All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Sexy honeymoon, disturbing pregnancy dominate latest movie.

Parent Written bytreat02 February 17, 2012

good,

it is a little shaky on s**. i think it is for older kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byoboe_kitty February 17, 2012

Prepare Yourself AND Your Child

Okay. Parents, you aren't going to want to hear this- the truth is, your child probably knows a lot more about sex, violence, and drugs than you think they do (if they're in their tweens +). Some of you may go ask your ten year old child now if they know what sex was, and you'd be pretty sure they'd say no. Either that's *not* what they'd say, they're lying because they don't want to get the friend that told them what sex is in trouble, or you were right. EXPLAIN what sex means and it's implications to the child that you plan to bring to see this. Otherwise, prepare yourself for, "Mommy?/Daddy? What are they doing? Why did he hurt the bed like that? Why would he hurt his wife if he said he loves her?" And those are probably questions you don't want to answer in a movie theatre. No child under 10 should be seeing this movie or reading the book.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 16, 2012

14 and up.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 is a cute and in enjoyable movie for your teens to watch but parents you need to know that The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 has some violence shown included a disturbing scene where Bella is having baby and she's screaming in pain as she suffers during the pregnancy also there is one sex scene but nothing explicit shown and some drinking used such as champagne.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymidgy3 February 13, 2012

uy98upui

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviebooklover February 12, 2012

AMAZING!!

if you are a twilight fan like me, this is amazing!! sure, it has a little sex and violence, but not to much.
Kid, 11 years old February 11, 2012

Amazing!

this movie is absolutly amazing! SPOILER ALERT! the ending was crazy bella opened her eyes and they were red! i thought that was a good way to leave us hanging and now the volturi wants the baby!
Kid, 11 years old February 10, 2012

twilight stinks

I think twilight has way too much kissing. sorta a boring movie till the end. as far as sex it shows them kissing on a bed Edward braks the bed by the way. a very gross baby seen not for little kids.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byjojovonjo February 8, 2012

WT(YOU KNOW)

When I say not for kids that count people who are living or who have ever lived. Also animals. No should ever watch this. I would like to know where those stars came from. What parts of the movie deserved a star. Was it the part where the all talked or one of the parts where two of them were talking about nothing. Also a mature relationship is not the term I would use for Bella and Edward. Bella just wants some (you know). The where wolf also wants some but, he is in to younger girls. Really young girls. He wants to (duh) and infant. Creepy stuff.
Parent Written bycocokid February 7, 2012

Great Movie

Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2012

Just fine if you will not be offended by some blood and bare skin but no parts that would be labled as incredibly revealing.

Well... my parents weren't going to let me see it at first. However my dad went to see it and said he was laughing the whole time. the later reviews (a.k.a. my friends' moms that left their daughters at home to see the premier) also said it would be fine for me to see. Then that next weekend I went with some friends and I only had to look away at the end when her eyes opened from being a vampire. The birth seen is very bloody but perfectly fine if you are mature. The intimate scene was fine if you know that you should not get pregnant or married at 18, However it also is positive because she waited untill she was married. And it has the positive messages that people under 21 don't drink ( they drunk apple juice), Bella makes the decision NOT to have an ABORTION!!, and the war that was planned to happen did not happen which proves that problems can be resolved peacefully and NOT with war. So overall this is a wonderful book with good role models, messages, and great literature.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypower puff girls February 1, 2012

what to know about Breaking Dawn.

it was a great movie and i would reccommed this movie for people 15 and up.
Adult Written byTV-14-DLSV Teen Boy January 30, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 was Really good!!!!

Really good Movie The Best of The Twilight Saga so far. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 is Awesome!!!! This movie was Really Interesting and a Really Mature Storyline and It does Contain some Disturbing Images and Violence Including some Sexual Content and a gory Birth scene. The special Effects were Amazing. The way they made Bella look when she was all skinny, sick and when she gave Birth It was very Impressive. Edward does'nt care about The Baby. Only About Bella's Health. OffCourse Bella's health is way more Important than the Baby's health. My Favorite scene was Almost At The End when Bella wakes up As A Vampire And her Eyes Are Red. I hope The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 is As good As The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1. It was Really good!!!! I give It 4 out of 5 stars And I Rate The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 an on For Age 14 + And The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 is RATED: PG-13 and It Bearely Fits. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 is Really good I give It two thumbs up!!!!
Kid, 12 years old January 29, 2012

Pretty good movie

Sexual- Overall the only sexual scene in the movie is the honeymoon scene, Edward and Bella go skinny dipping(Bella's side of her breast is partly seen), They have sex(nothing shown) and Edward "breaks the bed". Later in the morning Bella has brusies on her arm, shoulder etc. and kissing later on, but they did wait untill after they got married to do all this and I think that sent out a very positive message. Good/Bad role models- Bella and Edward to wait until after marriage to have sex; Jacob helps the Collins by protecting Bella, Bella and Roslie don't want to abort the half vampire-human baby unlike most every other character in the movie, including Edward. Violence- Birth scene is gory; "something out of a horror movie", but blood and a bloody baby is all that is really shown. A realisticly looking dead Bella lays on the table after the birth and a needle is stabed threw her chest to her heart. (The 11 year old by me couldn't bear to watch). Languge- Not a problem. D*** is used once and abortion is discussed.
Parent Written byCamisita January 27, 2012

More for 17+ and adults than kids

Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2012

It's Actually Pretty Good

This movie is actually pretty good. I hated all of the previous Twilight films except Eclipse, but this one just blew me away. The first 30 minutes were boring and too sexual, but starting when Edward finds out that Bella is pregnant, the thrills immediately kick in. The birth scene is pretty gross and disturbing and made some viewers cringe. There are bits of positive messages and role models scattered throughout the film. Starting from the birth scene, Breaking Dawn: Part 1 was a complete horror movie. My sister, my mom, and I watched it a day after this film released in theaters. The theater was packed with teens but I saw a few REALLY young kids but at school, I know a lot of people around my age that watched this film. The first s-e-x scene was overlong (about a minute long) and the second one was ok (about five seconds long). I could not tolerate these scenes. I don't know why people gave it bad reviews. There was a lot of cheering in my theater. In the end when Bella opened her eyes to reveal huge red eyes, that shocked a lot of people. There is a scene in the end credits but sadly, I did not know that and I didn't stay for that. Language and drinking is at minimal. I simply cannot wait for Part 2!
Adult Written byanti twilighter January 22, 2012

seriously...WTF???

it sucked. don't bother seeing it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 16, 2012

fddgff

Boring,crapy 1st ending movie you barley see the whole body of the charecters
Adult Written byDisney-all-day January 14, 2012

Safely Disappointing

This movie appears to draw out a book which could have been adapted in one movie. Sure people are interested in [***SPOILER ALERT***] how Bella and Ed get married, awkwardly struggle to have sexual relations, and deal with issues of their "demon" child but really this movie appears to draw events out in a long and boring way. Even the ridiculous comedic relief was poor in diffusing pointless scenes of awkward sexual tension and ridiculous roughhousing. This movie is likely best suited for older teens (15 or 16+) but will leave many with a feeling of a poor smut/harlequin romance novel gone wrong. Some may also make a case for good sexual values but unless your daughter is dating a vampire and you (the parent) are concerned that he will violate (either physically or emotionally) your daughter there really isn't anything to be concerned about in this movies content (unless you count the threat of dying from boredom). As for a comparison to the book, perhaps Breaking Dawn Part II will do a better job of doing it justice but it is clear part I is more about gaining money than about the actual content. One potential complications some parents may have with this movie can arise from issues dealing with abortion. Some parallels can be drawn to mother vs. child's life as well as to contemplating abortions dues to genetic diseases (as well as genetic screening) however, in this contextual setting such connections are likely too vague or esoteric for any really critical thinking to occur. Finally, Lautner (Jacob) and Pattinson (Edward) do a fair job as their characters but Stewart (Bella) as usual is disturbingly emotionless (perhaps even more lifeless than her vampire counterparts). In fact her performance is synonymous with her performance in The Yellow Handkerchief (2008). Actually, the big rising star award in this movie can likely go to the supporting role of Booboo Stewart (Seth) for not having to deal with made up emotions and trying to face life as he perceived it. Overall, this movie does not pose significant threats to the emotional and/or psychological development of teens (ensuring they are 15-16+) but is entirely a waste of a evening at the movies, especially if you have read the book.
Teen, 15 years old Written byratdog586 January 13, 2012

best of the latest twilight saga movies but some disturbing content.

this latest film in the well known twilight saga is a great film those who follow the books will be pleased but what you should know that the most disturbing scene is when bella gives birth its very bloody and earlier n the film bella drinks blood to feed the child like a smoothie if your squimish this movie may not be for you.
Adult Written byAylaWade January 6, 2012

13 and up

I agree that is much more sexual than the rest of the series however; I think parents are overlooking the fact that the series strongly pushes the message that you don't need to have sex before marriage to show someone you really love them! I also think that as with any PG-13 movie parents should discuss the themes of the movie with their child to be sure they understand fully what's going on and to stress the positive messages once more.