All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Sexy honeymoon, disturbing pregnancy dominate latest movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byxFlawless August 11, 2012

Watch It !!!!! xDxD

Just let your child watch it
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2012

Nasty stuff.

This movie has sexual and scary scenes that could be too much for even twelve year olds with violent birth scenes and deaths with disgusting consequences. Uuuh. It took me a year to get my parents to let me watch it and it was almost too much for me.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2012

Woman giving birth, strong sex, mild language and rationship dialemas
Teen, 15 years old Written bykirsten.fox July 7, 2012

even if your kids love the the twilight series think again

This film is definitely on the iffy side for tweens and younger teens. This is just like any other film there's violence and of coarse romance but in my opion there are a couple iffy parts to know. First of all, there is a sex scene while Bella and Edward are on there honeymoon. Honestly, there isn't any nudity. You see Edward's bare chest and Bella's bare back. On the MPAA rating it said there was partial nudity but I didn't see any. Next there is the birth scene. This scene is very intense. Even as a 14 year old it was very intense and slightly terrifying. It's very bloody and once again very intense. Overall I feel like it's an iffy choice for kids 14 but more for kids 15 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKenziebelle1 June 28, 2012

It is OKAY for younger kids!

Okay, I honestly think this movie is okay for kids 10 and up. If your kid knows about sex then its okay. I actually watched the movie with a 10 year old. Her mom sent it for us to watch while I babysitted her. It under lying is a good movie. But if you do have some reservations about it, you can watch the movie and see what you think.
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2012

Deep Breaths

Family comes first. Sex scene. Bella takes control. Cussing. Cullens own expensive stuff.
Teen, 16 years old Written byIluvthewomeninblack June 13, 2012

Great

You need to tAlk about sex and vampire babies and being drunk
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatie <3 May 30, 2012

GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If u have VERY overprotected kids DONT have them watch this they probably wont be ready to see this
Educator Written bySTEPHIEGIRL66 May 25, 2012

THE TWILIGHT SAGA BREAKING DAWN PART 1

COME ON NETFLIX BABY WHEN YOUR GOING TO HAVE THIS MOVIE ON INSTANT
Parent Written byConcernedTeacher2 May 15, 2012

Not Suitable for Children!

Parents, please DO NOT allow your children to view this movie or read the book. I am an educator and this is FAR too graphic for any child (under the age of 18). This movie has way more blood/guts/gore than any horror movie I have ever seen. It will surely give your child nightmares!
Adult Written byFilmManiac May 14, 2012

Best and most mature installment of this vampire series

Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2012

Just another teen vamp movie

Good movie carrying on from previous twilight films. The story is based on pregnancy so of course there is some sex and nudity, but nothing that a 12 year old would be bothered by. There is not alot of violence but quite a bit of blood in the 'birth' scene, and some parts are disturbing for 12 and below. No language though:). It gets a bit samey by this time though, but believe it or not, this is pretty funny!
Parent Written byrickid_hi May 10, 2012

Graphic and horrible scene not for children or even teens

This review contains many **SPOILERS**! I watched this movie with my husband and daughter with some concern after reading the reviews. However, we've seen the other films, so I THOUGHT I kind of knew what to expect, my daughter really wanted to see this one and she is 12, mature for her age and has handled several PG-13 movies with no issues. The movie started out well enough, and as other reviewers have mentioned there was some more mature content during the honeymoon scenes that would be good talking points for a family. The sex scene, while not terribly explicit, I felt pushed the rating, but okay... From there the movie tipped completely into horror film territory. Some highlights - A lot of heated talk about how the baby was a 'thing' and the pregnancy should be terminated. Research by the family showing graphic images of women dying during childbirth, and demonic children. The highly disturbing pregnancy left Bella ghoulishly thin. Skeletal would be more accurate, with dark gaunt features, sunken eyes and very literally a skin and bones appearance. Also a very upsetting portrayal of a "difficult" pregnancy where the baby's growth breaks the bones of the mother as it grows! The sound effects were painfully realistic; when the birth scene began the sound and visual of Bella's spine breaking actually made me physically ill. Even knowing going in that there was a disturbing birth scene, I was horrified about the level of terrifying imagery, auditory horror and violence of it. The cesarean was shown. Bella was screaming. When she "dies" it is horrible and stark. Edward's attempts to turn her involve biting her everywhere, leaving seeping bite wounds. My daughter was so terrified during this entire scene that she not only closed her eyes as tightly as she could, she plugged her ears and spoke to drown out Bella's pain. If this didn't merit an R rating, I'd really like to know how much further they'd have to have gone to get it. IMMHO, in no way, shape or form was this worthy of a PG-13 rating.
Parent Written byChristianVeiw April 29, 2012

NOT CHRISTAN AND NOT FOR KIDS OR EVEN TEENS!!!!!!!!

There is some positive role model and that is that Edward Cullen is very loyal to his wife (Bella Swan) and will do anything to keep her safe but at the same time it should really be rated R for the violence and graphic parts of honeymoon and birth scene it is not a christian movie that will teach kids anything positive about life
Parent Written bytifany1 April 18, 2012

TWILIGHT

its ok a butsome kids cant handle it but i loved it
Teen, 15 years old Written byTWIHARD12 April 15, 2012

Amazing!

This was an amazing installment to the Twilight series! While I do think this deserved it's PG-13 rating, I was appalled that some "parents" were bringing their kids 11 years and younger to see this. For that reason ONLY, I wish it would have been rated R, just so that the little kids would have had to stay home. People think that just because it's 'only pg-13' that they can bring their 8 year olds in and it will totally be appropriate. 12 year olds might be okay, depending on their maturity. They may have questions that you will probably have to be prepared to answer though. But, trust me, no matter what people say, the honey moon scenes truly were not that bad. The birth scene was pretty gory though, but you just have to make sure your kids remember it's not real, and you'll be fine. OH, and I also want to correct some of these liars who say they actually watched the movie (most of them under the parent reviews). Graphic nudity?? Showing all their, and I quote, "man and woman parts"? Complete showing of a child birth scene?? Let me try to go in order here. 1; You probably don't want to EVER take your kids to say, a pool, or beach, if you think they showed too much, because you see WAY MORE at one of those places then you see in this movie. You see Edward's back, Bella's back, their legs (from the knee down) and their arms. 2; All their "parts"? Really? You don't see ANYTHING! Refer to number 1. . . And 3; From the way people are describing the birth scene, it would make someone think "traditional" child birth. It is a vampire child birth. It is basically like a more gory version of a c-section. They go in through her stomach. You don't see anything "down there" as some would say.
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2012

Breaking dawn part 2

Everybody is saying that it should be rated 14 and up but i saw the movie and im 11. My mom fast forward one scene that was very inapropiate. I think thats the only think that was inpropiate in the movie. By the way if your looking forward to part 2. Go on youtube and type breaking dawn part 2 trailor. Go Team Edward :)
Teen, 15 years old Written byjorgin April 11, 2012

i give it as a older person 100/100

i think the movie has some violence and it has nudity i guess and some sex scenes
Teen, 17 years old Written byTeamPetta101 April 6, 2012

Very Vivid

Very sexual they have at least have a good 20 minuets worth of Edward and Bella have sexual activity. The pregnancy could be disturbing to most viewers. Very vivid!
Teen, 15 years old Written byCasey14 March 25, 2012