violence, a scene of sexuality/nudity, and pervasive language, and a scene of drug content not very noticeable but the Terminator takes weed
Kid, 12 years old December 2, 2014

AR4U Cert: 18

Contains strong bloody violence, sex, sexualised nudity, language, some drink and drug references and very strong menace.
Parent Written bysimplynotnuts July 1, 2013

Great Sci Fi Script!

The movie is a classic science fiction tale that has a homicidal robot from the future time travel to the past to exterminate the savior of humankind from the dominance of machines and ultimate extinction. Other reviews are harsh and see not redeeming value to this movie which is baffling to me. There is a positive message that every action affects the future and even unsuspecting youths may have gigantic contributions to the fabric of time and reality, i.e. behavior really matters. Fairly explicit love scene where an idealistic man travels across time to protect the only woman he has ever loved. Not so bad in my book.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2014

AWESOME

this is a really really good movie. it is about a girl named Sara Conner and a machine from 2029 is sent to kill her to prevent the birth of John Connor a human rebellion leader in 2029.in 2029 is a raging war that is terminator vs human.But then Kyle Reese a guy from 2029 is sent to protect Sara. Kyle is John's dad. the whole movie takes place in 1989. i personlly think terminator 2 is better though because it is about john and his mom and a good terminator trying to help the escape from a bad terminator (in the 2nd one john conner is kind of cute ;) PARENTS there is one sex scene with naked boobs present and you see them.
Adult Written bybun39 September 24, 2011

Terminator is alright

The terminator is a good movie, with all sorts of action and fighting. There is quite some language, and a couple of scenes where Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese have sex. But my mom covered my eyes and fast forwarded that scene. Other than that, it's a good movie.
Kid, 12 years old September 11, 2010

Awesome.

Great movie, but there are some things to be worried about (extremely graphic explosions, the terminator is shown ripping his false eye out and cutting open his false arm to reveal his robotic parts, nudity, and the strong language).
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

Extremly brutal. Adults Only.
Parent Written byDuncanDerund August 30, 2014

Sci-Fi

Violence is body count is about 50 people and lots of guns and knifes. There is extremely terrific performances with some sexuality and f*ck d*mn c*ck sh*t a*s. Some extreme violence 12+ I think this should be R for high and crude body count and sexuality including some explicit dialogue and language.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 25, 2014

The grandaddy of Ahhnald action movies

This may take away some of my movie buff points, but I don't really care for disposable 80s movies with the likes of Sly Stallone, Steven Seagal and Mr. Schwarzenegger. They're essentially big budget B-movies, but I knew that I had to catch up on my homework and finally watch "The Terminator." An absolute classic, the special effects here are revolutionary for the time, and Linda Hamilton comes off some times a bit too much like a damsel in distress, it's still good acting. This might be Arnold's perfect role because his lines are limited, and his menacing, blank glare works to his effect because...well...he's not a good actor. The story intrigued me, the movie's drenched in 80's nostalgia...it's definitely the cream of the crop of Schwarzenegger's career. There's a lot of bloody violence however, and a surprising amount of sex.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Amazing, just a largely awkward sex scene

I was watching and it was amazing, great story with amazingly realistically unrealistic violence with a robot vs man theory. WARNING abrupt sex
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2013

NO NOT FOR KIDS ONLY TEENS AND ADULTS

this movie will scare kids pre teens and young teens. the scene where he cuts his eye you will scare kids and there is a sex scene.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybalto the hero July 24, 2012

don't show it to your kids and teens

Not okay for kids and teens. but for adults. it's a good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhansolo5150 May 1, 2011

An amazing, yet cheesy, 80's Sci-Fi flick. NOT for younger kids!

I just recently finished The Terminator. It was my first "Terminator" movie, so no comparisons to any of the sequels. This one is a bit of a mixed bag. Even for a movie from 1984, this one is cheesy. I guess I shouldn't have expected different however, considering the plot. Despite that, it is still a very dark, very tense, and very good movie. I absolutely loved it. :) Violence: Wow, where do I begin? To start off, over 30 people are seen killed in this film, and a soldier sent to the past speaks of almost everyone dying, and himself and a few others being kept alive to man the body dumping units, which he says "ran day and night". The 30+ people killed were all victims of the "Terminator", almost all of which were killed using various types of guns, while the very first victim had his heart ripped out onscreen (yes, you read right). One other victim was killed when "Terminator" ran him over with a car, while the man was still sitting at his office desk (still reading correctly). Scattered throughout the movie are flashs to the future that the "Terminator" was sent from, a horrific, war-torn future. Skulls litter the ground, and at one point, a female soldier is shot with a laser gun-armed machine, and is blown to pieces, literally. Sexual Content: At the very beginning of the movie, when the "Terminator" appears, he is completely nude, and his buttocks are clearly visible. Immediately following this, Kyle Reese, a soldier from the future, appears, also nude, though nothing sensitive is seen. Closer to the end of the movie, Kyle Reese and Sarah Conner have sex, and her breasts are shown. Language: Several uses of f*** scattered thoughout the movie, including one from "Terminator" which surprised me, seeing as it is a machine. Also a few uses of s***, a**hole, and lesser words. No product placement that I noticed, though I don't usually care about that. No noticeable drinking or drug use, though there is one comical scene where a police chief asks for a cigarette while he is already holding one. That about covers it. Enjoy!
Teen, 16 years old Written bylizzie3276 January 9, 2011

AMAZING!!!

I'm 14 and I absolutely love the first Terminator. I've probably seen it fifteen times. It keeps you hooked and it has action, suspense, a little romance, and it's actually more thought-provoking than it has the reputation of being.
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2010

Oy, James Cameron showed his knack of making explicit movies for today back in only 1984. Excellent movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA December 22, 2009

Good movie, but "Classic Action Film" might be a bit much.

Perhaps "The Terminator"'s reputation as a "Classic Action Film" led me to expect a bit too much from this movie. Now don't get me wrong, this is a good movie, and I did enjoy it. It just wasn't as incredible and jaw dropping as most people have said it is. Had I watched this and never heard of it before, I probably would have given it four stars. However, seeing as my expectations were very high, and it let me down a little bit, I'm giving it three stars.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2009

Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

I WILL BE BACK, TO DO MORE REVIEWS ABOUT MOVIES!!!

A Few arnold buttcheeks, and one extremely super QUICK sex scene! but other than that this film is a classic! WARNING! does have graphic violence and graphic language, but who cares!