All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Teen, 14 years old Written byChicken100 December 4, 2012

Sci-fi classic might be okay for teens

This movie could probably be okay for some teens. Although it is violent and there is some sexual content. (e.g, Sarah and Kyle have sex and we see Sarah's breasts up close from the side. Also, you can expect some pretty loud and clear f$$ks. It might just be okay for some people.
Kid, 9 years old November 22, 2012

look down

This movie was great; me and my brother(6) watched it and I loved it, it was our first R-Rated movie so i was super excited to be seeing it. My dad comes down and says "whatcha watchin'?" and i am like "The Terminator" and my dad is like lemme go get some popcorn I love this movie it's awesome!" and i was thinking wow! dad approves this!?! my dad is cooler than i thought! :D when i come up Austin is like hey mom we saw our first R-Rated movie with dad! and my mom is like "What movie?" and i said " we watched Terminator with dad it was awesomely amazing!" my mom is like okay now i know you like these movies get "Total Recall" and "The Sixth Sense" from Netflix you'll love those movies!
Parent Written bygrapelover46 September 12, 2012

I didn't think this was as good of a movie as people said it was.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow September 3, 2012

Phenomenol and groundbreaking

This film is very good. It has some awesome fight scenes and some really slick stop-motion robot scenes at the end. Arnold Schwarzenegger is fantastic as the Terminator, and Linda Hamilton is great as the damsel-in-distress. Michael Biehn is okay too, even if he falls flat sometimes. With freakishly cool action sequences, some awesome special effects, and a ferociously original plot, this movie will shock people for generations to come.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybalto the hero July 24, 2012

don't show it to your kids and teens

Not okay for kids and teens. but for adults. it's a good movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2012

Awesome movie

This movie is good for 11 maybe 12+
Adult Written bycharlie2411235 July 13, 2012

Loved it!

The movie revolves around a machine that assasinates people. Also, it says b---h, w---e, f--ker, a--hole, d--n, and s--t. We view a naked man at the beginning of the movie.
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2012

awesome movie!!!!!

it is a veryyyyyyy good movie!! but there is allot of cursing and viloence. also there is some sex...not alot but there is some intence sex. i am 11 years old and this is my FAVORITE movei bu i definently wont recomend this to anyone younger!!!!!!!
Parent Written byFrankinf March 24, 2012

Know your kids

A little on the older side but some kids can handle it and some cant handle language sex and violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byLanmola March 1, 2012

I'LL BE BACK!

Yep! It's the Terminator! The classic from 1984! My parents told me how horrofying this movie was back then: Russia was on the edge to start a war. They had the bomb! Tomorow this movie could be reallaty. There was people saying that 1996 Russia would start the third and final world war! And seeing this movie knowing that would make you unable to sleep for years after! So this is retro action: I won't spoil anything, but just don't expect a too modern imagination of the end of the world. Arnold / The terminator has but one and only goal: to kill Sarah Connor. He won't stop whatever happens. This is really creepy. A lot of violence is used, and you will se blood more than once. There is just one TOO HORRID scene that I could not handle: when Mr Schwarzenegger cuts himself open to fix himself. He bleeds though he is a robot since his skin was based on a living organism, featuring sweat and blood. There are two sex scenes. The first one is not too expressive, but in the other one you see a short shot of sarahs breasts. At the start of the movie you see both Arnold and Michael totaly naked, though they are both hidden in the shadows. Theres also a lot of swearing in the movie, and there is not a cop who does not smoke. Yet it is a great classic, for the grown ups, that everyone should see!
Kid, 8 years old February 12, 2012

i'l be back!

good movie but not really for kids i am very very mature though good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byBon Java February 4, 2012

Very Good Movie

It is a very good movie. However I don't believe it to be appropriate to people below the age of 13 due to the below.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2012

Teen appropriate

THis movie has nudity,intense violence and language
Teen, 13 years old Written bywiipony10 November 20, 2011

EPIK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

very good movie there is some blood but not mutch
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn October 12, 2011

Ultra-violent action classic is full of blood and gore

The Terminator is one of the best sci-fi movies...ever. Really, if you haven't yet seen this movie, then you probably aren't old enough to be allowed to do so. Well, despite it's reputation of starting Arnold Schwarzenegger's career after Conan the Barbarian, make no mistake, this is gritty, violent and occasionally gruesome material that will quiet probably be too much for most children and tween's Now, there are many intense scenes of the two main characters running and fleeing from the Terminator, who also shoots many people, including easily over twenty people in one particularly violent police shootout scene, half-way into the movie, but does not end there, with another particularly grisly scene of the Terminator practically dissecting himself and cutting into his arm, eye and more. Also, there is some male nudity during the beginning, and a slightly graphic sex scene near the end. Finally, there is frequent strong profanity in the face of danger and during intense situations. Well, that's it, but if you are a big science fiction fan and can handle the brutal violence of this movie, than you will love it. Seriously, check it out if you haven't already done so.
Kid, 12 years old August 23, 2011

F word is used more than once...

The movie was cheezy and was sometimes really boring and repetitive. When the movie was over I was satisfied but did not love it. It is not what I would strongly reccomend. I have also rated it 15+ because there is a s*x scene where you see them h*****g and you also see Sarah's b**bs, not for kids. In one of the scenes he pulls out his eye and there is blood everywhere. fine for 15 and up. 3/5
Kid, 10 years old August 15, 2011

no kids under 9

i love the movie but may be inappropriate for some kids and it is rated R and that is for a reasen
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

One of the best James Cameron films ever.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for intense sequences of sci-fi action/violence, some nudity, sexual content and language.
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2011

schwartzenegger have big guns

violent movie with lots of guns and shooting. uses of f**k throughout. a scene of two characters having sex, though the scene is filmed in shadow, so you dont see the ACTUAL scene
Parent of a 10 year old Written byJustJulia09 May 4, 2011

Excellent movie, but not for my 10yr old

The only alcohol use was in a bar. No drunkards or abusing. The ONLY 2 reasons I don't recommend it to anyone under 17, are the 2 small sexual explicit scenes. Sarah's roommate, Ginger & boyfriend then Sarah Connor & Reese who end up conceiving John.