All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Adult Written bymlb444 June 28, 2009

great action flick

Great actionn movie but the language was pretty strong. Like its pretty much F BOMBS. And 1 sex scene that show a quick flash of breasts but we all have to see them some times in our lives. But this hopefully dosnt stop ur teens from seeing this truely good classic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byT-Rod January 9, 2011

"I'll be back."

This is one of those really good quotable movies. Seriously, some people know these lines but have never even SEEN the movie. "F*ck you, *sshole." "Come with me if you want to live." "You're terminated, f*cker!" "That son of a b*tch took my pants!" But the most famous line(one that Arnold had actually used before in COMMANDO), "I'll be back." Yeah, this was one of those low budget, B-movies that became a really famous Cult phenomenon kind of. Some people say that Robo-Cop ripped off The Terminator, but actually, it's kind of like Freddy Vs. Jason...but with R-rated robot action movies. There was even a game released on the Sega Gensis called "Terminator Vs. Robo-Cop", which I heard was pretty good. But, yeah. I saw this when I was...12? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I was 12. And my parents were pretty skeptical about if I should watch it, but I did. And I thought it was really cool! The sex scene was kind of awkward to watch with my parents(aren't they always?), but other than that, I really enjoyed the movie. ESPECIALLY the stop-motion Terminator in the end! YEAH! Stop-motion kicks CGI's special effects...most of the time. But the only things you should really think about before showing your kids is the language(a few uses of the f-word and other miscelanious obscenities); the sex scene(a few brief side-boobs, and butts) and they might be to immature to NOT make childish jokes about a naked Arnold; and the violence. Usually, it's too dark to see most of the blood, but some scenes of mention are: A punk is killed by getting punched through the chest. The Terminator's bloody hand is seen. The Terminator goes to a gun store to purchase weapons and upon receiving the goods, shoots the clerk. A woman is shot several times, off-screen. Later, a police photograph of her corpse is briefly seen. In one sequence many police officers are shot and killed. Several people are darkly shot apart with a large laser/machine gun weapon. The Terminator cuts open his arm with a scalpel, bloody flesh is shown, moments later it does the same to its eye. But the GOOD stuff is the strong, female lead, and the brave Kyle Reese. So, aLL-iN-aLL: I really liked it. It was a fun, action-packed 80's movie with some good acting and some kick-*ss stop motion in the end. Not my favorite 80's movie(nor my favorite Terminator) but a really good movie. 8.1/10. Go check it out!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bychildrenrcool November 20, 2009

Perfect for mature tweens

It is a blood soaked action, thriller. It does have a very graphic sex scene showing boobs,and sexual noises.It is also a bit confusing, so your child may have to be mature enough.
Adult Written byjesus3boy May 28, 2009

it shows two people having sex with the motions of it and naked breasts. without that its awesome!!! if you dont mind some strong language and violence
Adult Written by4Spice June 9, 2010

good movie

lots of action some partial nudity and language 15 and over for partial nudity
Parent Written byPlague January 7, 2010

The Terminator

A very good action/thriller movie for teens and adults.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

Cool

I loved it but a Graphic sex scene i in it.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2011

F word is used more than once...

The movie was cheezy and was sometimes really boring and repetitive. When the movie was over I was satisfied but did not love it. It is not what I would strongly reccomend. I have also rated it 15+ because there is a s*x scene where you see them h*****g and you also see Sarah's b**bs, not for kids. In one of the scenes he pulls out his eye and there is blood everywhere. fine for 15 and up. 3/5
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile November 14, 2008

Pretty good

Content: Sex: Two scenes of sex, so BEWARE Violence: OOdles of shooting, bullet wounds, and a man gouges a bullet out of his arm. He also cuts out his eye (not really shown). Language: About twenty to twenty-five profanities Overall, pretty good movie with absolutely amazing concept of time travel at the end.
Teen, 15 years old Written byViolinPlaya650 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byThe BatFan August 7, 2010

Brill movie but just falls short of T2

This is a fantastic movie with edge of your seat action right to the end. One thing that concerns me is how ruthless the violence is as well as the language.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

I WILL BE BACK, TO DO MORE REVIEWS ABOUT MOVIES!!!

A Few arnold buttcheeks, and one extremely super QUICK sex scene! but other than that this film is a classic! WARNING! does have graphic violence and graphic language, but who cares!
Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008

Adult Written byfenixataris182 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Good!

The Terminator is an intense sci-fi classic with an interesting, smart story and suspenseful action. As far as content goes, this movie is definitely not for kids. There is plenty of sexual content, some nudity, language (including the f-word) and loads of intense violence. I shouldn't have even seen it! Good for kids 15+
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byironman2 May 18, 2010

Terminator Rocks

Great film
Teen, 14 years old Written bybobbeta30 June 19, 2010

..................................

Thanks for warning me! I was going to see it, but now I'm not.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byhomer1 November 27, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written bycjbrooks59 May 17, 2013

best.movie.ever.

the best movie of all time. it is great quality.anyone should be able to watch it. I recommend it to anybody over the age of five.the sexual activity is realistic and does not set super high expectations like other movies. great movie.