All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA December 22, 2009

Good movie, but "Classic Action Film" might be a bit much.

Perhaps "The Terminator"'s reputation as a "Classic Action Film" led me to expect a bit too much from this movie. Now don't get me wrong, this is a good movie, and I did enjoy it. It just wasn't as incredible and jaw dropping as most people have said it is. Had I watched this and never heard of it before, I probably would have given it four stars. However, seeing as my expectations were very high, and it let me down a little bit, I'm giving it three stars.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

I WILL BE BACK, TO DO MORE REVIEWS ABOUT MOVIES!!!

A Few arnold buttcheeks, and one extremely super QUICK sex scene! but other than that this film is a classic! WARNING! does have graphic violence and graphic language, but who cares!
Adult Written byjesus3boy May 28, 2009

it shows two people having sex with the motions of it and naked breasts. without that its awesome!!! if you dont mind some strong language and violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byKIdX13 January 1, 2009

I saw it edited too

This is a good movie! but note, i saw an edited t.v version, it still had issues though... 1.LOTS of violince, many people are shot with bloody wonds, and the terminator himself (with or without his skin on) may scare the younger audiances, The terminator is shot, lit on fire and blown up (but none of it works). 2. mild languge of the D--n variety 3. the sex scene is skiped altogeter, and people are naked when they arive from the future. So this is a clasic actin movie that teens can watch if it's edited on t.v!
Teen, 14 years old Written by<flyboy> April 9, 2008

Terminator In Black &amp; White Terms

THE CONTENT: I wouldn't say you should see it unless your 14, but otherwise I don't see why not. It has a sex scene, but besides that the violence and language is tame by today's standards. THE MOVIE'S APPEAL: If you don't like this movie, you probably didn't like the Matrix or Alien (&amp; Aliens)either. One of my friends thinks Matrix was weird and disturbing, so I wouldn't recommend Terminator to him. THE ACTUAL MOVIE: It's a classic. The action and effects are amazing. Kudos to James Cameron for his awesome screenplay and direction.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2015

Classic 80s hit is not for the faint hearted.

Parents need to know this film has extreme violence and constant swearing. The movie itself is amazing. The story is about a machine that time travels from the future to kill Sarah Conner and preventing her from having a son she hasn't had yet. The violence is extreme, frequent and bloody. There are a lot of guns and shooting in the film. The shooting is bloody but brief. There are also multiple graphic scenes. One scene in particular is very intense, it contains the terminator pulling out his eye ball (which I was not allowed to watch as even my parents thought it was disguisting). I guess it was very bloody. The swearing is frequent many uses of f*** , s*** and a**hole there is also some uses of m*****f***er. There is one sex scene that shows butts and breasts the scene is also very short. Overall the film is very intense and thrilling. I highly recommend supervision for all kids up to 15, kids 10 and under should not watch this film.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHollywoodFan July 24, 2015

Sci-fi Classic

The Terminator is a great film. It's a classis sci-fi action thriller involving a cyborg, time travel and a load of intense action with a clever storyline. A man travels back in time to save an ordinary woman from a violent robot man. The chase scenes are awesome. It is definately not suitable for young children, only responsible teenagers and adults. Content includes, intense gun violence along with explosions and a couple of gory images, some strong language, a brief sex scene where a woman reveals her breasts and mild drugs use such as drinking and smoking.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDiscordzrocks July 17, 2015

A classic

Well....Its quite violent and swearing but no nudity it was just sex But it's a classic and doesn't look real (like jaws)
Teen, 13 years old Written byerogers July 14, 2015

great

good for all ages only thing is gore swearing
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieBuffMarlano12 July 13, 2015

Great movie but you have to be mature to appreciate it

The Terminator is an 80s classic and considered one of the best action films ever made. For those who have heard of or seen Terminator 2, I have to tell you; Terminator 1 has a very different feel. In T1, the atmosphere is very turbulent. The characters are in constant danger and peril. There is little to no humor. While the film is intense action/violence wise, it is even more so emotionally wise. The prospect of a dark and dreary future where humans must fight machines to survive is unsettling for young children, even older people. The main villain is, well, a cyborg. It is different from most villains because it doesn't feel anything: pain, nor remorse nor pity. Forget Arnie's friendly bodyguard character from T2, this is a ruthless killing machine. Language isn't as bad as I expected. F-words fly by faster than you can notice them but the profanity isn't excessive and is used smartly. Sex and nudity wise, there are scenes in this movie. One lasts about six seconds and isn't very explicit. The second one SPOILER ALERT! happens between the two major characters. But as mentioned in other places, it doesn't feel like an R-rated sex scene. It is much more romantic and emotional than sexual. Characters are only shown from the waist up and more is suggested than shown. BTW, the music is amazing and the scene itself is beautiful. Nothing a mature 13+ kid can't handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPieIsLovePieIsLife July 6, 2015

A good, yet scary. R rated movie. Not for young kids.

A sex scene at 80 minutes or so, just throwing that out there. My suggested MPAA rating: R for language throughout, a brief sex scene and brutal violence with a sinister undertone. This is my favorite in the franchise topping T2: Judgment Day. Not for anyone under 12. This is one of my favorite movies ever, and it's a sci-fi landmark, I recommend it to anyone 13 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Awful, cheesy, scary thriller has tons of graphic violence.

My rating:R for strong sci-fi violence throughout, language, and some racy content.
Parent Written byKathy_Goodman July 5, 2015

Good

Good movie a bit of violence but 12 yr olds can handle it. The only problem was their was a strong sex scene with Kyle Reece and Sahra Conner
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheminionshow July 3, 2015

Really good!!!

This is an epic film! it has a few gory scenes including a woman getting brutally shot to death. a bit of bad language. there is one scene of sex. I strongly recommend this for teens.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2015

A sci-fi classic!

Mostly PG-13 type violence except one scene when The Terminator cuts parts of his body out. One sex scene shows a side shot of a breast. Around ten uses of the f-word.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2015

Classic Sci Fi film is very violent

the terminator is a fantastic old sci-fi film that has tons of blood and gore thats not as realistic as newer movies and language including a couple f**k and s**t
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2015

Great movie but very violent for kids

I think this is a great movie for teens and up. It has a lot of violence and is very sexual. It is sexual because it has nudity and sex. It says f**k,sh*t,b**ch and more. It is ok for 16 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 May 31, 2015

Brilliant movie, some scenes may scare/gross-out younger children

This an excellent sci-fi thriller, but, the arrivals of secondary protagonist Kyle Reese (Michael Bihen) and cybernetic antagonist The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) contain nudity. there are two quite gory scenes as in the first 15 minutes The Terminator rips a man's heart out and later in the movie he operates on himself cutting through his artificial skin/flesh to reveal the system that controls his fingers and gouges one of his fake eyes out to depose of it after a viscous gunfight and car chase.
Written byAnonymous May 14, 2015

The best sci-fi movie for teens

My rating:PG-13 for violence,language,sexual humor and rare nudity