All member reviews for The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974)

Teen, 16 years old Written byBart700 December 8, 2011

f***ing awesome

it's one of the bloodiest movie i ever seen it so scary nobody should seen it
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2011

Absurd reviews above

It is absurd that people are saying 7 year olds should watch this. Even though there isnt a lot of blood, the movie is still very disturbing. 13 and up is a good age range
Kid, 11 years old November 29, 2008

The texas chain saw massacre is one of the scariest horror films

My rating: R for strong horror violence Sex/Nudity: None Violence/Scariness: strong horror violence Profanity: 2 uses of b****
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 23, 2011

A whole lot better than the remake

My MPAA Rating, R: Strong bloody horror violence, mild language, tense sequences of violence, and disturbing images/moments
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2011

violent, but a great movie

very good film by Tobe Hooper. It is not scary compared to Saw or Scream or modern slasher movies, but it is still scary. Bloody and torturous, this movie should keep younger kids from sleping for days.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykorn111 August 11, 2009

very good movie

love this movie its a horror movie classic i bought this movie when i was probaly 12 and loved it all of my friends would watch it over at my house and have nightmares for a week.not that much blood and gore.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 November 29, 2011

Not that bad.

the only two scenes which i recommend parents look out for is the ending(dont want to reveal spoilers for those who havent seen it) and the part where (not saying the character's name to avoid giving away spoilers) is strapped to a dining table and is mentally tortured by a few guys who turn out to be accomplises of leatherface which is quite disturbing to sensitive viewers.other than that,im not gonna go any further. suggested mpaa rating:PG13 for intense sequences of violence,mild language and a disturbing torture sequence. violence:3/10 blood and gore level:2/10 language:0/10
Teen, 16 years old Written bydavidguitar15..... March 14, 2011

its a great movie..not to gory...i my self would give this movie a PG-13 rating.
Teen, 17 years old Written bypitpens9091 April 9, 2008

Kid, 2 years old September 23, 2011

Rated R... Wait, WHAT?!

Oh come on! Why did they rate this R? It was supposed to be PG! Let 8 year olds watch it! They will LOVE IT!!! And I'm a pretty reasonable reviewer for a kid. Theres just skulls, spiders, and blood. But who the heck cares?
Teen, 13 years old Written byHello Mother July 10, 2009

Good film, but sertantly not gory.

Well....its not that bad.... and not to stick up for the bad guy but, human flesh is the only thing he has.

well....

normally Im the kind of person who HATES horror movies with every ounce of my being, but there are some exceptions, this one for exapmle, others include friday the 13th, nightmare on elm street, and halloween if you just happen to have the chance to wathc it, its wort a go, but still not for kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaden147 November 2, 2012

10/10 movie and not bloody at all

Ok I know I"m just a 13 year old but please hear me out. This movie is not very violent or bloody at all. There is no blood spary or spalter DURING A KILLING. I caped that because there is only one time when you see blood and thats when its on leatherface's apron. You never see see any contact of a weapon to a boby during a murder accept at the end when leathergace cuts himself on his thiegh (which is not bloody or graphic at all). There is not sex at all and theres not even talk about it at any time. I think d*mn is said once and hell is said once. This is a classic movie and it is a great movie. Dont the R-rating fool you, it should be pg-13. I saw this movie when I was 12 and I loved it. So to sum it up there is barely any blood, no sex, and no language so please ont hesate to let your child see this movie, it is a classic
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2012

Titanic Reviews:

The movie is not as gory as the title says it is. The movie as such little gore , actually the Indiana Jones movies would have more of bloody violence then this film. And mostly all of the death scenes remain not shown in the movie , although there will be sounds of the death happening. Now some of you people might be thinking: I seen the remake and it was horrible and I would never ever let my kids watch it.''. Yes , but that was the remake. Michael Bay made a remake of the film because he wanted the money for Transformer s. But , he didn't make it compare to the original 1974 story at all , he made it into a teen party , modern 2000/90's horror film. Where you have under aged kids or early 20 year olds having sexuality or sexual references. But , this film doesn't contain much of that. The language is not high either , maybe the word h--l , d--n or sh--t may pop out here and there , but not often. Now the family is a cannibalistic family , but kids should know that there are actually people like that in the world. Cannibals do exist and they actually do eat peoples ''skin'' and ''flesh''. But overall , the movie would be appropriate for a 15 years and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byconnorfarthing99 August 2, 2013

Very clean by today's standards

Not too scary, violent, sexual or too much profanity in this well made, low-budget horror classic.Not much violence happens onscreen but there is a little bit of real blood (just from the bushes cutting some of the actors and a prop not working properly) but it is still an impressive movie that doesn't go to every extreme. Worth watching but not for anyone under 10 at all.
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsallaboutthestory August 12, 2014

Why is this considered scary or gory again?

First of all this movie is not scary at all. I was reading the review's for this in the comments section and couldn't believe it was called scary. First of all there's almost no gore, most of its left to the imagination accept when its real. When Sally's finger gets cut, they actual cut it, and all the blood on her in the forest, real, her own actually. Its crazy what they went through to make this movie. The only good scene is the beginning where they pick up the hitch hiker, it gives you a feeling of unease and I was actually excited to watch the rest at that point, sadly all you get is utter disappointment. So to sum it up, not scary, not gory (I hate gore so that's a plus actually). Don't bother with it, you won't regret it.
Kid, 10 years old May 3, 2014

Mature ten year olds or 15 and up

Amazing there is a brief description of how's cows are slaughtered and lots of people die one girl gets hung on a meat hook and there are cannibals it scared the crap out of me language very mild maybe B**** and d****
Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2013

Not for kids despite...

My little brother's favorite movie. He's 9. I have never seen it before and hope to never have to.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire June 17, 2013

Iffy for 13+

Teen, 13 years old Written byCharlCoetzee13 April 8, 2013

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Very good horror movie its original and very very very creepy