All member reviews for The Terminator

Terrific sci-fi action, but too violent for some.

Kid, 11 years old May 14, 2010

Not for the easily disturbed. Good For 11 and up and I recommend covering your eyes during the sex scene very very very graphic. But great movie! and has one of the best lines ever '' Terminated Mother F***kr
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2010

I'll be back.

I loved it! Perfect action thriller, got me hooked on the series. Judgment Day is better, but this is still a must see classic. Perfect for ages 12-13+.
Kid, 9 years old April 10, 2010

Warning,not for kids under 8.

LOVE IT! everybody shall see it. Great plot.Kyle reese was the role model.Great savior but sadly dies.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 March 16, 2010

Accompanied by a parent/guardian: Iffy for ages 14-16, Unaccompanied by a parent/guardian: Iffy for ages 15-18

This is a great movie, but it's pretty violent, vulgar, and sexual. This movie is definitely not suitable for children, but just as long as you are ready to cover your teenager's eyes at a few scenes, this movie would probably be suitable for them. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This movie contains a lot of dark violence, but surprisingly is generally bloodless. However, the type of violence may disturb younger viewers - hunting down people and not stopping until they are dead. There are some bloody scenes, though, and the scenes of the Terminator operating on himself are graphic and disgusting. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This movie contains two sex scenes, one of which is very brief (a few seconds) and contains no explicit nudity, the second of which is a little longer (perhaps around 10 seconds), and you can briefly see the nude female's breasts, and the man's hands often grope them. There is some passionate kissing and some brief kissing, and a scene of 'phone sex', where a man calls a woman and describes to her what he's "doing to her". This dialog is very near sexually explicit, so you would do well to mute the TV at this scene if you are watching it with your younger teenagers. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This movie does not contain constant swearing, but there is a very amount of F-words and their derivatives, probably around 6-7 F words. There is also milder (but sometimes blasphemous) profanity scattered throughout the movie. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- There are some instances of adults drinking and/or smoking. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The general tone of this movie is very dark, and may frighten younger viewers. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Due to the explicit language, intense violence, and sexuality/nudity, children under the age of 15 should not watch this movie unaccompanied by a parent or guardian. Iffy for ages 15-18. Accompanied by a parent or guardian, where the parent would be able to turn off the movie, mute the sound, skip through the movie, etc, so as their child is not exposed to the explicit aspects, this movie would be iffy for ages 14-16.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBaconBitz March 7, 2010

Teens and up

Terminator is an excellent movie. The violence is not too serious. The terminator and protector are naked when they come out of time warp. There is a sex scene. The language is bad but not consistant
Parent Written byPlague January 7, 2010

The Terminator

A very good action/thriller movie for teens and adults.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKScottA December 22, 2009

Good movie, but "Classic Action Film" might be a bit much.

Perhaps "The Terminator"'s reputation as a "Classic Action Film" led me to expect a bit too much from this movie. Now don't get me wrong, this is a good movie, and I did enjoy it. It just wasn't as incredible and jaw dropping as most people have said it is. Had I watched this and never heard of it before, I probably would have given it four stars. However, seeing as my expectations were very high, and it let me down a little bit, I'm giving it three stars.
Kid, 12 years old November 30, 2009

Loved this movie. Besides one sex scene, a very good movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2009

Parent of a 9 year old Written byhomer1 November 27, 2009

Teen, 14 years old Written byTakedaIesyu November 21, 2009

WOW!

Honestly, I haven't seen the whole thing - I just read several varieties of the plot line and seen some scenes from movie reviews. But the violence - WHAT DO YOU WANNA FIND: CAREBEARS?!?!?!?! Although it was pretty gruesome (a punk's heart gets ripped out by the T-850) Language: Typical 7th grade language (c--t is common at my school O.o) Sexy stuff: The sex scene was unnecessary in my opinion. It is, however adult, an instant classic. It's like if the Empire from Star Wars sent someone back in time to kill Padme and the Rebels sent someone back to protect her.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEntropy November 20, 2009

The Terminator

Awesome movie! A Sci-Fi classic! This film is pretty violent, has quite a bit of language, and a brief sex scene. But most teens should be able to handle it.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bychildrenrcool November 20, 2009

Perfect for mature tweens

It is a blood soaked action, thriller. It does have a very graphic sex scene showing boobs,and sexual noises.It is also a bit confusing, so your child may have to be mature enough.
Kid, 10 years old October 15, 2009

Tooooo bad for kids under 17+. Big nudity problems toooo much killing! Look out for language.
Parent of a 6, 10, and 17 year old Written bySmartViewer September 18, 2009

I agree with Common Sense.

Everybody loves robots, from Robby, to R2-D2, to this. This is an extremely violent classic, but it's okay for teens and up. It's not just the violence that makes this a no-go for little kids - it's the sex. The movie has 2 sex scenes in it, but overall, it's a great movie, and I really enjoyed it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymy dog toto September 12, 2009

give teens a chance to watch this kind of movie

its not that bad in fact its my favorite movie
Kid, 10 years old September 10, 2009

For tweens

I thought this movie was as good as die hard. There was nudity though. There was topless female nudity for about 10 seconds,you see Arnold Shwarzenegger's butt too. They said the f-word 12 times. It was very violent. There was a bunch of explosions,tanks,bombs,guns,beatings,and you see skulls on the ground in the future. Overall I would say for 12+
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bySuperParent August 31, 2009

I WILL BE BACK, TO DO MORE REVIEWS ABOUT MOVIES!!!

A Few arnold buttcheeks, and one extremely super QUICK sex scene! but other than that this film is a classic! WARNING! does have graphic violence and graphic language, but who cares!
Kid, 10 years old August 2, 2009

ON for 8+

It's a great movie, a little violent.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoker15 July 3, 2009