All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Teen, 13 years old Written byCgd0911 February 6, 2015

Good but violent.

The terminator might be awesome for teens and older Tweens, this is a bit iffy for them for these reasons: Violence: The violence level is at the PG-13 level, but still has blood in many scenes, though with no gore. However, there is a scene that's a bit gory with the terminator plucking his damaged eye out with the flesh attracting flys ( the reason he wears those sunglasses). Besides that, charactors are beat, stabbed, shot, and blown up repeatingly with many minor and even most of the secondary and main charactors getting constantly and instantly killed. A scary scene shows the terminator crawling towards the injured main charactor. Some dark post-apokoliptic imagery with skulls being crushed and cars & buildings being destroyed. There are many chase scenes on foot and in cars with charactors in constant peril. Sex: One of the earliest scenes show the terminator naked, and though it is to dark and shadow filled to see his privates, his rear is shown. Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese are shown making love from the waist up, and her breasts are briefly shown. When charactors time travel, they must be naked. Language: The languge is colorful, with words including sh*t, f*ck you, and asshole. Consumerism: none Drugs drinking and smoking: some drinking and smoking, but it is not a big focus. My rating: R, for violence, sexual content, brief nudity and some language.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

In my top 3 best films, but not for everyone

Terminator is a masterpiece. It's not that bad for an R movie (Heck, where I am it's the equivalent of a PG-13). There is some bloody violence, a man's heart is ripped out, quite a few blood squirts. The Terminator is a relentless killing machine who murders innocent people without caring at all. There is a total of 9 F bombs, not too bad. There is a long sex scene, however this is important to the story as it results in the baby being born who causes the events of the movie in the first place (My dad tried fast forwarding through this scene when I first saw it, rest of the series doesn't make sense without it). There's not too much drugs or smoking, very mild there. The terminator skeleton may scare young children, however by today's standards it looks easily fake.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2015

Epic classic but too violent for young kids

I think The Terminator is a great movie.Yes, it's Rated R but it's fine for older ones.You have to know if your kid is mature enough to watch this. There is a lot of swearing,blood and gore, and too much intense violence. In the beginning you see Kyle Reese and The Terminator naked. Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor in another seen have sex. You can fast forward that scene then it's fine. Hope this helps.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan December 21, 2014

The Terminator movie review

"The Terminator" is a legendary science fiction film that was viewed as a masterpiece. Most professional film critics think this movie is better than its only excellent sequel. As much as I like "The Terminator", I think it is slightly overrated. There is one only thing I found wrong with the film and the issue is a big one. In the concept of time travel, the past has to happen in order for the future to do so. However, the movie uses elements from the future to make the past happen. That is a big loop that I don't think works. Other than that one problem, this movie is fantastic. "The Terminator" feels like a horror movie sometimes. Michael Biehn gives the best performance in the entire movie. He brings a sense of realism to his character. The action for the time was very good and I think the movie ages very well. I enjoyed "The Terminator" quite a bit. Besides the one time problem, the story itself is very interesting and riveting. I personally enjoy "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" more than "The Terminator", but that doesn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the film. I give "The Terminator" a 4.5/5 stars. It is a great movie and worth checking out.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2014

I loved this movie!

I saw this with my mom last night. For the sex part, I just stared at the ceiling for most of it. The violence was super cool! My dad has been joking about it for ages, saying stuff like I'll be back and Sarah Collins? This movie is about a man who goes back in time to save a woman, Sarah Collins. He is saving Sarah from a terminator who goes back in time to kill her. The terminator wishes to kill her because her son will led rebellions against the computers who have taken over in 2029. They flee, the police being useless. The terminator will stop at nothing to "terminate" Sarah Collins. Sarah thinks the savior, Kyle, is following hr at first. But when she learns of the terminator, she begins to see he has been trying to help her. They go to a motel where the Kyle and Sarah fall in love. They kiss a lot, and have sex. (ceiling time) Then, there are a lot of fights with guns. The violence is awesome! I loved this movie. im gonna try and watch it agai
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

Gretest Schwarzenegger movie ever

Violence 8/8 Extremely violent, with explosions, shooting, stabbing, and car crashes. Language: 8/8 @ss, bit©h, di©k, sh!t, and fu©k. Sex, 5/8 When Arnold Schwarzenegger travels back in time, he is naked, and his hams are bare. He later walks on a building and his naked huanches show. He is then shown walking from the front, but his private parts are in shadow. When Rease travels back in time, his nude rear is shown. During a sex scene, Sarah's breasts are shown, and Rease's derriere is uncovered.
Adult Written byNathan009 November 10, 2014

Amazing

The content of the film is not as bad as it sounds. The film is one of arnies best and is one of the classics.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythehydradude October 3, 2014

Super psycho robot

Appropriate for 14+, quite a bit of swearing and sexy stuff, drug use and heaps of violence.
Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarson3003 September 18, 2014

Amazing

Yes, I know there is a sex scene and you think I am underrating it. First off, the idea age directly corresponds to maturity is wrong. I could easily see a 12 year old being mature enough for this, and if you know your kid, this is a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 13, 2014

Exciting time travel/apocalypse mocie

The movie is extremely violent. Characters are shot, stabbed, exploded, and hit by cars. @ss, bit©h, sh!t, and fu©k are used. When the terminator first arrives, his backside is shown. When another man travels back in time, his rump is also shown. In a sex scene, Sarah Connor's bare breasts are shown.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytom hanks July 10, 2014

Good for Teens

What is eveeryone talking about. There is no graphic sex. You see Sarah's roommate and her boyfriend, but they are clothed and not engaging in sexual activity. Sarah and Resse are seen from a distance in the shadows and thats only for like five seconds. Violence is extreme but minimal gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustin the great July 4, 2014
This movie was only R because PG 13 did not exist yet. It has very little blood and almost no gore a must see classic for 12 and older
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2014

Violent, fast paced, incredible, and thrilling.

Really good but not for anyone under 11. A lot of bad words and shooting violence. Good story, characters, and amazing special effects. He will be back. My MPAA rating: R for Strong sci-fi violence, language, and brief sexual content.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRyan Peter May 25, 2014

Messed up

This is by far the most robophobic movie I've ever seen. The "Terminators" are described as being evil and unable to feel pain. Do you know how hard it is for us? I was 11 and I nearly cried. Don't bother.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykibble May 24, 2014

An R-rated classic

"The Terminator" truly is a breakthrough in the movie industry and an evident influence on other sci-fi films. However, when you must discuss the possible influence on children, the gore, sexual nudity and profane language may be too much to handle for them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byA t-Rex April 29, 2014

great movie, if you're at the right age

the terminator is one of my favourite sci-fi action movies i have ever seen. it contains lot's of violence, as we've come to expect of schwarznegger, but there is a scene where sarah and reese have sex, and sarah's bare breasts are shown. also, at the start, when arnold goes to find some clothes after teleporting to the 80's, you can see his genitals as he walks (but it's night time, so you only see the silhouette of the area, not the actual thing) great for mature 13 year olds.
Kid, 9 years old April 16, 2014

AMAZING

It is graphic and has nudity and language if your kid doesn't know the f word or is easily scared by action then do not watch but this is a good 80s movie and i don't think they say the s word
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaylorpenny December 29, 2013

Pure Sci-Fi Brilliance

It's likely that your kid will discover this movie, and SOON--if they already haven't. It has some of the most quoted lines in movie history, like "I'll be back" and "come with me if you want to live". There is one mildly graphic sex scene, but it is easily skipped (I did the first time I saw it). There is a lot of language, including the more intense swear words. Shooting, punching, stabbing, and otherwise killing people abound. There is an especially grotesque scene in which the Terminator pulls off part of his artificial skin. However, this is nothing twelve-year-olds can't handle.
Kid, 10 years old September 15, 2013

Sweetness!

Awesome great movie Schwarzenegger is a perfect match for the role great casting