All member reviews for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1

Sexy honeymoon, disturbing pregnancy dominate latest movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBooks<3Ballet<3 November 20, 2011

Awesome movie

It was really good. It was really close to the book. The honeymoon isn't bad its just a lot of kissing. The birth scene was a little gross but just because there is ton of blood. It's such a cliffhanger though!!!!!! Stay after the credits there is another scene
Kid, 11 years old November 20, 2011

IT IS FINE

Parents, be notified that it has some inappopriat parts but its not all bad
Parent Written byLove this site November 19, 2011

What about the anorexic look?

I watched the movie with my 12 year old because I was most concerned about the honeymoon scenes and the gory pregnancy. After seeing the movie, what concerns me more is how emaciated Bella looked. She definitely looked like an anorexic. Does the movie glorify this look? The honeymoon scenes did push the limit of PG-13, but, like the book, weren't so bad. At the delivery, all the blood and death look were very scary. Not for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxskittlesx November 19, 2011

Brutal Birth Scene, but Amazing Movie!

This is by far the best twilight saga movie. i saw the midnight premier, and everyone in the theater absolutely loved and we all even clapped when Bella and Edward said their vows. The sex scene isn't too bad, nothing your child hasnt seen before. I must say though, that the birth scene is pretty disturbing. There is a huge amount of blood and a decent amount of gore. The sound effects are brutal (my friends who is 14 had to cover her ears haha) But the role models and messages are great. They have the no sex before marriage, family comes first, and to try to get along with everyone. P.S.. they show Renesmee as a toddler and teenager!!!!! She's beautiful!
Kid, 12 years old November 18, 2011

jessie

i loved it my mom and her friends and daughter and her friend saw it and loved it althogh all the BAD stuff
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeq073198 November 18, 2011

AWAY WITH YOU TWI-HARDS!!!!!!

Ewwww, eww, eww!! I do NOT like any aspect of these books or movies. Bella has NO spine! She tried to kill herself when Edward left her in New Moon! Compare her to Hermione. When Ron left Hermione, she was hurt, yea, but she still stayed with Harry to destroy the Horcruxes. And when he came back she beat him up (which was hilarious. :-D) For the whole series Bella is just "I'll just sit her and let my sparkly boyfriend do all the work." And Edward is a stalker. And then Jacob falls in love with their baby?! WHAT THE HECK?!?! That brings the term "cradle robber" to a totally new, disturbing, and literal sense. I'm truly creeped out. And Edward BITES OPEN BELLA'S UTERUS?! THAT IS SERIOUSLY SCARY! And all you crazy teen girls who are in love with these books and movies and complain about parents sheltering their kids? Wow, you're blind. This seriously is nasty.
Parent Written byScrew This Sight November 18, 2011

F-

I usually don't bother looking up PG-13 movies, but this one is so inappropriate!! I have never seen anything so gross in a pg-13 movie. Complete nudity, graphic details of a baby being born, as well as very "strange" sounds coming from a bed room. Bad movie!!
Kid, 12 years old January 15, 2013

silvonadux review

ugh. I really wish I hadn't eaten panda express the night I watched it.
Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2013

Beware

Some apple computers are shown. The bloody birth scene is slightly disturbing and might be frightening to younger kids. A few battle scenes. Bella has a bloody nightmare that shows many dead known characters splattered in blood. There are a TON of sex scenes, although very chaste.
Kid, 11 years old December 13, 2012

chick flick

Teen mariage,pregnancy,nudity,and strong sexuality
Parent of a 11 year old Written byMy two cents November 25, 2012

Might be ok for some under 13

I took 10 &amp; 11 year olds to this who had seen the previous Twilight movies. Yes, there was violence, but there were enough positive messages and images, that somehow, overall, the violence was not overwhelming. They also cut away from certain acts pretty quickly. It's a beautiful movie in many ways. If your kid has seen other Twilights, Lord of the Rings, or other intense films, s/he will be absolutely fine with this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTiCritic November 23, 2012

14+ for SURE!

Strong Sexually content! The movie have some of drinking.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byjojovonjo February 8, 2012

WT(YOU KNOW)

When I say not for kids that count people who are living or who have ever lived. Also animals. No should ever watch this. I would like to know where those stars came from. What parts of the movie deserved a star. Was it the part where the all talked or one of the parts where two of them were talking about nothing. Also a mature relationship is not the term I would use for Bella and Edward. Bella just wants some (you know). The where wolf also wants some but, he is in to younger girls. Really young girls. He wants to (duh) and infant. Creepy stuff.
Adult Written byanti twilighter January 22, 2012

seriously...WTF???

it sucked. don't bother seeing it.
Written byAnonymous September 4, 2013

Bad,Bad,Bad,Bad,Bad....(You get the gist)

This is a shorter twilight 117 mins but it seems like 3 hours. There was one inappropriate sex scene and is quite long. Too boring it ends well but that's about it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadingeverything August 12, 2013

There's a reason it's PG-13

I watched this with my mom (she didn't want me watching it alone) and I thought it was pretty good. We skipped the s*x scenes (I wouldn't want to watch them anyway) I don't know why people are complaining about the gore. It wasn't THAT bad. Definitely not as much as in the book. In my opinion, it made it more believable. The ending made me anxious! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 21, 2013

cool

cool
Teen, 16 years old Written byjaniopartyfrenchkid December 13, 2012

janio follow me on Facebook @janio partyfrenchkid holness

i think the movie is great it also emphasize marriage comes before sex and a great man cares for his wife safety. its not for kids under 13 cause at there stage they are not introduce to that part of about sex and the scene should not be seen by kids that age. But overall the movies are great and the last one will be better
Teen, 13 years old Written byEverything'sAmazing December 11, 2012

So what's the plot? Sex and a birth scene, and that's about it.

I personally detest the Twilight saga and everything it represents. I watched this movie when I was twelve (the film is classified a 12 in Britain) and I found both the sex scene and the pregnancy scene rather disturbing. Bella's pregnancy was especially so and when I was watching the well, sexy, sex scene I felt both awkward and somewhat guilty. I felt this film is a definite don't bother because of how it has no apparent point to it apart from Bella having sex and then going into childbirth. And that, to me, is not enough of a reason to watch.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygodzillafan November 24, 2012