All member reviews for The Thief and the Cobbler

A must for family viewing.

Parent of a 9 year old Written byerich April 9, 2008

Not that great

I don't think as highly of this film as the Common Sense reviewer does. The heroine/princess is straight out of Disney: childishly beautiful with inhuman physical proportions. The protagonist/cobbler and she fall in love at first sight, based soley on those inhuman proportions, I think. I mean, I love Vincent Price as the bad guy, but I just can't condone the promotion of this Disney-fantasy of what women, men, and love is all about.
Adult Written bynduns October 24, 2009

First of all...

This is not an Aladdin ripoff. It's true that the two are similar, but keep in mind that The Thief and the Cobbler had been in production since the 60's. Aladdin had only started production in the 80's, about 20 years after this one had been started on. With that said, let's get on with the review. It's not a bad movie, but I think CS gives it too much credit. It just doesn't strike me as anything amazing, and the fact that they took Richard Williams' masterpiece and made it into this, giving the originally silent characters dialogue is almost unforgivable in my eyes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJemmy April 18, 2009

This was terrible! Please don't see it. The animation was horrible and the characters were dull and not clever at all. The story seemed to copy off Disney's Aladdin. So if you are planning to see it, don't waste your time and money.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bylibrarian4little1s April 9, 2008