Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAidan Powell October 17, 2015

Iffy for 11-12 but OK for 13

The Terminator is a brilliant sci-fi action film with a great story. The violence and Gore looks pretty fake compared to today. There is limited swearing. This is an good film but however there is a somewhat graphic sex scene and it is easily skippable.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynicholasmcc September 24, 2015

Great show.

Really should watch just a bit of sex in it not that much though. Lot's of violence and cussing but doesn't get that bad. I watched when I was 10. Anyone at 13 should be ready.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCharlie Mix September 4, 2015

Watch it first!

This movie is one of my entailment favorites! I watched it with my dad one night. (He's watched it tons of time before) There is one sex scene but we skipped though that easily. It is violent because The Terminator goes around shoots random people, thats the only violent part. Remember this movie was made long ago so it does have that old effect.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Ba-Bauck August 23, 2015

The Terminator

The Terminator is a good movie!!! The Terminator is rated R. But, there are 2 sex scenes, and in one of them, it show's both a girl's full butt and boobs a few times. Her butt is touched a couple of time during the scene. There are also 3 uses of F--k, which usually PG-13 movies only have one use of F--k, but there are ALOT of usues of S--t, it'said constantly. They say "Oh my God", and, What the hell" constantly to. They do say ass a couple of times, but not alot,There's also the time travel that The Terminator, and, Kyle Reece both time-travel naked in, but only their butts are shown, but there is a brief flash of The Terminator's penis (ONLY 1 Second though) while he's walking. The Terminator (Model T-100), is Played by Arnold Shwartzenegger, a famous actor that I like. I'd say that this movie is probably for ages 16+.There is ALOT of fighting/violence and killing. But the fighting/violence in this movie is definitely PG-13 fighting/violence. There is one scene where a girl in a skimpy bikini (plenty of cleavage is shown, it only covers in-between her butt-cheeks) is walking down the street, (she's shown earlier getting drunk), and The Terminator shoots her in the face (1 time) and blood splatters everywhere. There is also one scene where a gangster smokes Weed. Violence: 4/5. Language: 4/5. Sex: 3/5. Drugs: 3/5. Consumerism: 5/5. Well, The Terminator is a cool movie and I hope that you like it!
Adult Written bymetal August 10, 2015

the terminator

a lot of violence terminator seen cutting out his eye and seen cutting open his arm plus a sex scene
Adult Written byaidans1 August 5, 2015
Arnold Schwarzenegger is shown naked for a second and a sex scene showing Sarah's breasts briefly and some violence
Teen, 15 years old Written byHollywoodFan July 24, 2015

Sci-fi Classic

The Terminator is a great film. It's a classis sci-fi action thriller involving a cyborg, time travel and a load of intense action with a clever storyline. A man travels back in time to save an ordinary woman from a violent robot man. The chase scenes are awesome. It is definately not suitable for young children, only responsible teenagers and adults. Content includes, intense gun violence along with explosions and a couple of gory images, some strong language, a brief sex scene where a woman reveals her breasts and mild drugs use such as drinking and smoking.
Teen, 13 years old Written byerogers July 14, 2015

great

good for all ages only thing is gore swearing
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovieBuffMarlano12 July 13, 2015

Great movie but you have to be mature to appreciate it

The Terminator is an 80s classic and considered one of the best action films ever made. For those who have heard of or seen Terminator 2, I have to tell you; Terminator 1 has a very different feel. In T1, the atmosphere is very turbulent. The characters are in constant danger and peril. There is little to no humor. While the film is intense action/violence wise, it is even more so emotionally wise. The prospect of a dark and dreary future where humans must fight machines to survive is unsettling for young children, even older people. The main villain is, well, a cyborg. It is different from most villains because it doesn't feel anything: pain, nor remorse nor pity. Forget Arnie's friendly bodyguard character from T2, this is a ruthless killing machine. Language isn't as bad as I expected. F-words fly by faster than you can notice them but the profanity isn't excessive and is used smartly. Sex and nudity wise, there are scenes in this movie. One lasts about six seconds and isn't very explicit. The second one SPOILER ALERT! happens between the two major characters. But as mentioned in other places, it doesn't feel like an R-rated sex scene. It is much more romantic and emotional than sexual. Characters are only shown from the waist up and more is suggested than shown. BTW, the music is amazing and the scene itself is beautiful. Nothing a mature 13+ kid can't handle.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPieIsLovePieIsLife July 6, 2015

A good, yet scary. R rated movie. Not for young kids.

A sex scene at 80 minutes or so, just throwing that out there. My suggested MPAA rating: R for language throughout, a brief sex scene and brutal violence with a sinister undertone. This is my favorite in the franchise topping T2: Judgment Day. Not for anyone under 12. This is one of my favorite movies ever, and it's a sci-fi landmark, I recommend it to anyone 13 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Awful, cheesy, scary thriller has tons of graphic violence.

My rating:R for strong sci-fi violence throughout, language, and some racy content.
Parent Written byKathy_Goodman July 5, 2015

Good

Good movie a bit of violence but 12 yr olds can handle it. The only problem was their was a strong sex scene with Kyle Reece and Sahra Conner
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheminionshow July 3, 2015

Really good!!!

This is an epic film! it has a few gory scenes including a woman getting brutally shot to death. a bit of bad language. there is one scene of sex. I strongly recommend this for teens.
Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2015

A sci-fi classic!

Mostly PG-13 type violence except one scene when The Terminator cuts parts of his body out. One sex scene shows a side shot of a breast. Around ten uses of the f-word.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2015

Classic Sci Fi film is very violent

the terminator is a fantastic old sci-fi film that has tons of blood and gore thats not as realistic as newer movies and language including a couple f**k and s**t
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2015

Great movie but very violent for kids

I think this is a great movie for teens and up. It has a lot of violence and is very sexual. It is sexual because it has nudity and sex. It says f**k,sh*t,b**ch and more. It is ok for 16 and up
Teen, 16 years old Written byCraig tucker April 18, 2015

Caution

Warning! this film is dark do not show it to younger kids. I saw this movie when I was 9 and it scared the living daylights outta me at the end
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2015

Parent dont be alarmed by common sense

This is a great movie to share with kids. Don't be alarmed by the R rating they didn't have pg-13 in the 80s so they had to rate it R so basically what I am trying to say is that it is pg-13. But is kinda violent. Nudity is just butt when Arnold Schwarzenegger telaports to the time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byskwunkel March 28, 2015
ALOT of violence. Contains bear bum and breasts. Some sexual content and swearing. Ok. To sum up in 3 word - "Jaws with Robot".