All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

Gretest Schwarzenegger movie ever

Violence 8/8 Extremely violent, with explosions, shooting, stabbing, and car crashes. Language: 8/8 @ss, bit©h, di©k, sh!t, and fu©k. Sex, 5/8 When Arnold Schwarzenegger travels back in time, he is naked, and his buttocks are bare. He later walks on a building and his naked fundament shows. He is then shown walking from the front, but his genitals are in shadow. When Rease travels back in time, his nude hams are shown. During a sex scene, Sarah's breasts are shown, and Rease's haunches are uncovered.
Adult Written byNathan009 November 10, 2014

Amazing

The content of the film is not as bad as it sounds. The film is one of arnies best and is one of the classics.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2014

AWESOME

this is a really really good movie. it is about a girl named Sara Conner and a machine from 2029 is sent to kill her to prevent the birth of John Connor a human rebellion leader in 2029.in 2029 is a raging war that is terminator vs human.But then Kyle Reese a guy from 2029 is sent to protect Sara. Kyle is John's dad. the whole movie takes place in 1989. i personlly think terminator 2 is better though because it is about john and his mom and a good terminator trying to help the escape from a bad terminator (in the 2nd one john conner is kind of cute ;) PARENTS there is one sex scene with naked boobs present and you see them.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythehydradude October 3, 2014

Super psycho robot

Appropriate for 14+, quite a bit of swearing and sexy stuff, drug use and heaps of violence.
Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byCarson3003 September 18, 2014

Amazing

Yes, I know there is a sex scene and you think I am underrating it. First off, the idea age directly corresponds to maturity is wrong. I could easily see a 12 year old being mature enough for this, and if you know your kid, this is a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 13, 2014

Exciting time travel/apocalypse mocie

The movie is extremely violent. Characters are shot, stabbed, exploded, and hit by cars. @ss, bit©h, sh!t, and fu©k are used. When the terminator first arrives, his backside is shown. When another man travels back in time, his rump is also shown. In a sex scene, Sarah Connor's bare breasts are shown.
Parent Written byDuncanDerund August 30, 2014

Sci-Fi

Violence is body count is about 50 people and lots of guns and knifes. There is extremely terrific performances with some sexuality and f*ck d*mn c*ck sh*t a*s. Some extreme violence 12+ I think this should be R for high and crude body count and sexuality including some explicit dialogue and language.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byloghlr July 22, 2014

Skip the sex scene at 81 minutes and an 11-year-old can watch it

Skipping the sex scene takes nothing away from the movie, and it made it ok for my 10-year-old. He loved it. There is a lot of swearing, but we're getting used to that and he's not picking it up at all from these movies.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytom hanks July 10, 2014

Good for Teens

What is eveeryone talking about. There is no graphic sex. You see Sarah's roommate and her boyfriend, but they are clothed and not engaging in sexual activity. Sarah and Resse are seen from a distance in the shadows and thats only for like five seconds. Violence is extreme but minimal gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustin the great July 4, 2014

This movie was only R because PG 13 did not exist yet. It has very little blood and almost no gore a must see classic for 12 and older
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 June 25, 2014

The grandaddy of Ahhnald action movies

This may take away some of my movie buff points, but I don't really care for disposable 80s movies with the likes of Sly Stallone, Steven Seagal and Mr. Schwarzenegger. They're essentially big budget B-movies, but I knew that I had to catch up on my homework and finally watch "The Terminator." An absolute classic, the special effects here are revolutionary for the time, and Linda Hamilton comes off some times a bit too much like a damsel in distress, it's still good acting. This might be Arnold's perfect role because his lines are limited, and his menacing, blank glare works to his effect because...well...he's not a good actor. The story intrigued me, the movie's drenched in 80's nostalgia...it's definitely the cream of the crop of Schwarzenegger's career. There's a lot of bloody violence however, and a surprising amount of sex.
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2014

Violent, fast paced, incredible, and thrilling.

Really good but not for anyone under 11. A lot of bad words and shooting violence. Good story, characters, and amazing special effects. He will be back. My MPAA rating: R for Strong sci-fi violence, language, and brief sexual content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan Peter May 25, 2014

Messed up

This is by far the most robophobic movie I've ever seen. The "Terminators" are described as being evil and unable to feel pain. Do you know how hard it is for us? I was 11 and I nearly cried. Don't bother.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykibble May 24, 2014

An R-rated classic

"The Terminator" truly is a breakthrough in the movie industry and an evident influence on other sci-fi films. However, when you must discuss the possible influence on children, the gore, sexual nudity and profane language may be too much to handle for them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA t-Rex April 29, 2014

great movie, if you're at the right age

the terminator is one of my favourite sci-fi action movies i have ever seen. it contains lot's of violence, as we've come to expect of schwarznegger, but there is a scene where sarah and reese have sex, and sarah's bare breasts are shown. also, at the start, when arnold goes to find some clothes after teleporting to the 80's, you can see his genitals as he walks (but it's night time, so you only see the silhouette of the area, not the actual thing) great for mature 13 year olds.
Kid, 11 years old April 28, 2014

Amazing, just a largely awkward sex scene

I was watching and it was amazing, great story with amazingly realistically unrealistic violence with a robot vs man theory. WARNING abrupt sex
Kid, 9 years old April 16, 2014

AMAZING

It is graphic and has nudity and language if your kid doesn't know the f word or is easily scared by action then do not watch but this is a good 80s movie and i don't think they say the s word
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorpenny December 29, 2013

Pure Sci-Fi Brilliance

It's likely that your kid will discover this movie, and SOON--if they already haven't. It has some of the most quoted lines in movie history, like "I'll be back" and "come with me if you want to live". There is one mildly graphic sex scene, but it is easily skipped (I did the first time I saw it). There is a lot of language, including the more intense swear words. Shooting, punching, stabbing, and otherwise killing people abound. There is an especially grotesque scene in which the Terminator pulls off part of his artificial skin. However, this is nothing twelve-year-olds can't handle.
Kid, 12 years old October 24, 2013

NO NOT FOR KIDS ONLY TEENS AND ADULTS

this movie will scare kids pre teens and young teens. the scene where he cuts his eye you will scare kids and there is a sex scene.