All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Sexy honeymoon, disturbing pregnancy dominate latest movie.

Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2014

Some parents might not be comfortable with kids watching it

I would say the main issue in this movie is the sex and pregnancy, and I would say you cannot watch it until you are mature and learn where babies come from. The movie is still great though, and much more interesting then the first! I would recommend it to 12/13 & up :)
Parent of an infant, 1, 2, 16, 17, and 18 year old Written byPuppyLover1968 October 22, 2013

Best Movie ever for all my kids

I love this movie because it teaches my kids about romance in the best way possible!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadingeverything August 12, 2013

There's a reason it's PG-13

I watched this with my mom (she didn't want me watching it alone) and I thought it was pretty good. We skipped the s*x scenes (I wouldn't want to watch them anyway) I don't know why people are complaining about the gore. It wasn't THAT bad. Definitely not as much as in the book. In my opinion, it made it more believable. The ending made me anxious! :)
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2013

family friendly

the cullens have trouble deciding what to do with Bella.in the end The Volturi kill a human,Bianca
Teen, 13 years old Written byirishmb June 27, 2013

mature topics

deffinately mature content you need to know what your kid knows because if not it is going to overload there brain and the questions will pore out
Teen, 13 years old Written bymezvoice June 21, 2013

Great movie, but watch out!!

It is a good movie its self but you have to keep an eye on your kid dosent want to watch!! There is only like 3 sense that isn't appropriate for kids!! Just refer to this movie it was great!
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2013

Review

It is very good but did not liven up to my expectations! I think there is way to much sex, BUT at the end where she is beginning to have her baby there is alot of gory bloody parts! I don't know why they have it as a 12's movie it clearly should be for 15's. But if you are 15 and over I recomend it to you!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 21, 2013

cool

cool
Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2013

A 2 year old could watch it and not be bothered

I watched t,his film when I was 10 and part 2 when I was 11 and tbh they don't really show u them having sex that much and the both scene is in my opinion not for the faint hearted as it is quite bloody and disturbing and it suprised me coz I was even nearly gagging while I watched the birth scene but all in all a 2 year old could even watch it and not be bothered and I love taylor Lautner and kellan lutz sooo much
Kid, 12 years old February 16, 2013

Breaking dawn part 1

I loved this movie. But if your child is under 12 and does not seen kissing or other stuff, it is not appropriate for them. This movie has a lot of kissing and one sex scene. Why this is , is because Bella and Edward are on a honeymoon. In this time Bella becomes pregnant .but it's not all sexy it a great movie about love.
Kid, 9 years old January 31, 2013

Good., BUT... ABSLOUTY DISTURBING!!! I WAS SCARED WHEN WAS 8!

Ok, When I was 8 I saw this movie, and abslouty DISTURBING IN THE END! Why it is Disturbing: That DISTURBING BLOODY BIRTH! And what about there MARRIAGE STUFF: In there honeymoon, in there "business " is not gross, nothing worry ABOUT! ITS part of NATURE! but if your child want to read this, have a talk with her/him. Like" Are you mature?" or "In there Business, are you gonna be GROSS OUT?" But before they answer, look at a couple of pages! TRUST ME! Another GROSS thing (wasnt gross out): Jacob love a infant name Renesmee. PS: From ajroxs111, and when I was 8, TOTALLY SCARED! When I came backed home, can not sit down! BECAUSE OF VAMPIRES! NOW 9 YR OLD, NOT SCARED! Hope you like this! THE END!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

silvonadux review

ugh. I really wish I hadn't eaten panda express the night I watched it.
Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2013

Beware

Some apple computers are shown. The bloody birth scene is slightly disturbing and might be frightening to younger kids. A few battle scenes. Bella has a bloody nightmare that shows many dead known characters splattered in blood. There are a TON of sex scenes, although very chaste.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjaniopartyfrenchkid December 13, 2012

janio follow me on Facebook @janio partyfrenchkid holness

i think the movie is great it also emphasize marriage comes before sex and a great man cares for his wife safety. its not for kids under 13 cause at there stage they are not introduce to that part of about sex and the scene should not be seen by kids that age. But overall the movies are great and the last one will be better
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2012

chick flick

Teen mariage,pregnancy,nudity,and strong sexuality
Teen, 13 years old Written byEverything'sAmazing December 11, 2012

So what's the plot? Sex and a birth scene, and that's about it.

I personally detest the Twilight saga and everything it represents. I watched this movie when I was twelve (the film is classified a 12 in Britain) and I found both the sex scene and the pregnancy scene rather disturbing. Bella's pregnancy was especially so and when I was watching the well, sexy, sex scene I felt both awkward and somewhat guilty. I felt this film is a definite don't bother because of how it has no apparent point to it apart from Bella having sex and then going into childbirth. And that, to me, is not enough of a reason to watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVictor French November 29, 2012

bad

bad never see it
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMy two cents November 25, 2012

Might be ok for some under 13

I took 10 & 11 year olds to this who had seen the previous Twilight movies. Yes, there was violence, but there were enough positive messages and images, that somehow, overall, the violence was not overwhelming. They also cut away from certain acts pretty quickly. It's a beautiful movie in many ways. If your kid has seen other Twilights, Lord of the Rings, or other intense films, s/he will be absolutely fine with this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byUnicornGirl November 25, 2012

Short Review

Not as good as the book. A little gory.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygodzillafan November 24, 2012