All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Sexy honeymoon, disturbing pregnancy dominate latest movie.

Adult Written byAylaWade January 6, 2012

13 and up

I agree that is much more sexual than the rest of the series however; I think parents are overlooking the fact that the series strongly pushes the message that you don't need to have sex before marriage to show someone you really love them! I also think that as with any PG-13 movie parents should discuss the themes of the movie with their child to be sure they understand fully what's going on and to stress the positive messages once more.
Teen, 15 years old Written byYOmana January 3, 2012

fROM mY MOM

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012

Twilight breaking dawn part 1

twilight part I of the ending starts out pretty good.
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2012

>3< HORRIBLE!!!

I read some other reviews for this movie, some disgusting parts of the movie were mentioned. The pregnancy scene with the blood and screams is just gross and inappropriate for younger children. (Parents, DO NOT take your kids to see this, even if they are of age to see this movie.)
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav December 30, 2011

Good, but it helps to have a strong stomach

This movie turned out to be a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The acting was good, it had a decent pace, and wasn't too boring. In regards to the birth scene, I did not find it that bad. It was certainly considerably toned down when compared to the book. However, it is not the best for people without strong stomachs or younger kids. Most of this movie is okay for kids 12 and older. It really depends on the kid. I know some adults who were totally freaked out by parts of this movie and people around 12 who took it in stride. If your kid is old enough, really wants to see this movie, and has a strong stomach, then go ahead and take them. The gross and scary parts are only a small fraction of this otherwise good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancegirl3697 December 29, 2011

LOVE IT!

Im a total Twihard! I love the books and movies! But I do admit, this movie is innapropriate for younger kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written by99IsMyLuckyNumber December 29, 2011

EWWW WORST MOVIE EVA GUYS

Unless you want to educate your child on how to be emo and rely on their boyfriends as well as how to kiss, a lot, NO. :) This movie is viewed more by 70+ Old men and 45+ Old single women than anyone else.
Parent Written byspheatherm December 29, 2011

The best so far since the first movie

Great movie, especially for fans of the series. Definitely not for younger audiences. If you get queasy easily or have a weak stomach you may be bothered by some of the scenes towards the end. I think it was rated appropriately.
Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2011

Great, but just a touch bloody

Very awesome movie, pretty well made, would suggest it to anyone. The only thing that would make me say not so great for younger kids is the birth scene and bella's bloody nightmare. But hey, birth is pretty bloody. Otherwise it's fine: a little sexuality, doesn't show too much, and hey, they're married, hardly any violence, the mildest of language, and no drinking or drugs (well, it says so on here but I couldn't detect it, personally) and everyone's absurdly polite.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2011

good movie

I saw the movie twice and loved it. the only problem is the birth scene, which is really gorey. Im not the queezy type, (ive seen a lot of r movies) but i almost fainted when i saw that part. overall, there is no nudity. it was a great movie.i myself am a twihard.
Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2011

COOLIO

TWILIGHT IS AWESOME MOVIE, U SHOULD OF SEE IT!!! TEAM JACOB!!!!
Adult Written byeytchface December 23, 2011

Not for the faint of heart, or stomach; dangerous for anyone prone to seizures

I went to the midnight premiere with younger female friends for the cultural experience. I turned off my hyper-critical writer's mind as much as I could, and tried to enjoy it for what I knew it would be: treacly vampire fluff, as Cleolinda of Livejournal so brilliantly calls the series. And I did, for the most part. I even cried during the wedding--not a dignified, silent tear-shedding, but snuffly wet sobs. Not during the exchange of vows or bridal procession, but immediately before, during the brief, tender interchange between father and daughter. Charlie is certainly one of the characters I had in mind when I marked, "Good role models." He gets tipsy at the wedding--fine. Make of that what you will--it wasn't anything I would concern myself over, and I'm quite conservative when it comes to alcohol consumption and its endorsement. He cares deeply for his daughter, which is admirable, as she has a nasty narcissistic streak that the movie adaptations have wisely underplayed. Breaking Dawn is rife with moments of tenderness, some compelling, and some hokey, but all well-meant. Twilight lacks cynicism, and while I take artistic issue with some of the dialogue and acting, I can see the appeal of this guileless escapist fantasy. My biggest issue with this film is the gore: I'm not a big horror movie watcher, and I can't vouch for the stomachs of other audience members, but the birth sequence is grotesque. Sounds, blood, viscera--I felt sick, and one of my friends had to run to the bathroom because she is prone to seizures, and would have had an attack had she stayed. After the sensual, yet tasteful, honeymoon scenes, I was completely unprepared for the graphic violence of the delivery. I can still hear Bella's screams and see several disgusting images when I think about the film. Had I seen this movie as a young teenager, I certainly would have had nightmares.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymenchieslover December 22, 2011

Book was better

I think the movie was pretty good....but compared to the AMAZING book it was ok. A little inappropriate at the island scene also the birth was pretty gross. The makeup people did amazing she really looked disgusting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanaliy December 19, 2011

breaking dawn

i think you have to be a mature teen to watch this movie
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2011

i have none

its a lecction
Teen, 13 years old Written bynicolemlt December 13, 2011

review from a huge twilight fan

not for anyone under the age of 12. it does include sexual scenes of bella and edward. also a fight between the wolf pack and the cullens. It is a bit different than the other movies of twilight because bella and edward are now married and are comfortable with each other but now Bella is pregnant so it causes some complications. i have to say tough I abseloutley am in love with this movie I think it`s amazing especially for teens!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykoahlaloverE-) December 12, 2011

wow amazing, best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!had everything. drama,comedy,romance,horror wow omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!i watched this with my bffs and most of my friends were screaming when jacob came out shirtless. im obviously team edward all the way...........eehhhh maybe a little with team jacob.the only thing that bothered me is that some young mother brought her 4 year olds to watch it.not appropriate for them at all. Ehh some scenes are innapropriate but i mean thats what your going to have to expect when the movie is mostly based on the honeymoon and pregnancy......great movie for 13 and up
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2011

Talk

I don't think it's bad although it's kind of violent and kids should talk to their parents about if they're old enough to watch this movie and not take it seriously. I watched the first one but I am not really a fan...my parents let me watch it but I thought all the vapire thing was little creepy. On the other hand I think it's fun to watch and there's not really a lot of creepy stuff but I do recommand kids to talk to and ask their parents before watching^^
Teen, 15 years old Written bySarahsaurus December 11, 2011

Breaking Dawn 12+

I am 13, and I saw the movie and It was amazing! There was some sexual content but it is just sex, and at age 13 you should know what sex is. You do not see any thing besides There backs, shoulders...etc... For the violence, I mean it is a little scary, but not terrifying. Honestly I really think it is okay for kids 12+ (I promise my opinion is not biast being that I am 13)
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2011