Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2015

Great movie but very violent for kids

I think this is a great movie for teens and up. It has a lot of violence and is very sexual. It is sexual because it has nudity and sex. It says f**k,sh*t,b**ch and more. It is ok for 16 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byNicky0250 May 31, 2015

Brilliant movie, some scenes may scare/gross-out younger children

This an excellent sci-fi thriller, but, the arrivals of secondary protagonist Kyle Reese (Michael Biehn) and cybernetic antagonist The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) contain nudity. There are two quite gory scenes as in the first 15 minutes The Terminator rips a man's heart out and later in the movie he operates on himself cutting through his artificial skin/flesh to reveal the system that controls his fingers and gouges one of his fake eyes out to depose of it after a viscous gunfight and car chase.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCraig tucker April 18, 2015

Caution

Warning! this film is dark do not show it to younger kids. I saw this movie when I was 9 and it scared the living daylights outta me at the end
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2015

Parent dont be alarmed by common sense

This is a great movie to share with kids. Don't be alarmed by the R rating they didn't have pg-13 in the 80s so they had to rate it R so basically what I am trying to say is that it is pg-13. But is kinda violent. Nudity is just butt when Arnold Schwarzenegger telaports to the time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byskwunkel March 28, 2015
ALOT of violence. Contains bear bum and breasts. Some sexual content and swearing. Ok. To sum up in 3 word - "Jaws with Robot".
Teen, 15 years old Written byMavrah333 February 14, 2015

Sci-fi action film is dark, violent, has cursing and sex.

This sci-fi classic is over rated in my opinion, but it is a must see for all fans of science fiction, action and suspense. The plot is simple, but entertaining. The effects are outdated, but this is 1984. There is rather gory violence, with multiple wounds from shotguns, assault rifles, grenades and an explosion. There is some cursing, not as much as most UK 15s, but a fair amount all the same (sh-t, f-ck, -ss ect). There is also a sex scene 2/3s of the way through, and although no private parts are shown, you see breasts on more than one occasion.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCgd0911 February 6, 2015

Good but violent.

The terminator might be awesome for teens and older Tweens, this is a bit iffy for them for these reasons: Violence: The violence level is at the PG-13 level, but still has blood in many scenes, though with no gore. However, there is a scene that's a bit gory with the terminator plucking his damaged eye out with the flesh attracting flys ( the reason he wears those sunglasses). Besides that, charactors are beat, stabbed, shot, and blown up repeatingly with many minor and even most of the secondary and main charactors getting constantly and instantly killed. A scary scene shows the terminator crawling towards the injured main charactor. Some dark post-apokoliptic imagery with skulls being crushed and cars & buildings being destroyed. There are many chase scenes on foot and in cars with charactors in constant peril. Sex: One of the earliest scenes show the terminator naked, and though it is to dark and shadow filled to see his privates, his rear is shown. Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese are shown making love from the waist up, and her breasts are briefly shown. When charactors time travel, they must be naked. Language: The languge is colorful, with words including sh*t, f*ck you, and asshole. Consumerism: none Drugs drinking and smoking: some drinking and smoking, but it is not a big focus. My rating: R, for violence, sexual content, brief nudity and some language.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2015

In my top 3 best films, but not for everyone

Terminator is a masterpiece. It's not that bad for an R movie (Heck, where I am it's the equivalent of a PG-13). There is some bloody violence, a man's heart is ripped out, quite a few blood squirts. The Terminator is a relentless killing machine who murders innocent people without caring at all. There is a total of 9 F bombs, not too bad. There is a long sex scene, however this is important to the story as it results in the baby being born who causes the events of the movie in the first place (My dad tried fast forwarding through this scene when I first saw it, rest of the series doesn't make sense without it). There's not too much drugs or smoking, very mild there. The terminator skeleton may scare young children, however by today's standards it looks easily fake.
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2015

Epic classic but too violent for young kids

I think The Terminator is a great movie.Yes, it's Rated R but it's fine for older ones.You have to know if your kid is mature enough to watch this. There is a lot of swearing,blood and gore, and too much intense violence. In the beginning you see Kyle Reese and The Terminator naked. Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor in another seen have sex. You can fast forward that scene then it's fine. Hope this helps.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan December 21, 2014

"The Terminator" movie review

"The Terminator" is a legendary science fiction film that was viewed as a masterpiece. Most professional film critics think this movie is better than its only excellent sequel. As much as I like "The Terminator", I think it is slightly overrated. There is one only thing I found wrong with the film and the issue is a big one. In the concept of time travel, the past has to happen in order for the future to do so. However, the movie uses elements from the future to make the past happen. That is a big loop that I don't think works. Other than that one problem, this movie is fantastic. "The Terminator" feels like a horror movie sometimes. Michael Biehn gives the best performance in the entire movie. He brings a sense of realism to his character. The action for the time was very good and I think the movie ages very well. I enjoyed "The Terminator" quite a bit. Besides the one time problem, the story itself is very interesting and riveting. I personally enjoy "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" more than "The Terminator", but that doesn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the film. I give "The Terminator" a 4.5/5 stars. It is a great movie and worth checking out.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2014

I loved this movie!

I saw this with my mom last night. For the sex part, I just stared at the ceiling for most of it. The violence was super cool! My dad has been joking about it for ages, saying stuff like I'll be back and Sarah Collins? This movie is about a man who goes back in time to save a woman, Sarah Collins. He is saving Sarah from a terminator who goes back in time to kill her. The terminator wishes to kill her because her son will led rebellions against the computers who have taken over in 2029. They flee, the police being useless. The terminator will stop at nothing to "terminate" Sarah Collins. Sarah thinks the savior, Kyle, is following hr at first. But when she learns of the terminator, she begins to see he has been trying to help her. They go to a motel where the Kyle and Sarah fall in love. They kiss a lot, and have sex. (ceiling time) Then, there are a lot of fights with guns. The violence is awesome! I loved this movie. im gonna try and watch it agai
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII November 23, 2014

Gretest Schwarzenegger movie ever

Violence 8/8 Extremely violent, with explosions, shooting, stabbing, and car crashes. Language: 8/8 @ss, bit©h, di©k, sh!t, and fu©k. Sex, 5/8 When Arnold Schwarzenegger travels back in time, he is naked, and his hams are bare. He later walks on a building and his naked huanches show. He is then shown walking from the front, but his private parts are in shadow. When Rease travels back in time, his nude rear is shown. During a sex scene, Sarah's breasts are shown, and Rease's derriere is uncovered.
Adult Written byNathan009 November 10, 2014

Amazing

The content of the film is not as bad as it sounds. The film is one of arnies best and is one of the classics.
Teen, 13 years old Written bythehydradude October 3, 2014

Super psycho robot

Appropriate for 14+, quite a bit of swearing and sexy stuff, drug use and heaps of violence.
Kid, 10 years old September 26, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarson3003 September 18, 2014

Amazing

Yes, I know there is a sex scene and you think I am underrating it. First off, the idea age directly corresponds to maturity is wrong. I could easily see a 12 year old being mature enough for this, and if you know your kid, this is a great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 13, 2014

Exciting time travel/apocalypse mocie

The movie is extremely violent. Characters are shot, stabbed, exploded, and hit by cars. @ss, bit©h, sh!t, and fu©k are used. When the terminator first arrives, his backside is shown. When another man travels back in time, his rump is also shown. In a sex scene, Sarah Connor's bare breasts are shown.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytom hanks July 10, 2014

Good for Teens

What is eveeryone talking about. There is no graphic sex. You see Sarah's roommate and her boyfriend, but they are clothed and not engaging in sexual activity. Sarah and Resse are seen from a distance in the shadows and thats only for like five seconds. Violence is extreme but minimal gore.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustin the great July 4, 2014
This movie was only R because PG 13 did not exist yet. It has very little blood and almost no gore a must see classic for 12 and older
Kid, 11 years old June 22, 2014

Violent, fast paced, incredible, and thrilling.

Really good but not for anyone under 11. A lot of bad words and shooting violence. Good story, characters, and amazing special effects. He will be back. My MPAA rating: R for Strong sci-fi violence, language, and brief sexual content.